IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #11 4/27/20 10:08 AM
Interesting rules to say the least. Am I the only dinosaur left still using cash? If the government would eliminate cash and require a card for everything we could have the worst data breach ever. I like using cash always have. No tailgating at the races, no beer, and no reserved seats. I already paid for my yearly seat, no I don't expect a refund, I would just like to use my seat when the tracks open. I was never a big fan of the WoO and their making the rules for everyone else to comply with
14 Likes: billw, chrismattlin, dstensland, duel, Eatin Dirt, interpreter66, jim goerge, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, nathans1012, PIT CART, racenut69, racer-x, rmr6nm
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #12 4/27/20 11:43 AM
From decades of professional experience, where I work, when something goes wrong, we have to act to ensure it does not happen again. Learn via experience. This calls for an immediate directive from our managers on how to do this. Pretty much every time, the first directive has to be amended, for it will not work as originally written.

I am telling this to myself that this new WoO protocol-to-be is the first swing of the bat and will not/cannot be implemented as written, for myself, having experienced many a race, and many directives of the sort in my professional field, I can see the holes and pitfalls within this directive already. This is truly a wait-and-see time period.

On one end of the spectrum, nothing should be done. Go on as we did before. But that is not going to work. On the other end, this directive provides the ultimate extreme measures to be implemented. The true answer lies somewhere in the middle.

What makes me also wonder is not so much who came up with this directive, but moreso who was asked to provide input into it.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
7 Likes: duel, EBookerFan, jonboat15, LUCKYONE, nathans1012, racer-x, rick42
duel (Offline)
  #13 4/27/20 12:54 PM
Looks like the Lets race 2 at Eldora is done. I read it seems extreme. No tailgating? Why go. 2 or 3 days of racing 1st, camping/tailgating, and friends is why I go. I love the fact that racing events are outside. I only hope this is not adopted by other clubs and facilities. If it is, by by to my favorite sport sadly.
2 Likes: chrismattlin, PIT CART
Jonr (Offline)
  #14 4/27/20 2:01 PM
My belief is that these documents were put out to help our sport police itself. There are plenty of promoters who left in a vacuum would have gone forward with no policies in place at all. Now we have a starting point. I also think that these guidelines will adapt and grow as other sports come back. The 800 lb gorilla in the room is the NFL. If the NFL lives with rules like these, then we will have little recourse. However, if the NFL brings back tailgating and packed grandstands, we will follow.
5 Likes: duel, fish, jjones752, nathans1012, Stevensville Mike
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #15 4/27/20 2:34 PM
Originally Posted by ThePurple73:
Does this mean tracks will have to have running water in the bathrooms?
Next thing you know you’ll have to have a roof on the bathroom what is this world coming to🙂
captrat (Offline)
  #16 4/27/20 4:46 PM
It would seem we are forgetting some basic information. 1. There is still a deadly virus among us. 2. We do not know who is actually carrying it 3. We do not know all the ways it may be transmitted. 4. We do not know how long it can be active 5. We have no verified treatment or a vaccine. Patience is our most effective strategy for now, so that hopefully we can enjoy life in all its manifestations in the not too distant future.
7 Likes: jim goerge, Jonr, oldfan49, Pitdad, Sandy Lowe, Stevensville Mike, Will Shunk
sp6967 (Offline)
  #17 4/27/20 4:52 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
It would seem we are forgetting some basic information. 1. There is still a deadly virus among us. 2. We do not know who is actually carrying it 3. We do not know all the ways it may be transmitted. 4. We do not know how long it can be active 5. We have no verified treatment or a vaccine. Patience is our most effective strategy for now, so that hopefully we can enjoy life in all its manifestations in the not too distant future.
sounds like the yearly flu.
6 Likes: duel, jonboat15, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, racer-x, trackprep
fish (Offline)
  #18 4/27/20 5:31 PM
Originally Posted by sp6967:
I doubt that the 55,000 dead would agree with you.

I doubt that my friend who is now in a rehab center would agree with you.

I could go on. C'mon people. This sucks big time, but it's REAL.

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
8 Likes: captrat, erich45, JackSam40, jim goerge, oldfan49, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, Will Shunk
  #19 4/27/20 5:49 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
Very well said and I am in agreement, cap. We are shooting at a moving target. I just think of this WoO press release as the first attempt to educate the fans and competitors as to how we are going to shoot. It will be interesting to see how other sports address this.

I will give the WoO a lot of credit here. If you discard any sporting group, such as the NBA, PGA, etc., that will "perform" with no fans and only via TV, media, or internet, WoO has been the first to step up to the stage to address fans in attendance. We are all going to have to adjust from here on out and keep adjusting thereafter.

I hope you bud gets on the upswing, fish my friend.

#20 4/27/20 6:00 PM
Originally Posted by sp6967:
I understand your frustration with this, 6967. I may not agree with you but frustration and push back of the sort is yet another issue associated with this pandemic that our society has to address. There have been protests in at least two states at their Capitols and possibly more to come. Anyone who turns a blind eye to this is fooling themselves for this could become a snowball rolling downhill for everyone on the outside (unemployed/frustrated) looking in. Civil unrest is rarely good.

Am I preaching to the choir or has the choir left?

I just wish to reiterate that I do not agree, but I recognize the stance of the other side of the line.

3 Likes: captrat, fish, jim goerge