IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > XTreme Outlaw Races Cancelled
10/5/22, 10:34 PM   #11
Twister17

Let’s be realistic here. Yes, Boss has a decent presence in Ohio, but traveling support for decent paying non wing races is non existent. Weekend temps are frigid, if it paid 1500 to win it would be well supported and the track would put it on. It’s cancelled because the track would take a bath. 10K to win at the burg, 22 cars. $2500 to win at paragon, 37 cars. Reality sucks in the non wing world.

4 members like this post: motorhead748, PIT CART, staggerman, TQ29m
10/5/22, 10:43 PM   #12
Twister17

We can always dig deeper and 5th at the burg only paid $1000. Of those 37 competitors at paragon none of them would likely finish that high. Non wing racing can only be concluded as a hobby class of racing. Name me a region where any full time Usac driver faces competition like the woo in regards to the PA Posse.

2 members like this post: motorhead748, tirespinner
10/6/22, 12:21 AM   #13
Re: XTreme Outlaw Races Cancelled
chrismattlin

I'm not sure what cars that Xtreme thought they were gonna draw? Look at the points for the series- a lot of those cars weren't going to Atomic, cold weather or not.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
10/6/22, 6:49 AM   #14
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister17 View Post
We can always dig deeper and 5th at the burg only paid $1000. Of those 37 competitors at paragon none of them would likely finish that high. Non wing racing can only be concluded as a hobby class of racing. Name me a region where any full time Usac driver faces competition like the woo in regards to the PA Posse.
You aren't off base here. IMO races that pay $5K plus will bring big names, but don't bring car count. Most of those guys know they won't be vying for the top spot and have bills to pay. Hell they just want to break even.

The Knoxville nationals pulls all those cars because they pay hundreds / thousands of dollars through the C/D/E mains.

I would guarantee you that if the fall nationals went from $10K to win / $500 to start over to $5K to win and $1000 to start, more cars would show. I mean, would you rather run 6th locally and bring home $500 or last and lapped at a USAC show?

Quote:
I'm not sure what cars that Xtreme thought they were gonna draw? Look at the points for the series- a lot of those cars weren't going to Atomic, cold weather or not.
Well, outside of TMEZ and Grant, the full usac sprint car crowd would be sitting idle this week

10/6/22, 7:32 AM   #15
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Use to watch that show religiously, even the reruns. "I know nothing "!
Different show. . . . .

2 members like this post: tirespinner, TQ29m
10/6/22, 7:53 AM   #16
TQ29m

I know, I watched Hogan's Hero's also!

2 members like this post: cmakin, flagboy55
10/6/22, 8:04 AM   #17
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoo View Post
Well, outside of TMEZ and Grant, the full usac sprint car crowd would be sitting idle this week
Will they? There’s two USAC midget races and an MSCS show…

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, jdull99
10/6/22, 12:21 PM   #18
flagboy55

What’s the difference in $500 for 6th locally or $500 for last at a USAC show? Neither is a winner

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, oppweld
10/6/22, 2:24 PM   #19
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Think there's more to it than temps myself., I could be entirely wrong.
I’d agree. I’d say they looked at potential car count, chilly weather and we’re not ready to take another bath. I heard from people that were there for a few shows lately and they said they were lucky if 300 were in the stands. I counted less than 300 one nite this year I was there

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/6/22, 2:46 PM   #20
cshuman

Chrismattlin.. Who wasn’t going? Car count would have been fine.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, PIT CART, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > XTreme Outlaw Races Cancelled