IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belligerence. Seriously Lincoln
6/26/22, 5:00 PM   #11
Re: Belligerence. Seriously Lincoln
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
Sadly Chuck it is where we are at as a society. The people that raised me, and probably you and a great many more would have been horribly embarassed if we had acted that way, and if we had been kids, beat our a$$ later. Unfortunately too many think it's their right to behave and act this way.
Macri should sell Anybody but Macri T Shirts and make a $$$ off it.

4 members like this post: jonboat15, oppweld, RACrappieman, Rcar
6/26/22, 5:03 PM   #12
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Macri should sell Anybody but Macri T Shirts and make a $$$ off it.
LOL, Good idea. I was at a late model event the other night, one of the drivers is the "villian". He won and some of the names he was called, and some of the gestures from alleged adults would have made a sailor blush.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
6/26/22, 7:23 PM   #13
dsc1600

I agree with what people are saying in this post but I draw the line that this booing of successful drivers is a new thing brought on by a lack of civility. I’ve only been going to the races for 40 years so I’m a young pup compared to many, but fans have been vicious to front runners the entire time I’ve been going.

5 members like this post: fish, jonboat15, Scott Daloisio, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
6/26/22, 9:01 PM   #14
yeleyfan76

I find it funny that a group from the Midwest are even debating this issue. It’s no secret that people are quite a bit more mellow and kinder out there. Here in the east it’s eat or get eaten everyday all day. It’s just how it is. As stated earlier Macri has no idea yet how bad it gets as Rahmer was as evil for the fans as it gets. Of course Fred grew up in a tougher generation so he handled and dealt with it differently. When Macri grows up a little he will be fine. The social media thing can be a problem, but only the weak let it bother them. Macri will keep on winning and some of the fans will keep on cussing. Danny Dietrich deals with it too. Unfortunately you have got to have a thick skin to live out here cause that’s the way it is. You Midwesterners have got it good out there, it is why we visit a lot and have made many friends.

6/26/22, 9:56 PM   #15
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Went to Knoxville for first time last year and going back again this year. You want to hear booing, my goodness they are brutal towards Schatz.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, PIT CART, tirespinner
6/26/22, 11:15 PM   #16
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
I find it funny that a group from the Midwest are even debating this issue. It’s no secret that people are quite a bit more mellow and kinder out there. Here in the east it’s eat or get eaten everyday all day. It’s just how it is. As stated earlier Macri has no idea yet how bad it gets as Rahmer was as evil for the fans as it gets. Of course Fred grew up in a tougher generation so he handled and dealt with it differently. When Macri grows up a little he will be fine. The social media thing can be a problem, but only the weak let it bother them. Macri will keep on winning and some of the fans will keep on cussing. Danny Dietrich deals with it too. Unfortunately you have got to have a thick skin to live out here cause that’s the way it is. You Midwesterners have got it good out there, it is why we visit a lot and have made many friends.

I've made about six vacations out thru PA and never had a problem. Nice people everywhere. Now I did go to a Erie PA hockey game wearing my Cincinnati Cyclones Jersey once. They wanted to fight. Im like Dude, Enjoy the game, let the best team win. We won six to two. Also wore my Bengals Jersey to kennywood. They razzed me a lot but nothing I wouldn't do to them wearing diaper colors here. .

One of the nicest things I ever had done was after driving four hours thru places with ten inches of snow to Fort Wayne Comets game. I chipped a tooth and was in some bad pain. Some fans there helped me out big time with some Percoset. Id of never got my fiancee at the time home without it.

Now out in Jersey, They know your not from around there and they'll play ya with the rough tough talk, but most are generally nice and be smiling when they do it.

Anyway, I love PA.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
6/26/22, 11:21 PM   #17
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Went to Knoxville for first time last year and going back again this year. You want to hear booing, my goodness they are brutal towards Schatz.
When Steve Kinser was winning everything,should've heard them back then,geez.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6/27/22, 12:09 AM   #18
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Even at Bloomington!

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/27/22, 12:26 AM   #19
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
The year Scruffy won the nationals I went up to a WoO race at attica and scruffy and steve ran side by side for half the race for the lead just like earlier in the year at the kings royal. Well steve won the royal and also Attica. This is when I talk about fans booing and yelling stuff at him and Karl while getting pics in victory lane. And Litterally Karl flipped em off, pointed to the check and said where's your car, Come beat us.

6/27/22, 2:39 AM   #20
Scott Daloisio

A driver getting booed started the first time a second driver showed up to race.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belligerence. Seriously Lincoln