IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit, Who’s In!
8/1/23, 9:42 PM   #21
Re: High Limit, Who’s In!
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
The streaming numbers will tell the tale. And if they’re good, I would expect them to have a series sponsor much like the Castrol Flo Late Model series, which I’m predicting now will make a run at Kokomo next year. Charles, if you watched the Grandview HL race, they had a massive crowd that I would think covered the purse, I don’t know about the ones prior to that. I saw the Twitter post that says they’re aiming to be done before 9 local time. That’s ambitious and I hope they get it done. If they could guarantee it, I would go, but we all know the variables in dirt track racing
Looked like a big crowd tonite...curious how you Hoosiers liked the race?

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
8/1/23, 9:45 PM   #22
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDramazone2020 View Post
I will take Larson and y'all can have the field .....Why would anyone tow to a race knowing they have zero chance at winning.....the only chance you have is if Larson rolls a 12 and takes the challenge.
Certainly a sensible bet, especially since he got the pole for the Dash.... but you lost!
Hoosier Justin Peck for the win!

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, mtek56, tirespinner
8/1/23, 11:20 PM   #23
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

I just got home and kudos to High Limit team. NO MESSING AROUND! When I saw that the FLO broadcast started at 5:40PM Eastern time, I figured the show would start early which it did. Dillon Welch and his team sounded great on the PA. Congrats to Justin Peck for setting a new track record. First heat race rolled off about 7:25pm. Heat races were a typical winged race parade of speed with not much passing. The feature delivered! Looked like a video game with the leaders running high, low and slide jobs galore through lapped traffic. Kudos to Justin for a Hoosier getting the win and big pay-day! Feature ended about 9pm and back to Indy by 10:30pm. Just enough fireworks prior to the race and post-race to entertain the crowd. Based on parking, I'd say the crowd was just shy of the USAC sprint week attendance. Gotta be happy with a huge Tue night crowd. Again, props to High Limit and FLO for pulling off a Tuesday night show and getting the fans to their cars by 9:15pm! They've clearly demonstrated they can execute their sprint car and late model Tue night shows and get the fans out early! 🏁

8/2/23, 4:27 AM   #24
Hubie48

I went, my second wing sprint car race ever.

I also really enjoyed it. It was fun.

Congrats to Justin Peck

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
8/2/23, 6:30 AM   #25
miledirt

Great racing
Really well run program again by the HL crew

Anyone know where FLO came from, ownership group? Where all this money came from to be invested in racing like this?

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
8/2/23, 8:05 AM   #26

Could not go, had to watch on tv. Few notes
Neg.
1. for the TV crowd, there was a lot of downtime. I found myself switching over to another race. I know they don't want a filler class, but it could have helped a little bit. Let filler feature run after main feature. Help with crowd dispersal as well.
2. Heats were ok. not much passing after the start. seems to be the norm of dirt racing these days.

Pos.
1. Feature was Great. Can't ask for much more.
2. Mixed up field. Example Rico had to work his tail off to get a podium. He was not able to just drive by like some of the other races.
3. Traffic!!!!! Wing races need more traffic and this race proved it.
4. Insight, I loved that some of the non-wingers showed up and ran good. It was interesting to hear how different you run the track.

I enjoyed the event. Would have rather been there in person, but that was not in the cards for last night. No way this series is one and done.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
8/2/23, 8:08 AM   #27
The55

FLO is not about racing, it streams all types of sports. Their website has some information and here is what it says about how they got started.

Mark Floreani co-founded FloSports in 2006 with Martin Floreani and Madhu Venkatesan, filling a need in the market for high quality live broadcasts and original content by athletes, for athletes. An All-American track star at the University of Texas, Mark found early success filming athletes when he posted a video of the first American to break the hour barrier in the half-marathon. It went viral, kick-starting a journey that resulted in FloSports becoming a premier sports media company. Mark became CEO in 2018 and led the company to its most successful year to date in 2019. Fun fact: Mark co-founded Flo with just $20k and a van.

6 members like this post: Blitzman, flagboy55, Hubie48, miledirt, The Old Coyote, tirespinner
8/2/23, 9:59 AM   #28
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

I'm sure there would be more anti winged sprint fans in here had there been negatives to the show. But everything went perfectly. Started a little late but was leaving the track at 9:15PM and got home at 11. Feature was awesome. 2 of the best features ive seen at kokomo ever were Late Models and now High Limits. Great stuff. Now just wish more tracks (even not on weekdays) could run a snappy program like that and be done by 9:30-10

8/2/23, 1:06 PM   #29
BrentTFunk

I thought it was a good show. Perfect amount of cars to run an efficient show. Real good quality too. Real good crowd for a Tuesday night, though not as big as the July3 show or Sprint Week. Track was very racy. I have felt for a while that Justin Peck is the most under rated wing driver. Nothing changed my mind last night.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 8/2/23 at 1:09 PM.

8/2/23, 1:58 PM   #30
nonwing79

I saw many good comments on the racing, how do we get some of these wing lovers to watch a USAC race at Kokomo and blow their minds?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit, Who’s In!