IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
95KART (Offline)
  #11 3/14/21 1:11 PM
Originally Posted by snowdrift:
How about the greenfield area check it out
Greenfield looks like a nice area with some houses available, thank you for the recommendation. Only thing is I will be working in northwest Indy so the commute might be a little long, I'm not sure what Indy traffic is like.

Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
I'm surprised the one race fan in Osgood hasnt told you what an exciting place it is to live there yet.......Cept its in the middle of nowhere!
Hey I have no problem living in the middle of nowhere! Except the commute to Indy from Osgood is longer than I would like.
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #12 3/14/21 1:40 PM
There is a nice little community in southeastern Indiana called Osgood. It's all good in o so good. LOL. Have fun and enjoy the great Hoosier hospitality and all the great racing tracks. We are simply spoiled for the great dirt track racing events in Indiana. Aq made the move to Indiana many of years ago and slept in his van for a while till he found a spot to land. LOL.
  #13 3/14/21 1:47 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Should that be the "Mayor" of Osgood?
No i will leave that stuff up to the mailman. He is the president of the racing family . If he can put up with that group he can do anything. LOL.
2 Likes: 95KART, Dirtfan
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #14 3/14/21 2:43 PM
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing:
Aq made the move to Indiana many of years ago and slept in his van for a while till he found a spot to land. LOL.
Yes I did,from May 2006 till after the Knoxville Nationals in August. I was to busy going racing back then to look for an apartment,and when I got one my furniture was a table and chair from the Hospital I was working at,and an air mattress,until I went back to Maine and got my stuff later that year. I found an apartment by cruising the streets of Speedway,and found some for rent,and called about them and finally came to an agreement on one of them,and lived there for 4 years till I decided it was time to buy a house,which I found just down the street a bit from where I was living.That was 11 years ago,and I've been here since.

When I bought my house here the average age in Speedway was 92.8,and after I moved in I brought the average age down to 87.4. There's still a good amount of older population living here. Why? Its a decent place to live,quiet,fairly low crime etc etc. The biggest selling point for me back then,was its so close to the Interstates,and I could be on my way to any racetrack within minutes. Its a good central location to be a racefan....
5 Likes: 95KART, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69
95KART (Offline)
  #15 3/14/21 2:58 PM
Yes I did,from May 2006 till after the Knoxville Nationals in August. I was to busy going racing back then to look for an apartment,and when I got one my furniture was a table and chair from the Hospital I was working at,and an air mattress,until I went back to Maine and got my stuff later that year. I found an apartment by cruising the streets of Speedway,and found some for rent,and called about them and finally came to an agreement on one of them,and lived there for 4 years till I decided it was time to buy a house,which I found just down the street a bit from where I was living.That was 11 years ago,and I've been here since.

When I bought my house here the average age in Speedway was 92.8,and after I moved in I brought the average age down to 87.4. There's still a good amount of older population living here. Why? Its a decent place to live,quiet,fairly low crime etc etc. The biggest selling point for me back then,was its so close to the Interstates,and I could be on my way to any racetrack within minutes. Its a good central location to be a racefan....
That is some serious dedication! I have a truck with a cap that I've slept in at the racetrack before that I could stay in for awhile, but I would like to find something before winter! I'm glad you found a house you like, I'm moving to Indy for the same reason, nice central location with a lot of racing options.
2 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, i love dirt track racing
95KART (Offline)
  #16 3/14/21 3:11 PM
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing:
There is a nice little community in southeastern Indiana called Osgood. It's all good in o so good. LOL. Have fun and enjoy the great Hoosier hospitality and all the great racing tracks. We are simply spoiled for the great dirt track racing events in Indiana. Aq made the move to Indiana many of years ago and slept in his van for a while till he found a spot to land. LOL.
Osgood looks like a great little community, unfortunately it is just too far from where I will be working in NW Indy. Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm super excited to start living in Indiana and have access to so many great race tracks and events! I am also looking to chase my own dirt racing dreams so Indiana is the place to be!
  #17 3/14/21 3:11 PM

That is definitely a couple of Kodak moments and life time memories that you have experience. I remember meeting you and someone said that guy is living in that van and the doors on the van was opened up to air out the living conditions. LOL. Glad to have met a great friend. He is definitely one of a kind. LOL. Thanks.
2 Likes: 95KART, Andrew S. Quinn
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #18 3/14/21 5:01 PM
Originally Posted by 95KART:
Osgood looks like a great little community, unfortunately it is just too far from where I will be working in NW Indy. Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm super excited to start living in Indiana and have access to so many great race tracks and events! I am also looking to chase my own dirt racing dreams so Indiana is the place to be!
Fill us in ,what are your dirt track racing dreams?
3 Likes: 95KART, jonboat15, nathans1012
TQ29m (Offline)
  #19 3/14/21 5:46 PM
Osgood would be a fun town to work out of, they are good people, and do have a dirt track there also, the daily trip might be a drag, but you might be able to find some shortcuts, once you settle in, is a thought.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: 95KART, i love dirt track racing
95KART (Offline)
  #20 3/14/21 7:25 PM
Originally Posted by interpreter66:
Fill us in ,what are your dirt track racing dreams?
I'm currently racing dirt oval go-karts in New York and doing SCCA solo events in my '89 Mustang, and am looking to take the next step in my dirt racing. I would like to be racing non-wing sprint cars some day. They are the absolute purest racecar with the best racing in my opinion, not ruined by technology or ******** (not that other racecars are bad, I love them all).

To take the next step up from go-karts and get one step closer to sprint cars I am planning on getting a 600cc micro-sprint when I get to Indiana. A micro-sprint is something I can afford, and don't need a whole team to race. I then believe if I work hard enough and stay committed to my goals, opportunities will come up, or I will make my own opportunities to drive a sprint car one day.

This is another reason I am looking at houses in Indy or north of there, because the tracks I would like to race at (US24 and Circus City) are in northern Indiana.
7 Likes: chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jonboat15, motorhead748, WinglessLovers