IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget week car count
6/6/22, 9:52 AM   #1
Midget week car count
ginblueearth

I'm up here in Minnesota I had planned on coming down for midget week tell the gas went sky high.But after seeing car counts at the first few shows I'm glad I didn't . In years past wasn't the car count a lot higher both midgets & sprints or is this normal . One other thing I'm 110 miles from Husets and was looking forward to the USAC Nationals in July. But if they only get in the lower 20's for midgets in Indiana what is is going to be in South Dakota and the same for the sprint cars

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
6/6/22, 9:56 AM   #2
Re: Midget week car count
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I haven't had a problem with he car count, But more and more Im seeing why almost three hundred midgets don't want to compete in a free for all if your in my spot you get hit world. Seriously, Four nights and I bet everyone has a ton of damage, Some more than others.

And how does JG unbuckle, not go to work area and restart?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/6/22 at 9:58 AM.

2 members like this post: Bostonian, PIT CART
6/6/22, 10:03 AM   #3
Rpracing1

Car counts have been perfect in my opinion. One consolation event adequate. Quality cars for the most part. Last night had a bit more drama and carnage than necessary. But car counts are what I had expected given the current economic conditions. Yes and some drivers do seem to skirt the rule book somewhat under radar. Sorry, race you the way you race me.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 6/6/22 at 10:05 AM. Reason: sp.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, ginblueearth, skids59, tirespinner
6/6/22, 10:10 AM   #4
ThrowbackRacingTeam

We’ll it’s down some but actually high 20’s everywhere but Lawrenceburg which is expected. If you want higher car counts make sure you vote wisely in upcoming elections. Also if you live that close to Huset’s I think it’s definitely worth going. I’ll be there and I’ve got 5 1/2 hours each way. Sun Prairie Wisconsin should be good too in a few weeks. Hopefully racing as we know it can survive 2 1/2 more years of this and then get back on track!

6/6/22, 11:04 AM   #5
jdull99

Thank-you for posting that Throwback!!!

...I suppose everyone wonders why gas and the price of everything is high too...lol. Many of us aren't surprised; in-fact we warned them...

Thankfully many midget clubs are still getting 22/23/24 cars. I always say, I never knew how much people cared about B-mains/semi-features, til they don't have them...when they go away, people sure miss them. The PLUS side is, when you don't have them, all the cars that are there make the show and get start money; plus, it SHOULD help the show get over sooner, if you do not have one.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

5 members like this post: ginblueearth, John P Huss, PJ Wright, rick42, tirespinner
6/6/22, 12:01 PM   #6
TQ29m

I read something about Husets this morning, are they going to be able to run, sounds like they took it in the shorts pretty bad, can't find where I saw it now, might want to see what it was.

2 members like this post: dstensland, tirespinner
6/6/22, 12:12 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I read something about Husets this morning, are they going to be able to run, sounds like they took it in the shorts pretty bad, can't find where I saw it now, might want to see what it was.
Husets had a storm that tore the roof off some of the suites. The WoO announcer said they planned to run last night and had the facility ready to. Just more storms forced a cancellation.

6/6/22, 12:18 PM   #8
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Husets had a storm that tore the roof off some of the suites. The WoO announcer said they planned to run last night and had the facility ready to. Just more storms forced a cancellation.
The WOO sprints make up race will be the day before the USAC show at Hussets. Will make for a good three day escape.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/6/22, 12:35 PM   #9
flagboy55

Jon, I don’t think that’s correct. I thought it’s before their (outlaws) next visit there

3 members like this post: ginblueearth, Jonr, tirespinner
6/6/22, 12:46 PM   #10
dsc1600

The woo race is going to be made up on June 22 setting up a 4 day WoO show. $10k,$15k, $20k and $100k to win.

3 members like this post: ginblueearth, PIT CART, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget week car count