IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help - help - help - help!!!!
1/18/09, 9:22 AM   #11
Re: Help - help - help - help!!!!
bigwig_1basset

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephatch02 View Post
I got one of the verizon usb broadband for when I travel, the speed is pretty good. I used it last night to listen to the races. It's like $70 a month.
I also have one of the air cards, it works pretty good and you can use it anywhere. We take ours on our racing trips in the camper and works wherever we go.

1/18/09, 10:07 AM   #12
cecil98

Current! You simply plug the modem into a 120 volt outlet and you've got high speed internet. Last I heard it was $26.95 per month but, that was a while back. It could be a little more now but, not much. Hopefully the link below will work for you.

http://www.currentgroup.com/solutions/services.html

1/18/09, 11:34 AM   #13
TQ29m

Melmo, for "dial up", I had Compuserve for several years, and not a problem, and inexpensive too, figured out less than $12.00 a month, if you pay by the year. It's an off-shoot of AOL, but I didn't like AOL. I'm using Comcast now, sat not dependable, this is too expensive, but they got the market cornered. They have a 30 day trial disk. Bob

1/18/09, 12:07 PM   #14
Brandon Watson

i have verizon broad band. they have a air card of they have a usb device, that is what I got. i have had great luck with it and I think I am paying around $50 or $60 for it a month. Wery reliable in my opinion

1/18/09, 1:14 PM   #15
CSmith66

I live near the kokomo quarter midget track and use hoosier broadband. It was around 100 for start up and 45 / month for fastest upload and download speeds

Posted via Mobile Device

1/18/09, 1:20 PM   #16
RacinJason

What about Road Runner? I heard thats available anywhere cable coax is.

Jason

1/18/09, 10:10 PM   #17
tdhamilton

Try Citizen's Communication Corporation Broadband http://www.c3bb.com/
Not sure if they offer coverage in your part of Indiana but it was $50 for installation and equipment and just $35 per month. Not as fast as cable but much better than dial-up

1/19/09, 10:15 AM   #18
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I feel your pain Melmo!! I live in the boonies where DSL doesn't reach! I have dial up too. People tell me that the weather really impacts their high speed internet reliability. That's why I am afraid to go to satellite! Dial up is slow but at least it's consistent!
Can you imagine looking at (or listening to) updates and having your internet go out because of a thunder storm? Yikes!!
Are the other forms of hi-speed dependent on the weather?
Thanks!

1/19/09, 11:49 AM   #19
Melmo

I've called a couple and what I don't understand they say I can't get it becasue I don't have a line coming to where I'm at!!! This is crazy but still trying!!! Thanks for all the help!!!

1/19/09, 1:54 PM   #20
Tony Barhorst

Melmo..

After investing $$ in Hughes Net at home... I feel it is too slow for the $$, but it does allow me to view video sporadically...and listen to the Chili Bowl. I have ATT high speed at the office which I really like.

I recently realized money is better invested in buying higher speed computers...

If you have a GOOD cell phone signal at your house...3 bars or more consistently...I think that a good laptop...and an air card are the way to go.
If you have two bars or less signal..you won't be happy, as it will drift to roaming, and lose the signal.

You can experiment at stores by going on their Wi Fi system...getting online...and check out the performance of the computers that way while viewing youtube race videos or online internet shows.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help - help - help - help!!!!