IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
reeserx (Offline)
  #1 7/27/22 8:06 AM
What a fantastic race last night. Reece and rowdy had Kokomo juiced up all night long! A new track record, and a bad ass feature. It was good to see the place packed on a Tuesday night. And how about Justin grant becoming the winningest driver ever at Kokomo with the new configuration? Passing two legends, a guy named Dave darland and a guy named Jon stanbrough.
22 Likes: 95KART, addictedtodirt, Blackduce, chrismattlin, DirtTrackTherapy16J, EBookerFan, EltoJoe, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, JarrettFarms73, Ken Bonnema, oldfan49, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, rapid robert, Static, The Old Coyote, TNRustler, Will Shunk, yeleyfan76
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #2 7/27/22 8:09 AM
Kokomo rarely If ever disappoints. For quality of racing it’s in the top 5 tracks in the country.
16 Likes: Big Mike 7, dirtnonwingfan, DirtTrackTherapy16J, EltoJoe, flagboy55, Ken Bonnema, oldfan49, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, rapid robert, reeserx, tirespinner, TNRustler, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers, yeleyfan76
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 7/27/22 8:20 AM
Was a great race and I've seen blowouts there as well as anywhere else. I won't say Cummins was a suprise as he's been going good thee and some other tracks. Wish he could go full time but understand the job deal.

Great Track prep and again, the cream rose to the top.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Blackduce, flagboy55, Ken Bonnema
reeserx (Offline)
  #4 7/27/22 9:01 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Was a great race and I've seen blowouts there as well as anywhere else. I won't say Cummins was a suprise as he's been going good thee and some other tracks. Wish he could go full time but understand the job deal.

Great Track prep and again, the cream rose to the top.
Not bad for having his “back up” car out lol. He looked really good. If it was a few more laps, I think he could have won it
6 Likes: Blackduce, DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55, Hubie48, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #5 7/27/22 9:29 AM
That was a tremendous race and that was what Kokomo is about. I definitely got my money’s worth. Not a Grant or Ballou fan but how could you not be entertained? Myself i was pulling For Cummins to get it done. I am ready for “Smackdown” 🍺🏁💰
7 Likes: Big Mike 7, Blackduce, DirtTrackTherapy16J, duel, flagboy55, oppweld, tirespinner
The55 (Offline)
  #6 7/27/22 9:42 AM
Just moved back to IN after being out of state for several years. Great to be able to attend a Sprint Week race again. Awesome night at Kokomo. I was somewhat shocked at the start of the feature when Grant went to bottom since he typically bangs the cushion. He eventually got there and won with it. I never cease to be amazed at the skill and courage of these drivers who just hang it out there every lap.
6 Likes: Blackduce, DirtTrackTherapy16J, Hubie48, oppweld, reeserx, tirespinner
JMA1181 (Offline)
  #7 7/27/22 10:44 AM
Is the outcome of the race the same if the flagman would have displayed the white flag to the leaders? I tried watching a replay to see if I saw it correctly but couldn’t confirm. At the time the white flag was displayed from where I was sitting, there’s no way the leaders saw it.
reeserx (Offline)
  #8 7/27/22 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by JMA1181:
Is the outcome of the race the same if the flagman would have displayed the white flag to the leaders? I tried watching a replay to see if I saw it correctly but couldn’t confirm. At the time the white flag was displayed from where I was sitting, there’s no way the leaders saw it.
You are correct. Flag man did not throw the white flag until the leaders were on the back stretch. I think that’s why both grant and Cummins went full tilt an extra lap
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #9 7/27/22 2:14 PM
The group I was with clearly saw that the flagman did not display the white flag to the leaders. We were sitting just past the flagman going into turn 1. We thought he grabbed the wrong flag. In the post-race interview, Kyle never mentioned this as an issue.

Here's a question I don't know: Are the drivers told in their helmet ear buds when there is one lap to go?
2 Likes: reeserx, tirespinner
Eric Smith (Offline)
  #10 7/27/22 3:12 PM
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy:
Are the drivers told in their helmet ear buds when there is one lap to go?
No
3 Likes: chrismattlin, Grocery Guy, tirespinner