IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo (IN) - 9/19 & 9/20 - SLM $20K & $40K. UMP Mods $1,500
9/20/22, 5:31 PM   #41
flagboy55

I think it’s funny that someone criticizes your favorite track then you have to go after another. I would bet money that the series itself would say that they went too long. In their itinerary it said projected finish time was 10:30. They missed that and did go too long the same way TSS did Saturday. I hope they pick it up tonight. One thing that was painful was during qualifying not giving the green first time by. That negated any advantage of 2 cars at a time on the track. Bad decision

1 member likes this post: reeserx
9/20/22, 6:00 PM   #42
Re: Kokomo (IN) - 9/19 & 9/20 - SLM $20K & $40K. UMP Mods $1
sp6967

who is in the stands? who cares, its all about streaming numbers. if they get enough people to buy the streaming of the race, they don't need people in the stands.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy
9/20/22, 7:25 PM   #43
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I dont understand the lack of crowd either. Went to a hell tour and a WoO LM race last year at Circle City and they were better crowds than USAC. Dont understand why they werent on the schedule this year
I honestly think it’s because it’s a Monday and Tuesday race, I didn’t go for that exact reason. I have to get up at 3:30am for work. If this was a Friday Saturday show, I’d go just to check it out. Parents aren’t going to keep their kids out that late for a race, some working folk like myself don’t enjoy working with little sleep lol. It sucks for the track, and for the sanctioning body.

9/20/22, 7:37 PM   #44
Hoosiersprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
I honestly think it’s because it’s a Monday and Tuesday race, I didn’t go for that exact reason. I have to get up at 3:30am for work. If this was a Friday Saturday show, I’d go just to check it out. Parents aren’t going to keep their kids out that late for a race, some working folk like myself don’t enjoy working with little sleep lol. It sucks for the track, and for the sanctioning body.
Bingo. Also, thats a helluva roster as noted, I don’t care if it is fenders.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, reeserx
9/21/22, 5:20 PM   #45
flagboy55

Improved considerably night two. They must have read our post about green first time by. Great field of late model and the racing was good also. What we’ve come to expect from Kokomo

9/21/22, 6:21 PM   #46
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Totally agree. Night two was much more organized. Started earlier, not as much down time, very few delays during the racing program. Track was typical Kokomo, smooth as glass. Even some of the drivers commented how much they appreciated racing on such a nice surface. Another thing I noticed was the racing was much smoother and cleaner than the Lucas show of a few years ago. I actually listened to the broadcast on Track Tune. For late model fans, there was most everyone there you could possibly want to see. Still did not look like much of a crowd when they panned the backstretch. Hopefully they will bring this show back next year.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo (IN) - 9/19 & 9/20 - SLM $20K & $40K. UMP Mods $1,500