IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
sdcheek
  #31 9/22/08 7:04 AM
Originally Posted by Bullringsarebest:
I did not realize we had reserved seating either until we got asked about it:doh:Since then we have been saving seats for those who are paying in advanced.The only drivers who I have talked with,that say they are coming are Tracey Hines,Brady Short,Randy Bateman,Chris Windom,Terry Babb,Joey Moughan,Ron Standridge,Chad Branson,I could rattle off a bunch more that is being told to me from other sources,(magazines,photograghers,ect.)but I don't count on rumers,unless I'm told personally.I have gotten emails from some saying we will be racing at you're track,but they are not saying who they areLOL.Wanting to know track size,ect.So please take it for what it's worth:checkered:
Thanks Bill for responding to the drivers that have called....I will call tomorrow to check on the reserved seating. Keep us informed on any new calls you get....See you Friday
Poorboyjocko (Offline)
  #32 9/22/08 9:41 AM
Originally Posted by Sprint63122:
Glad to see the Shaheen's race still on for this year after all of the weather related problems you have dealt with this year.Will be over to support the show and just one thing I may ask soak the track would like to have it wet and tacky all night long.If this is done and a good turnout of cars and drivers are there any chance of going all out next year and call it Shaheen's super weekend and run on friday and saturday night like they used to at Little Springfield Speedway non wings of course.
The Super Weekend was a neat race to run. I did have the privilege as a car owner to win the last Super Weekend ran in 1986 with Steve Butler as the driver.
It payed $2500 to win, both nights and that was a good pay day back then. I payed $50 for a RR (McCreary) and under $1.00 a galon for fule and pulled the car on a open trailor. I donated the Saturday night trophy to the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame several yrs. ago when Steve was inducted to the hall of fame. Jeff Stoops still has the Friday night trophy. They were both idenical in looks. I still have the winner circle picture with Joe Sheheen in it.

Phil Poor Anderson, In,:thumb
SamSr32 (Offline)
  #33 9/22/08 10:50 AM
Glad to see your setup on payoff. 6000 to win and 500 to start is what has been needed at the big races. MSCS pays 10000 to win their big shows, but the average racer has got the shaft, for they run for the minimum start money for more laps. At least I give you credit for figuring this out and I wish much success.
Racers should support this race.
davex (Offline)
  #34 9/22/08 10:53 AM
$500 to start and $6000 to win, WOW! how non-wing racing should always payoff......should be a great race!
davex (Offline)
  #35 9/22/08 10:54 AM
I will be there, hope to watch some great racing, is coolers allowed?
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #36 9/22/08 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by SamSr32:
Glad to see your setup on payoff. 6000 to win and 500 to start is what has been needed at the big races. MSCS pays 10000 to win their big shows, but the average racer has got the shaft, for they run for the minimum start money for more laps. At least I give you credit for figuring this out and I wish much success.
Racers should support this race.
Am I mistaken, or did you used to be associated with the MSCS?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Bullringsarebest
  #37 9/22/08 2:26 PM
We don't search for coolers in the pits but there is no alcohol allowed in the pits. No coolers are allowed in the grandstands. We have a nice bar with a live feed of the races going on. The bar, concession, popcorn stand and bathrooms are all in the covered main grandstand. There is a small concession stand in the pits.
dirtshirt (Offline)
  #38 9/22/08 2:36 PM
My first visit to this track was last friday.Friendly people ,tacky track and good food.Will be back again this friday.Hope see the place full.
RACEADDICT
  #39 9/22/08 3:05 PM
:thumb I was talking to a lot of the Sprint drivers like Hud Cone and Memmer at Eldora, sounds like most of them are coming over. Should be a great turn out. I can't wait.....
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #40 9/22/08 3:26 PM
Originally Posted by dirtshirt:
My first visit to this track was last friday.Friendly people ,tacky track and good food.Will be back again this friday.Hope see the place full.
I just hope it doesn't rain. Even if this track doesn't have a single rain out for the next five years, Mother Nature will still owe them a favor after what they've gone through this season.:headbang

As for the track, I've only been up there a few times this season, so I don't know if they're really doing anything differently in terms of track prep, but it seems like the track has stayed tackier this season.

And you're right about the food. The pork tenderloin is absolutely awesome.:applaud:

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!