IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belligerence. Seriously Lincoln
6/26/22, 10:39 AM   #1
Belligerence. Seriously Lincoln
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I come from the days of Anybody but Kinser and there were boo birds, Including me. But I respected his talent and recognize he was one of the best that will ever be in a sprint car.

Last night Macri made it two in a row in PA Speedweek at Lincoln and a group of fans standing off to the side of victory lane badgered him into not being able to enjoy the moment. Seen this at Tri State midget week on Kofoid too. I mean what the heck? Is this drunkenness or just being idiots? I pick the first as it's exactly why I quit going to big near sellout races due to totally S Faced fans making it not enjoyable to be there.

Haven't experienced it much if at all in Indiana. But still. Enjoy yourself. Boo when they call the name, Whatever, But don't sit there for ten minutes cussin the guy for whooping everyone's A$$

BTW, Steve and Karl were used to it. They'd flip em off point to the check, ask where's your car? and egg em on.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/26/22 at 10:41 AM.

6/26/22, 11:00 AM   #2
dsc1600

The dark side of some Posse fans, they’ve been booing the dominant guys for years, Fred Rahmer got the worst of it. When the WoO comes in all is temporarily forgiven and Macri will be cheered.

6/26/22, 11:04 AM   #3
Re: Belligerence. Seriously Lincoln
Charles Nungester

IDK. Think they're mad a him for venturing out?? I don't think he's running for a track championship in PA. But is doing Knoxville, WVa, Eldora and other things. And rightly so. I think with some laps on more tracks. he could win anywhere against anybody. he's got the team.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
6/26/22, 12:01 PM   #4
jonboat15

If you are going to be a consistent winner in PA you will get boooed. It was a large crowd last night and more people equates to more drunken idiots. The Macri team is on a roll right now, they'll have to get used to the haters till the outlaws come around. Same stuff in PA just a different decade

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, fish, tirespinner
6/26/22, 12:43 PM   #5
SoIllSprinter

I certainly don’t speak for Charles, but I think the point in boo if you want, then lay off. Constant harangues in victory lane or anywhere else is uncalled for.

6/26/22, 1:17 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
I certainly don’t speak for Charles, but I think the point in boo if you want, then lay off. Constant harangues in victory lane or anywhere else is uncalled for.

Exactly.

6/26/22, 1:33 PM   #7
captrat

Civility left this culture sometime ago. Couple that with anonymity and we have a toxic brew.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, jonboat15, rick42, tirespinner
6/26/22, 1:43 PM   #8
Kart#51

They must have been really pouring it on. He mentioned that group twice in his interview. Marci is always a refreshing interview because he is slightly quirky and appears introverted so you're never sure what he might say. He mentioned something about social Media last week at Port. He must be catching a ton of social media garbage these days and with his relatively new found stardom he is not quite sure how to handle the haters.

Last night I was hoping he would say, " I think I made some new fans tonight. We need to get them to the TShirt trailer so they can come back on Monday wearing new shirts and cheer me on to victory lane." That would have been the best thing he could have done, but instead I think he made it worse. He's young, being 20, he's going to make mistakes so i'm sure next time he will have a more polished line for a retort to the fans.

He could always use the old Bob Weikert line. "The louder you boo, the fast that car gets"

6/26/22, 4:26 PM   #9
dsc1600

He and Mike Wagner got together on the frontstretch last week at Port and he and Logan Wagner got together earlier in the year. That’s probably behind at least part of it too/

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/26/22, 4:39 PM   #10
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I come from the days of Anybody but Kinser and there were boo birds, Including me. But I respected his talent and recognize he was one of the best that will ever be in a sprint car.

Last night Macri made it two in a row in PA Speedweek at Lincoln and a group of fans standing off to the side of victory lane badgered him into not being able to enjoy the moment. Seen this at Tri State midget week on Kofoid too. I mean what the heck? Is this drunkenness or just being idiots? I pick the first as it's exactly why I quit going to big near sellout races due to totally S Faced fans making it not enjoyable to be there.

Haven't experienced it much if at all in Indiana. But still. Enjoy yourself. Boo when they call the name, Whatever, But don't sit there for ten minutes cussin the guy for whooping everyone's A$$

BTW, Steve and Karl were used to it. They'd flip em off point to the check, ask where's your car? and egg em on.
Sadly Chuck it is where we are at as a society. The people that raised me, and probably you and a great many more would have been horribly embarassed if we had acted that way, and if we had been kids, beat our a$$ later. Unfortunately too many think it's their right to behave and act this way.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belligerence. Seriously Lincoln