IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
fish (Offline)
  #1 1/20/23 9:37 PM
Chuck Wilson passed away on Thursday.

From Chad Wilson: "Last night at 7:47 my father passed away surrounded by family. He is finally at peace after a long fight against Lewy Body Dementia. Information about his services will be released soon."

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, nicrogers, spicoli, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, TNRustler
chop (Offline)
  #2 1/21/23 7:41 AM
I am sorry for the lost to his family. Chuck Wilson was a long time racer in the Michigan, Ohio, Indiana area tracks. He raced many years with SOD in the beginning of that series. Also put a lot race nights in at Butler motor speedway. Wonder how many miles he put on that old Ford van towing his #3 sprinter back then?
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, rapid robert, spicoli, tirespinner
EldoraMark (Offline)
  #3 1/21/23 8:40 AM
Never had the chance to meet Chuck but did watch him race. I did however get to meet his two sons. They are friends with my son. Chuck must of been a good father because he has two outstanding boys. Prayers for the entire family. R.I.P.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #4 1/21/23 10:54 AM
Thanx for the update, fish, albeit news that no one wants to hear. Watched Chuck many a time over the years at Butler.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, tirespinner
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #5 1/21/23 1:16 PM
My condolences to the entire Wilson family. It certainly must have been a difficult past few years as this disease takes hold of Chuck. Like many, I was fortunate to watch Chuck run midgets and sprints and most recently get to know Chris and Chad as they campaigned their number 14 sprint car. RIP.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, tirespinner
tristatephoto (Online)
  #6 1/21/23 11:07 PM
Sorry to hear of Chuck Wilsons passing,that is two former Midget Drivers Deaths In two weeks .Last week was Eddie Horne and this week Chuck Wilson Both from Northwest Ohio. Chuck was a Driver for Eddie Horn's Father ,Harry Horne before Eddie drove the family car. May they both RIP.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #7 1/22/23 10:16 AM
Early 90s I made a lot of races up north, Attica, Eldora just about every big show, Millstream, Fremont Chuck ran a bunch of those and If im not mistaken won one of the Attica races I went too, Lost track late nineties and early 2000s but then caught him again running some Boss. Also met Chad once or twice. Once when running a Pumpkin Boss Race at Millstream as they brought some of the cars up to the stands early before race.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Charles Nungester
chadkart14 (Offline)
  #8 1/22/23 10:18 PM
Thanks for the kind words and prayers for our family, We appreciate them. He was a great man on and off the race tracks. Here is my dad's obituary. https://www.egglestonmeinert.com/obi...#/obituaryInfo
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, dwhitney1169, fish, Ilovedirttrackracing, Joe Schaub, luckybuc97, mc/rider, OnTheHammer, spicoli, tirespinner
Joe Schaub (Offline)
  #9 1/23/23 2:50 PM
Originally Posted by fish:
Chuck Wilson passed away on Thursday.

From Chad Wilson: "Last night at 7:47 my father passed away surrounded by family. He is finally at peace after a long fight against Lewy Body Dementia. Information about his services will be released soon."
My prayers to Chad and his entire family. I lost my mom to this horrible disease in 2019. Pray your family members never have to go through this.

Just here to read threads, enjoy racing and no drama.