IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jdull99 (Offline)
  #31 9/26/22 1:22 AM
Did Windom and Hans Lien talk after Buddy's midget wreck? (I know the seat woulda had to have been changed)

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
2 Likes: erich45, Hubie48
Tim (Offline)
  #32 9/26/22 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Joe Schaub:
Question: Is the transponder given to the teams and the teams keep it over the entire event and if turned in that is the team saying they are done for the event?
Folks,

During the drivers' meeting Kirk told us the transponders could be kept for the weekend or turned in after the races Friday night and given back for Saturday - it was our choice.

Now, concerning the question at hand, as in life - timing is everything. If the transponder was turned in prior to the announcement that all cars start the feature and no consi race would be run, that would be a clear indication to me that the car was scratched whether the statement was made or not. The transponder would be needed for the consi race if they intended to run it. If this is the case I'm of the impression that the 66 car's argument does not hold water.

If, however, the transponder was turned in after the announcement then there is some ambiguity there and an argument could be made by the 66 car. But, it 's not like USAC advertised for 26 starters (fastest 20 in time trials and best 6 finishers in the consi )in the posted event information/entry prior to the race, then changed to 24 starters (fastest 16 in time trials and best 8 finishers in the consi) plus two provisionals to make a total of 26 starters during the driver's meeting after the teams had spent the resources to get to the track.

Tim Simmons
13 Likes: B99, chrismattlin, erich45, fish, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, nathans1012, Offroadrace_814, OnTheHammer, oppweld, PIT CART, SoIllSprinter, TNRustler
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #33 9/26/22 9:49 PM
Just another opportunity for some to pile on USAC. In my opinion I guess they should’ve lined up the race and if the car didn’t make the call then say everyone makes the race. Would the car in question have made the call if the race went off as scheduled? But I have to also say, I don’t have a problem with them taking the car home and fixing it to start scratch on the field