IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Things I learned at Kokomo
7/24/23, 11:21 AM   #1
Things I learned at Kokomo
kb78

Probably not a good thread title because I didn't learn alot, just reaffirmed things I already knew.

Kokomo is still my favorite track even though the surface seemed a little off
Kyle Cummins still has them covered at Kokomo, he is the odds on favorite to win Smackdown
C.J. Leary seems under rated or at least under appreciated to me, former champion and he is one of the best qualifiers in history, and I feel like he keeps getting better as an in-race driver.

50+ cars again, but no one complaining about 4 heats this time. I think that the qualifying was more "in-line" with the quality
They may need to sell camping spots like the Smackdown next year, left to themselves, race fans can screw up a parking situation
The front stretch bleachers are one county visit from being condemed, c'mon man, I'm overweight.

7/24/23, 12:24 PM   #2
The55

No one commented but a bleacher board broke on the North end. It didn’t appear anyone was injured. They did say early in the evening that new bleachers are in the works but they must wait for approval of the plan by the city of Kokomo.

4 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, LUCKYONE, tirespinner, TNRustler
7/24/23, 3:55 PM   #3
Pancho Stapp

If i could load the picture i would. The bleacher board broke right in front of me and i was the one holding onto the fella to keep his balance. He had one foot on the base board and was stepping onto the seat board to make his way out when it broke pinning his foot under it. The elderly couple sitting there were from Plymouth and it was there first visit. What an impression to make on them. I told them don’t let this keep you from coming back the racing is great. The bleacher was repaired and they stayed for the whole show.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Things I learned at Kokomo