Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Still Drama. If WRG used same lab

Only if you want it to be drama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: captrat, K9Racer, progressive22, tirespinner
4/5/22, 8:55 AM   #292
Kendall2020

Doped or didn’t dope at this point what’s the difference. Everyone believes what they believe. At this point as a small owner trying to grow our team I don’t care. What concerns me are the soaring prices and shortages. It’s going to be the demise of the sport we all love. Facts are nothing is being done to contain it. I see Hoosier, USAC and other big series post about shortages and yet no solutions. Make a change. Limit tires that can be used nightly. I mean to make a USAC show you need at least 4 new rears a night to have a chance. Local tracks could easily go to a one tire rule. It’s not the 80% of us that don’t have corporate funding burning through tires. It’s the major series’ that are using 4 to 6 tires in a single night, yet nothing changes. I’m not ******** because I can’t buy 4 tires a night. I’m concerned that the sport I’ve been involved in for 40 years is going to be on the ropes very soon if something doesn’t change, quickly. Tire companies say they can’t keep up. Then shut down a month to catch up. Either make some rule changes or open it up completely.

4/5/22, 9:53 AM   #293
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall2020 View Post
Doped or didn’t dope at this point what’s the difference. Everyone believes what they believe. At this point as a small owner trying to grow our team I don’t care. What concerns me are the soaring prices and shortages. It’s going to be the demise of the sport we all love. Facts are nothing is being done to contain it. I see Hoosier, USAC and other big series post about shortages and yet no solutions. Make a change. Limit tires that can be used nightly. I mean to make a USAC show you need at least 4 new rears a night to have a chance. Local tracks could easily go to a one tire rule. It’s not the 80% of us that don’t have corporate funding burning through tires. It’s the major series’ that are using 4 to 6 tires in a single night, yet nothing changes. I’m not ******** because I can’t buy 4 tires a night. I’m concerned that the sport I’ve been involved in for 40 years is going to be on the ropes very soon if something doesn’t change, quickly. Tire companies say they can’t keep up. Then shut down a month to catch up. Either make some rule changes or open it up completely.
When I sold out 20 years ago I thought this scenario was just around the corner, 5 years max…. It’s taken longer than I thought

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/5/22, 10:16 AM   #294
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
I am not sure but I would bet LarryO was involved 😆
Shhhh! He may read this when he takes a break from roller skating.

4 members like this post: CRA91, PIT CART, racefan20, tirespinner
4/5/22, 10:52 AM   #295
Re: Tire Dopers
otgracing17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
God I hate facts, they screw up good drama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall2020 View Post
Made many USAC mains in the last few years running the same tire all night. The outliers are Lawrenceburg and Terre Haute where if you have a guy on the hammer you will blister a tire in the heat race.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, spankytoo, tirespinner
4/5/22, 12:04 PM   #296
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by otgracing17 View Post
Made many USAC mains in the last few years running the same tire all night. The outliers are Lawrenceburg and Terre Haute where if you have a guy on the hammer you will blister a tire in the heat race.
I would disagree with that. Our driver is always on the hammer at the burg and the only tire we ever blistered was in a feature the last race we ran there last year.

4/5/22, 12:22 PM   #297
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I believe during Darlands last win at LB several drivers started blowing tires at 18 to20 laps into the feature

4/5/22, 12:44 PM   #298
otgracing17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
I would disagree with that. Our driver is always on the hammer at the burg and the only tire we ever blistered was in a feature the last race we ran there last year.
We had the problem there twice last year with the same driver. Did not have the problem before that with another driver. Also, had to run different gears everywhere with him compared to what I was used too. Both races were national shows. I’ve also noticed if I put something that has a heat race on it or whatever then it sits for a week I have less of a chance of blistering the tire at both places.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
4/5/22, 12:58 PM   #299
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by otgracing17 View Post
We had the problem there twice last year with the same driver. Did not have the problem before that with another driver. Also, had to run different gears everywhere with him compared to what I was used too. Both races were national shows. I’ve also noticed if I put something that has a heat race on it or whatever then it sits for a week I have less of a chance of blistering the tire at both places.
I can tell you why ours blistered, it was because the tire wasn’t cured out. At the end of lastyear Hoosier was so far behind the tires never had a chance to cure. I agree that after you run them once it helps. We run the 15’s at the local shows at the burg and that was the only one we blistered all year. I do groove our 15’s and mediums a little different to try to let some heat out so they don’t blister.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
4/5/22, 1:29 PM   #300
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
I believe during Darlands last win at LB several drivers started blowing tires at 18 to20 laps into the feature
That was a tire defect Period. The six guys who never spun their tires all night made the end and ended up that way. From the teams I know run the burg, They put a new RR on for the feature and then use that tire if not too bad for next weeks heat race. Or another heat sometime

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers