IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #21 3/19/21 10:11 AM
It was also the H main. No matter what was said or done, there’s a time and a place for those types of shenanigans and a charity race is not one of them.
12 Likes: 95KART, Beinthecircle, Chief Wahoo, Dirt Track Cowboy, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, ISF, jjones752, Jonr, progressive22, Rpracing1, spicoli
95KART (Offline)
  #22 3/19/21 10:50 AM
As others have said, the context is the issue here. I am all for drivers confronting other drivers after the race if they feel they were wronged. I believe this creates cleaner racing on the racetrack because drivers know they will be held accountable for dirty driving. The problem is this was a CHARITY GO KART RACE. Absolutely no reason to be fighting at an event meant to raise money for a charity, it makes everyone look bad.
6 Likes: Beinthecircle, billw, Chief Wahoo, Dirt Track Cowboy, dirtnonwingfan, erich45
sp6967 (Offline)
  #23 3/19/21 12:19 PM
looks like this was good for the charity event, a lot of people talking about it. i might just go next year.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
3 Likes: Dirt Track Cowboy, PIT CART, svfd830
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #24 3/19/21 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Curious if there will be a statement from any sanction body on this?
Not from the sanction body you are inferring that we should hear from. It didn’t upset Phony Stewart and it’s not Ballou who did it.
6 Likes: Beinthecircle, billw, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, PIT CART
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #25 3/19/21 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by JL:
Why does everyone immediately default to KTJ being an idiot?
Any clue what ran up to this to cause the fight? Is the other dude completely innocent of anything ignorant?
I've had to jerks fire me up to the point where I would go at them in a church and never think about repercussions until later.
Its not that big of a deal.
We all hear a ton of complaints of drivers being emotionless and neutered in interviews or in public because of sponsors etc.
Someone shows a a bit of temper anywhere or mouths some ***** when a microphone is shoved in their face when they are HOT and everyone wants to troll them as bad role model or an idiot.
I think I will go buy my first KTJ T-Shirt just for being a normal dude instead of the robot everyone thinks he (any driver) needs to be.
Unfortunately people default to him being an idiot based on his many prior temper tantrums. He has an issue with anger and has recognized it with a post on this board (an event at TSS I believe). Being a charity event and the fact that not every driver there is a pro should be another reason to show restraint. It really doesn’t matter what made him mad, it was a poor decision.
As to your comment about drivers being robots with no emotion, maybe most of them just have common sense and understand where,when, and how to show emotion. It’s ok you should go buy a shirt because people called him an idiot. It doesn’t change people’s feeling about the situation or him in general. Maybe have it autographed to an idiot from an idiot. 🤷*♂️ I’d like to think you are not one, but unfortunately the content of your post leads me that way. Normal dude is a relative term sometimes used to broadly.
6 Likes: Beinthecircle, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, jonboat15, Rpracing1, snowdrift
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #26 3/19/21 1:08 PM
"He has an issue with anger and has recognized it with a post on this board (an event at TSS I believe)"

I seem to remember an incident I heard of with the lady sheriff at Kokomo a few years ago too.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
PIT CART (Offline)
  #27 3/19/21 2:01 PM
I would not mess with the sheriff at Kokomo!! 🏁🏁🍺🍺
3 Likes: Dblchkrs, i love dirt track racing, Will Shunk
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #28 3/19/21 2:13 PM
Originally Posted by JL:
Why does everyone immediately default to KTJ being an idiot?
Someone shows a a bit of temper anywhere or mouths some ***** when a microphone is shoved in their face when they are HOT and everyone wants to troll them as bad role model or an idiot.
I bet his Sponsors on the USAC National Sprint car tour, McDonalds and Dr. Pepper, approve of his continuing antics.