IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Osky purse reduction
8/6/13, 10:00 AM   #1
Osky purse reduction
ThrowbackRacingTeam

So TMac lowered the purse both Monday and Tuesday again this year. Gee it couldn't have anything to do with having to pay for two son's sprint car rides would it? Monday has been reduced to a $3000 to win 360 race and now the non-wing race is down to 10 g's and $500 to start, hardly a special race. With steadily declining car counts since implementing everyone's favorite 2 heat race format, I wonder if they will even get 20 cars to show up tonight especially since there are no other non-wing races in the area for the Indiana guys to run. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised tonight but I fear this could be the last one. Also heard a rumor the fair board is pissed at McCarl and he could be out after this year. On a positive note, we get a rare chance to see Larson in a non-wing sprinter go for his 3rd Osky non-wing win in a row on a fast and treacherous half mile!

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: fish, johnnythunderhead
8/6/13, 10:42 AM   #2
dsc1600

I'm a little confused. I take your point on the reduced purse, but how many non winged shows pay more than 10g's to win? Surely not that many.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: Coach, jim goerge, racefan20, Ty
8/6/13, 11:10 AM   #3
jpa317

I wasn't sure that switching to 360s would work out, but I was a satisfied customer last night. 51 cars and a competitive field. The track was prepped well I always think the track shape and banking makes it hard to widen for them. I have no problem with business owners doing the math and taking their best shot at success. Good luck to Lori and terry for a good and dry night tonight for our nw guys.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: rclaridge
8/6/13, 11:53 AM   #4
Re: Osky purse reduction
treecitytornado

It used to be 30 grand to Win! Still a good paying show though.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/6/13, 1:07 PM   #5
speedemon3b

Posted via Mobile Devicedoes anybody know what time the show starts tonight American Airlines is a joke and just cancelled my second flight today and won't make it into Des Moines until 4:30
Last edited by speedemon3b; 8/6/13 at 1:09 PM.

8/6/13, 1:27 PM   #6
dmantx

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon3b View Post
Posted via Mobile Devicedoes anybody know what time the show starts tonight American Airlines is a joke and just cancelled my second flight today and won't make it into Des Moines until 4:30
**to get there the quickest, exit south at the airport onto the Hwy 5/65 loop (east), then continue until Hwy 163 exit (east)...that will take you right to Osky. You will make it there in plenty of time...if you land at 4:30.

Here's an excerpt from my earlier post...safe travels:

Tonight's Ultimate Challenge has the same start times as last night:

Pits/Infield Party area opens at 3pm, Grandstands open at 5pm, Hot Laps immediately following track packing, approximately 7:15. Tickets still available at the track ticket office. Click www.OskyChallenges.com for more information.

8/6/13, 1:58 PM   #7
johnnythunderhead
Banned

I would recommend taking I-84? lol

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/6/13, 2:56 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
I would recommend taking I-84? lol

Posted via Mobile Device
There's hope for you yet

8/6/13, 5:18 PM   #9
5JMOFFATTFAN!

Did anyone TAKE the front row challenge last night ??

Posted via Mobile Device

8/6/13, 5:25 PM   #10
on_the_edge

10K is a very good paying paying show for non-wing, but the problem is that these teams, mostly Indiana based, had to drive to Iowa for one race, and on a Tuesday night. The 30k used to be much more appealing, now it will be harder for guys to make that commitment with the lowered purse. Still for 10k your heavy hitters will be there, and of course your USAC regulars. Just not going to draw some of the others out there that might make the tow for 30k, or more guys taking the wing off for a shot at the money.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Osky purse reduction