IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at Montpelier 4/23/22
4/21/22, 10:51 AM   #1
BOSS at Montpelier 4/23/22
Pancho Stapp

Anyone know who may be there Saturday? Looking forward to getting my 86 year old pops back to the track and my son for some more memories. It’s supposed to be 80 so he is chomping at the bit lol. I’m sure most of the GC/Kokomo throttle stompers will be there. Thanks in advance.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, oppweld, tirespinner
4/21/22, 11:10 AM   #2
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp View Post
Anyone know who may be there Saturday? Looking forward to getting my 86 year old pops back to the track and my son for some more memories. It’s supposed to be 80 so he is chomping at the bit lol. I’m sure most of the GC/Kokomo throttle stompers will be there. Thanks in advance.
You beat me to it. Trying to decide LPS or Montpelier. Look forward to any info on who will be where.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
4/21/22, 3:44 PM   #3
Re: BOSS at Montpelier 4/23/22
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Boss when they used to hold it on World One Hundred night used to draw a huge count at Monty. IDK how this will draw . Probably well but some are out like Tmez to midgets this weekend. Should be a good show though.

I suppose there are still a few of the old waynesfield group that will be there but been a few years since they ran regularly.

Not sure indiana sprint car racing can support four tracks on the same night.
Chuck

2 members like this post: captrat, motorhead748
4/21/22, 4:32 PM   #4
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Boss when they used to hold it on World One Hundred night used to draw a huge count at Monty. IDK how this will draw . Probably well but some are out like Tmez to midgets this weekend. Should be a good show though.

I suppose there are still a few of the old waynesfield group that will be there but been a few years since they ran regularly.

Not sure indiana sprint car racing can support four tracks on the same night.
Chuck
Putnamville had 30 plus the last 2 shows Paragon and the burg were in the teens. I'm not seeing a great car count unless they get some help from a bunch of Gas City regulars and a few Ohio guys. Then again I may be wrong you never know

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
4/21/22, 5:42 PM   #5
kb78

I am planning on being there to support, first time I have been since they reopened. I suppose you have a chance of a Ballou or Leary showing up somewhere, maybe Hazen's car? I would like to see 20 cars but I'm sure I'll be happy just to be at the track.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, PIT CART, racefan20, tirespinner
4/21/22, 7:36 PM   #6
duel

They are also running the D2 midgets.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ken Bonnema, nw410gurl, tirespinner
4/21/22, 8:27 PM   #7
Pancho Stapp

Thank you to all who have responded it is much appreciated. I think we will be pleasantly surprised. It will be our first event of the year since the “Burg” and #GYATK canceled. If not it is still quality time with my father and son.

4/22/22, 12:21 PM   #8
Moreland76

Lookin like my brother and I are headed there ourselves for our first race of the year.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ken Bonnema, tirespinner
4/22/22, 11:38 PM   #9
hoosierboy3

Isaac Chapple will be there per his Twitter. I’m hoping the 4p among others. My first trip to Montpelier, less than an hour away from me so I’m kind of ashamed it’s taken this long.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
4/23/22, 5:11 PM   #10
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

I'm hearing 32 nw.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at Montpelier 4/23/22