IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS - July 6th & 7th - Bill Gardner Sprintacular
7/7/18, 1:26 PM   #51
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
Thomas's car was broke from the run in when he lapped Chapple. The left front tire was bouncing like crazy and obviously something let go like a torsion arm, or ??? That's what caused the car to crash, not KTJ. He made no mistake
We were sitting in exit of turn two.There were several of them banging off the cushion right at the exit.Racers are human and maybe it was just a goof.He was in heavy lapped traffic and just maybe threw his line off a little.He came back out for the restart and yes,there was definitely something not right for the remainder of the race.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/7/18, 1:32 PM   #52
trackprep

Race Count This Year: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
A race track should not be able to be in business if they only have access to one ambulance. Sorry.
Ok mr.promotor. Can you tell me how much an ambulance and its crew cost. By your post everything should be redundantly backed up from ice in the concession to the lock on the gate to leave at night. When our ambulance goes to the track the firemen who are also EMTs let us know their initial thoughts whether it will be a transport or not. That way we can call another ambulance to cover for the departing one. The stands are a little trickier and I won't give my view of that but promoters know where I'm coming from. I am very confident LPS has and had another ambulance. Your comment is baseless. And don't try throwing out the
"But it's about safety" because the ambulance was there.

1 member likes this post: agar
7/7/18, 2:21 PM   #53
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackprep View Post
Ok mr.promotor. Can you tell me how much an ambulance and its crew cost. By your post everything should be redundantly backed up from ice in the concession to the lock on the gate to leave at night. When our ambulance goes to the track the firemen who are also EMTs let us know their initial thoughts whether it will be a transport or not. That way we can call another ambulance to cover for the departing one. The stands are a little trickier and I won't give my view of that but promoters know where I'm coming from. I am very confident LPS has and had another ambulance. Your comment is baseless. And don't try throwing out the
"But it's about safety" because the ambulance was there.
Mr trackprep, You totally missed the point. I think ALL tracks should not operate unless they have 2 ambulances on site. Period. Yes I will gladly pay a few extra bucks to cover that service. It is needed. If LPS did indeed have 2 on site last night well then kudos to them. To many things can happen in this day in age not to have medical onsite coverage constantly.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 7/7/18 at 2:27 PM.

7/7/18, 2:35 PM   #54
kdobson

Right now there are 2 licensed ambulances in Jacksonville Illinois. There is zero chance both will be sitting at the race track at the same time. Trackpreps point is that you deal with circumstances as they exist...not as you wish them to be. Trackprep puts the wheels in motion at our place to deal with the situation. Our rule is bring in the 2nd if the one on site is going to transport. If it isnt we wait. Those decisions can take awhile to be made by the EMTs. If ambulance 1 transports and ambulance 2 is out on a call...we wait for the 20 mins for ambulance 1 to return. Only other option is to close the doors.

3 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner, trannyman
7/7/18, 2:48 PM   #55
kdobson

Another issue is that events like races are often staffed by ambulance crews that sign up for the extra shift. At one track we operated in a decent sized city the ambulance couldn't get a crew together every week to even be there. Not even one crew.. Let alone 2.

Fortunately the fire dept had high end EMTs and a ton of equipment to deal with it appropriately at the track and would call an on duty ambulance 5 mins away when responding to a wreck if it looked like a possible transport.

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
7/7/18, 2:54 PM   #56
Rpracing1

Understand what you are saying, I just hope and pray that one of my friends or family or anyone for that matter does not need immediate crucial medical attention due to a health matter or even worse , when the ambulance just left the property to transport. Seconds matter. I guess you take your chances with the cards you are dealt.

7/7/18, 3:00 PM   #57
kdobson

In our county probably 10,000 people of all ages and ailments live at least a 15 min response time away from the ambulance. I understand your concern but I feel like our fans are safer at our race track than in their own home. We can be to them within a minute. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Its an important issue to discuss from all angles.

2 members like this post: oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/7/18, 3:07 PM   #58
tdt636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Understand what you are saying, I just hope and pray that one of my friends or family or anyone for that matter does not need immediate crucial medical attention due to a health matter or even worse , when the ambulance just left the property to transport. Seconds matter. I guess you take your chances with the cards you are dealt.
You have obviously never paid attention at LPS. The ambulance never leaves the property to transport. They wait at the gate by 40 for another ambulance to transfer

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/7/18, 3:14 PM   #59
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdt636 View Post
You have obviously never paid attention at LPS. The ambulance never leaves the property to transport. They wait at the gate by 40 for another ambulance to transfer
As I said, Kudos to LPS then!

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
7/7/18, 3:29 PM   #60
Avon Open Wheel fan

There is tracks that have what I call the pretend ambulance it never leaves the property not even licensed to leave. This topic comes up frequently on here and facebook. Bottom line there is no law on tracks operating with a working ambulance. It's up to the fans and drivers to make the decision on coming to any track.

www.illinimidgets.com

2 members like this post: noelracing65, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS - July 6th & 7th - Bill Gardner Sprintacular