IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City I-69 Speedway - Press Release POSTED....
1/29/23, 1:01 PM   #31
captrat

Apparently some contributors believe the there is a direct relationship between the validity of their post and how loud and offensive they are.

1/29/23, 9:39 PM   #32
Tk04

Gas city is going to run some races this year. I've put a lot of time into working there..just about every friday night since 2003 and have been attending since they re opened. I've worked for different promoters through the years there. Some great years and some not so much. Say what you want but Larry Boos picked that track up last year otherwise it would have been dark. The weekly show is dying out. Running a race track isn't as easy as some may think, but there is effort to keep it open another year. Jerry brought gas city back and put it back on the map which it deserved to be. I hear so much on how bad the grand stands are etc, but the fact is most of the races are exciting..and the last weekend last season was great. Dirtracktherapy16 or whatever your screen name is you don't have to pat Larry on the back or you can think whatever you may want, but at the end of the day the tracks going to open another year, and for that I'm thankful.

Tk

1/29/23, 10:18 PM   #33
Tk04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
Okay so on the misspelling, my bad, my fault, I'm sorry. I used auto spelling and that's what came up. I changed it, thank you for correcting me. Now with that said...#1 it's not a rant. I'm speaking the truth and how I feel, that's not a rant to me. A rant is complaining for no reason. There isnt a person on here in my opinion that likes GC not running as much as normal. I simply stated long ago, 2 pages ago I will not pat a person on the back or say thank you or give them an atta boy, for failing. Thats NOT a rant. Next thing and even more important then the rant issue, I've said it 200 times on here...I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT ANYONE ON HERE THINKS OF WHAT I SAY, ESPECIALLY MY THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS!!!! I DONT NEED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE'S APPROVAL OR PERMISSION OF MY THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS!!!! If an administrator doesnt like it, remove it, ban me, WHO GIVES A ****!!!! ITS SOCIAL MEDIA FOR OPEN WHEEL RACING!!!!
Weekly racing is becoming a past tense thing..I spent damn near every friday at gas city, even going after half time at football games when i was in highschool..yea there are things I would change, and my "opinion" was valid as i worked there last year, but car counts and fan count has dwindled and there were some nights when Jerry had it that things were underwhelming to..so I'd like to know where your facts are since you say you were there every race last year and I also put my name on my posts unlike you.

Tk

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/29/23, 10:29 PM   #34
Re: Gas City I-69 Speedway - Press Release POSTED....
Stevensville Mike

I know the highlight of my days going to Gas City was quite a few years back. I was walking up to the ticket booth from the parking lot and some guy stopped me and started talking to me. He mistook me for some guy he knew from Pennsylvania.

After a bit of back and forth he realized his mistake. We kept talking though, laughed and exchanged names.

BRENT T. FUNK !

1/30/23, 4:07 PM   #35
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I know the highlight of my days going to Gas City was quite a few years back. I was walking up to the ticket booth from the parking lot and some guy stopped me and started talking to me. He mistook me for some guy he knew from Pennsylvania.

After a bit of back and forth he realized his mistake. We kept talking though, laughed and exchanged names.

BRENT T. FUNK !
I remember that too. I did not go to every race at Gas City last year. I don't go to many races with more than 3 classes. The nights that I went, the track was good. The place was clean and the staff was friendly. Heck they even went above and beyond honoring rainchecks after Midget Week rained out after the heats. Most would have considered it a complete program.

1/30/23, 4:19 PM   #36
Pancho Stapp

I used my rainout IMW ticket for the James Dean Classic and was quite happy they did.

2/19/23, 3:58 PM   #37
Speedmax3

Still crickets coming from Gas City on a schedule.

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, nathans1012, PIT CART
2/20/23, 1:05 PM   #38
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmax3 View Post
Still crickets coming from Gas City on a schedule.
Speedmax3 you seem surprised lmfao!! Of course its crickets and will continue to be as noone including teams and drivers, let alone fans are being responded to. That's all I'm allowed to say on here lmfao.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City I-69 Speedway - Press Release POSTED....