Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #1 10/19/22 7:20 PM
Hoosier Hundred

Off of USAC's Facebook page.

USAC Racing
7h
·
The historic Hoosier Hundred is coming to Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park in 2023 with a $25,000 winner’s check in tow. ��
Join us on Sunday, April 23 for this USAC Silver Crown special event, featuring 100 MILES of action in a unique format at IRP!
Stay tuned on more details for the 66th edition of this venerable race.
NOS Energy Drink | #GSPnorthamerica | Cook Out | FloRacing

-

If I'm reading this correctly. IRP is about 5/8s or so around. So, 160 laps would equal 100miles.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
8 Likes: Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, EBookerFan, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, oldfan49, tirespinner, treecitytornado
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 10/19/22 7:30 PM
Would require a pit stop or break

I vote for pit stop during a yellow and NO BREAK. Teams could use quads or flag push vehicles as long as cars do not enter track area.

Charles Nungester
jdull99 (Offline)
  #3 10/19/22 7:31 PM
another pavement track putting dirt down for a special event??? (I know what you posted said nthn about that, but it would be cool...)

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
6 Likes: EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ken Bonnema, nathans1012, stp6237, ThrowbackRacingTeam
2140rc (Offline)
  #4 10/19/22 8:01 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Would require a pit stop or break

I vote for pit stop during a yellow and NO BREAK. Teams could use quads or flag push vehicles as long as cars do not enter track area.
Silver Crown cars have clutches so push vehicles aren't needed. If they have any kind of competition break (a la NASCAR) it defeats the purpose of a hundred mile race which is what the entire series was originally all about. Especially when you are trying to revive a once famous race.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, EBookerFan, Hubie48, Offroadrace_814
Joe Schaub (Offline)
  #5 10/19/22 8:03 PM
The only time the pavement side of the series puts on a good show is when they race at Winchester or Salem.

If we are going to convert a paved track to a dirt track, can we PLEASE go to Milwaukee and take that mile track back to dirt?

Just here to read threads, enjoy racing and no drama.
10 Likes: Blackduce, EBookerFan, erich45, Ken Bonnema, nathans1012, oppweld, Speedwrench, Stevensville Mike, TNRustler, TQ29m
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #6 10/19/22 10:07 PM
I wish the Horseshoe Indianapolis would be willing to use their 1 mile dirt track for a silver crown race. It is the home of the Indiana Derby. Might as well be the home of the Hoosier Hundred.

I wonder if this effort to bring the Hoosier Hundred to IRP has anything to do with the future of THAT.
3 Likes: Hubie48, Ken Bonnema, TNRustler
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #7 10/19/22 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan:
I wish the Horseshoe Indianapolis would be willing to use their 1 mile dirt track for a silver crown race. It is the home of the Indiana Derby. Might as well be the home of the Hoosier Hundred.

I wonder if this effort to bring the Hoosier Hundred to IRP has anything to do with the future of THAT.
I don’t think so. They are content with the Sumar 100 at THAT.
cmakin (Offline)
  #8 10/20/22 9:27 AM
Originally Posted by 2140rc:
Silver Crown cars have clutches so push vehicles aren't needed. If they have any kind of competition break (a la NASCAR) it defeats the purpose of a hundred mile race which is what the entire series was originally all about. Especially when you are trying to revive a once famous race.
I remember some years ago, the Hoosier 100 was split into twin 50s. Yeah, I did feel that it defeated the purpose, but man, it was a pretty good race. . . . .As far as the 100 at IRP? Well, it goes without saying that it isn't the same. Not to say champ cars aren't a good show at IRP, it just isn't the same race.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
2 Likes: Hubie48, PAW
JMA1181 (Offline)
  #9 10/20/22 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
I don’t think so. They are content with the Sumar 100 at THAT.
Who is “they”?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #10 10/20/22 11:33 AM
Sure doesn't seem like anything's set in stone for THAT 2023

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Hubie48, Leohr46, PIT CART