IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #1 2/12/11 2:35 PM
I am going to build a few Kurtis Kraft midget models. Trouble is the kit only has the main frame rails. I need a couple photos showing all the rails. All help is greatly appreciated.
Bruce Harrison (Offline)
  #2 2/12/11 10:40 PM
here's the only 1 I could find so far-when the Edelbrock car was restored (Notice the Casale 2-speed rear end)

Lots of reference pics here:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=337192
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #3 2/12/11 11:59 PM
Saw a model kit on line either on e-bay or www.roadster.com under model kits if thats any help.
wbjrace (Offline)
  #4 5/18/11 1:39 PM
Gordon White from Virginia who has written books on Kurtis and Offenhauser may be able to supply an drawing of a Kurtis Chassis with measurements. I have seen these drawings. Another possibility is Jim Etter in Pittsburgh PA.
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #5 5/18/11 5:56 PM
I gave him pictures a while ago. The frame I took pictures of is now fully restored as the Bignotti/Sweikert 7x.
Posted using Mobile Device
Hurryin Hoosier (Offline)
  #6 7/10/11 5:01 PM
Not sure if you are interested, but thought I would mention it. I have several parts from a 60's vintage Kurtis Kraft copy midget. All would be for sale.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #7 7/10/11 6:15 PM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
I am going to build a few Kurtis Kraft midget models. Trouble is the kit only has the main frame rails. I need a couple photos showing all the rails. All help is greatly appreciated.
Chris, I thought I read somewhere, oh, a couple years ago, that some relative of Frank's, was thinking about building a few, any truth to that, or are you going to supply the rest of the pcs? Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!