IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Blackduce (Offline)
  #1 7/14/23 3:39 AM
I would like to thank Flo on coverage of the Million. The quality was excellent.
So thanks for the special time.
Lynn
21 Likes: berks co, Bostonian, BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, flagboy55, George Pollock, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, Jrp4554, LUCKYONE, miledirt, miwingless, PIT CART, Red Clay, skids59, SOROKACH35FAN, stp6237, The Old Coyote, Will Shunk, yeleyfan76
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #2 7/14/23 8:57 AM
I second those thoughts BD and it was very cool hearing Chet as well.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, LUCKYONE, SOROKACH35FAN
badcoupe (Offline)
  #3 7/14/23 9:13 AM
The picture quality on those drone shots was amazing. Race itself a bit lacking.
4 Likes: azsprintfan1, Hubie48, LUCKYONE, stp6237
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 7/14/23 9:28 AM
First, I'm happy for Shark Racing and Logan. Honestly was my pick anyway and like Scruffy, Everything's in the cars. If you're looking for the nicest shop, haulers etc. They're not it. Way to go.

The Broadcast was good, Lots of interviews insights etc on Flo.

Glad Chet somehow keep the other guy from screaming into the mic the entire show. I generally don't watch All Stars because of it.. They did a good job.

The track itself, I've seen much better. I've also seen worse. But it's the same for eveeryone. Glad it wasn't a all bottom Eldora, That to me, isn't what Eldora is all about. However the race itself was just ok.

I kept my comments to crowd size to myself and glad I did. Kinda amazes me the number who only come in for the features.. When I went to big races either with family friends or myself, we were there from gate open to last picture taken in the track. watching prep, haulers pull in whatever and shooting the racing bull. Maybe some day soon, I'll be part of the camping scene. But The race was always my reason for going.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: erich45, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, rapid robert
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #5 7/14/23 10:36 AM
-The coverage got better as the night went on. They finally figured out that zooming in on first and second at the start of a race isn’t the way to do it.
- The non-wing highlights from ‘03 showed how much better the racing was than this year’s race.
- Wing fans are a bunch of alcoholic idiots. They finally stop tailgating at about 8pm and show up drunk and have no idea what good racing is.
2 Likes: azsprintfan1, Love dirt
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #6 7/14/23 11:27 AM
I think that for a Thursday arriving late is pretty normal.

I'm getting set for Sprint weeks and this will be maybe taking off work an hour early. I will still have to deal with the roped off seating areas. Gas City is pretty bad about it. Retirement is not that far off so I suppose I will be the guy roping off seats here in the very near future!
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #7 7/14/23 11:39 AM
They ran the bottom in before the C mains but didn’t do much after. It was kind of like the old Eldora last night right up against the wall and sliders being the only way to pass which made it into a bit of a snoozer, but with everything on the line and the great backstory of the winner it was still a very cool event.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hubie48, PIT CART