IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #11 5/26/21 1:00 AM
Originally Posted by Adolph:
Beauchamp really should have won, go look at Flo replay frame by frame. The front of the car should determine the winner, not the back where the transponder is. Similar to Cottle at Gas City last year.
You can't really base it off of the Flo replay, due to how far the camera is off to the right of the flag stand. There's a decent distance that the camera is to the right, that can show you a car may be ahead when it's not.
Here's a picture from the broadcast, with the camera almost point straight across the track. You can notice how far to the left the flag stand is. You can't base a finish off of a camera unless that camera is dead straight off the line.

Corky
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #12 5/26/21 8:37 AM
Originally Posted by Adolph:
And why they are at it check the car for two transponders. That .042 seconds which is 4 feet screams of a hidden transponder placed forward in the car.
That seems a reach. If a car had two transponders, it would show up every lap and the total cars scored per lap would exceed the number of cars on the track (sorta like a rigged ********). I like juicy conspiracy theories as much as anyone, but this does, as I said, seem a reach.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, Dblchkrs, fish, luckybuc97, Speedmax3, TBONE
Eric Smith (Offline)
  #13 5/26/21 8:56 AM
Does anyone know where the loop is buried at Kokomo? That could make all the difference.
2 Likes: JarrettFarms73, racefan20
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #14 5/26/21 9:50 AM
We were there close to the top of the front stretch bleachers next to last section. We couldn’t tell live, looked like maybe the 11. Watching the replay at home it’s very close but I’m ok with the call
Adolph (Offline)
  #15 5/26/21 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote:
That seems a reach. If a car had two transponders, it would show up every lap and the total cars scored per lap would exceed the number of cars on the track (sorta like a rigged ********). I like juicy conspiracy theories as much as anyone, but this does, as I said, seem a reach.
The rear one can be for show and not transmitting.
3 Likes: chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, The Old Coyote
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #16 5/26/21 4:33 PM
Yeah but they have a blinker on them. What happens when you pull in victory lane and track personnel see a blinker where nothings supposed to be?

Charles Nungester
jim goerge (Offline)
  #17 5/27/21 1:16 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
There was a race at the Burg six, seven years ago that Stanbrough and I think KTJ crossed the line together. The call was made by transponder and later after a super slow mo frame by frame done by Jackslash, The transponder was right.

Note. Burgs Start/Finish line and scoring loop are just beyond the flag stand.
Haubstadts loop is roughly foot and a half past flag stand
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, tirespinner
3Cfan (Offline)
  #18 5/27/21 1:43 AM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Haubstadts loop is roughly foot and a half past flag stand
Not that its been needed lately, lol

Jon Prunty
3 Likes: PIT CART, racenut69, tirespinner