IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Fisher79
  #21 8/7/09 4:19 PM
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE:
Danville canceled it's show for the weekend and Paragon's off I'd bet they'll be close to 30 cars at Kokomo
I hope you're right but don't forget Waynesfield is running, too.
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #22 8/7/09 4:38 PM
Originally Posted by Fisher79:
Da' Burg Also
T&A Racing (Offline)
  #23 8/8/09 4:57 PM
Originally Posted by Z-man:
Fan appreciation night, if promoted correctly should attract new local fans who feel that a ticket for under $10 is worth checking out the action. Tracks shouldn't have to compete for fans at local shows, regular fans know where they enjoy watching the racing and a half price ticket isn't going to have a lot of influence on their decision of which track to attend. Some people follow the drivers and are lured by car counts, some fans enjoy seeing the same people(fans and drivers) every weekend at a track that is close to home. So what I am trying to say is car counts attract hard core fans that follow the racing all week long and promotions are intended to attract new or casual fans. Plus a Saturday night show is easier to handle than a sunday night show for those who still have a job on monday. Kokomo provides great racing and that is why it is able to survive the sunday night shows, by having it on a Sat. with reduced ticket costs it will show those who normally wouldn't go on a sunday just what they are missing. JMO
I agree with your that line of thought.

I used to follow some of that way of thinking trying to go where I predicted would be better car counts with quality and higher purses. The heck with that. I'm in a different position than years past however, even if the money wasn't a factor, I change my outlook and just go where ever I feel and where ever I like to go. That's it.

I know where I enjoy racing the most and go there most as well as considering geography. But do get to the other tracks too, just not as often as I used too. I do still like to visit tracks I've never been to ever year.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Fisher79:
Yeah...I think we have at least 2 local cars that will probably be there. Not sure why they haven't ran in there hometown much this year. But that is probably a whole different story and even valid reasons.

Plus, off the top of my head there will probably be 5 cars there that ran Kokomo fairly frequently some years past. Those are possibly to do with a closer venue and economy.
CSmith66 (Offline)
  #24 8/8/09 5:39 PM
Haven't ran this year much due to funds and like now being at work. Don't really like missing races at kokomo being its right here close. Hopefully next year we'll be able to put in a full season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Go Fast (Offline)
  #25 8/8/09 5:40 PM
While you will have the usual suspects at Kokomo who are running for points, there will be some absentee's who are already headed for Knoxville. Wouldn't count on seeing any guys who are up in the USAC points unless they have a different local ride. Whitt comes to mind. I could see him running his own car there tonight.

I don't think any track is paying enough tonight to entice someone to bring a car they are planning on heading to Iowa with. Putnamville will probably have the highest car count tonight. This would probably be a good night for a guy with an old car to bring it out and make a little money.

Gary Ooley

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
Motormasher (Offline)
  #26 8/8/09 8:09 PM
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE:
Danville canceled it's show for the weekend and Paragon's off I'd bet they'll be close to 30 cars at Kokomo
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ..................30 cars ......... ........thats funny!

They shouldn't have changed their night!!!
Pine (Offline)
  #27 8/8/09 8:17 PM
41 cars at lps and 15 kokomo
JON'S MOM (Offline)
  #28 8/8/09 8:28 PM
anyone doing updates at kokomo??????
3Cfan (Offline)
  #29 8/8/09 9:42 PM
Whitt wins.....JS 6th
sprintcar3cfan (Offline)
  #30 8/8/09 10:03 PM
Did kyle race?