IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is this the end of THAT?
9/23/22, 1:54 AM   #61
Re: Is this the end of THAT?
jdull99

5g for each race: Track prep included in that? Or at least some involvement with the heavy equip to do so?

OR does that include the Fair Boards end of any Insurance, opening the gates, having facility that functions, and if they do cleanup?

Who got the concessions?

Lota times, it seems these deals you gota have the facility provided staff...running the concessions, the gates, parking, security, somebody cleaning the bathroom (lota times with their radio on, disgusting candy dish, pot for money, etc...lol). If any of that was true in this case, I hope those wages are part of the 5g...(I haven't been to THAT since the mid-2000s; when they used to run the Hut 100 at night in September - they did. So I do not know if they had any of any of this).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: John P Huss
9/23/22, 6:57 AM   #62
DaleDuBois

The Terre Haute Action Track is just history as it will more than likely never have another race. The best promotor ever could never make any money with this track as it is now. If someone with money thinks they could make it go, they are just dreaming. The same with Twin Cities and in time Paragon. Bloomington would now be history if it was not for Spiker. Lincoln Park will survive mostly because of its location and Spiker. USAC and MSCS have prolonged some tracks here in Indiana. The tracks that run the big late model specials like Brownstown will survive for the time being. The tracks now running weekly shows with just local racers are almost gone or soon will be. The times have changed, too many other things to do for entertainment that costs less. I've been around racing for more than 60 years, I've seen racetracks come and go.

9/23/22, 12:15 PM   #63
Re: Is this the end of THAT?
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
5g for each race: Track prep included in that? Or at least some involvement with the heavy equip to do so?

OR does that include the Fair Boards end of any Insurance, opening the gates, having facility that functions, and if they do cleanup?

Who got the concessions?

Lota times, it seems these deals you gota have the facility provided staff...running the concessions, the gates, parking, security, somebody cleaning the bathroom (lota times with their radio on, disgusting candy dish, pot for money, etc...lol). If any of that was true in this case, I hope those wages are part of the 5g...(I haven't been to THAT since the mid-2000s; when they used to run the Hut 100 at night in September - they did. So I do not know if they had any of any of this).
A local paved track owner down here was charging a promoter $10G per night, plus a cut of the concessions. The price was apparently non-negotiable. That promoter just couldn't afford to keep racing. The owner also has a 1/8 mile drag strip on the property and that is where he makes his money. A new promoter has now taken over. Not sure what his deal is.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is this the end of THAT?