IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City
6/25/22, 9:27 AM   #11
EldoraMark

Track was like a plowed field but they catch flack for being slick and dusty. They r trying there best. The 11 car ran most of the race with a flat tire. That tire look like it was going to roll off of the rim but it stayed on and he was passing cars.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, oldfan49, PIT CART, tirespinner
6/25/22, 10:11 AM   #12
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
Track was like a plowed field but they catch flack for being slick and dusty. They r trying there best. The 11 car ran most of the race with a flat tire. That tire look like it was going to roll off of the rim but it stayed on and he was passing cars.
Maybe you wasnt at the same track I was last night...maybe you had ear protection on and didnt hear anything the drivers and fans were saying.

They never worked the track an ounce until right before the Features and their trying their best? The announcer which was NOT The Rob Goodman, said it every single time he was on the PA about how bad the track was including driver interviews, but never worked the track until right before the Features, but they tried their best?

The officials in the infield would drive their ATVs to ALL the junk parts of the track and shake their heads and say something on the radios, but wouldnt work the track, but they tried their best? It was junk from the get go but went ahead and ran heats anyway after hot laps/qualifying instead of working on the track and didnt put drivers safety first, but they tried their best?

The officials on ATVs would go park on the track and tell the drivers to drive around all the holes and ruts, yet wouldnt stop the racing and work the track, but they tried their best? The push trucks was within inches of hitting the guardrails in turn 1 bc they didnt want to run into all the holes and ruts, and bust the hell out of their shocks and tear up their vehicles, which you cant blame them, but their trying their best?

The water truck driving around on floaters had water splashing up through the holes and ruts and anyone who wasnt legally blind or trashed drunk seen it but they tried their best? Didnt bother going and grabbing the track prep equipment and doing anything about it though, but they tried their best?

A wrecker had a D2 on the hook and damn near got stuck going from the infield to the pits and left ridiculous ruts that remained there until Feature time and bc of the wrecker coming from the South driving North leaving ruts in the same direction with drivers driving East to West and had no choice to drive over them, but they tried their best?

Maybe you didnt see all the speed bumps and all the cars hopping around everywhere, but they tried their best? Not a stitch of work until right before the Features and even then used the wrong piece of equipment, but they tried their best?

Maybe they did try their best at saving the diesel fuel that the track prep equipment uses!! Mind you, this is just about the track conditions, not everything else that was said and going on and being talked about all night nor am I going to talk about all those things bc I'm not here to badmouth GC, I'm praying they fix all the mistakes and problems.

Just stating in this post they did not try their best and anyone who knows anything about racing that was there last night, knows they didnt try their best. It looked like a motorx track.

Sadly, comments like this that "they tried their best" when they clearly didnt, is exactly what I'm afraid is gonna happen for regulars like myself that come every week, pay every week, look forward to it every week after a long hard work week.

Just blow it off, theres always Montpelier right, no biggy, Sprint car people can go to Eldora right, no biggy, and then all the sudden there is no cars for a race nor any fans nor a GCI69 Speedway.

Appears the stock cars might be headed in that direction already with 4 Street Stocks and 5 Hornets. No Mr. Eldora Mark, with all due respect to you sir, THEY DID NOT TRY THEIR BEST.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 6/25/22 at 3:20 PM.

3 members like this post: cornerthree, tirespinner, TQ29m
6/25/22, 10:39 AM   #13
K9Racer

Empty
Last edited by K9Racer; 6/25/22 at 10:54 AM.

2 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, tirespinner
6/25/22, 10:43 AM   #14
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 6/25/22 at 11:00 AM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/25/22, 10:45 AM   #15
K9Racer

Sorry, was trying to respond to admin and can’t get it deleted.

2 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, tirespinner
6/25/22, 10:48 AM   #16
Re: Gas City
chrismattlin

it's really cool to see Harley Burns be competitive, and even winning, now that he has a respectable mount. That kid has been plugging away for years without a lot to show for it. Sincerely, congratulations Harley!

6/25/22, 11:04 AM   #17
TQ29m

Any other items that you would like to share, I like it when someone can express their thoughts, and not get arrested or political about it, glad you 😊about it.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, DirtTrackTherapy16J, oppweld, tirespinner
6/25/22, 11:55 AM   #18
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Any other items that you would like to share, I like it when someone can express their thoughts, and not get arrested or political about it, glad you 😊about it.
Thanks TQ29m...I'm not trying to start anything with GC officials much less with EldoraMark nor am I being negative...I'm being real and truthful...he is entitled to his opinion, but bottom line is they didnt try their best and anyone there or that knows anything about racing knows they didnt try their best.

One may say you have never raced, you dont know anything...okay no problem, except I had a former driver on one side of me, current driver on one side of me, former driver and track champion on the other side of him. Pretty sure they know what their talking about.

I dont believe in bad mouthing people, calling names, etc. I'm almost 40 years old. My problem is if people dont let people know things are not right then it will never get fixed and it will just get blown off. I like to call it constructive criticism or tough love. I try to teach my niece these things with sports or 4H or life in general. Doesnt mean someone hates you or someone doesnt like you, their trying to help you.

That's all I'm trying to do is let the promoter and officials know they had major major issues last night and it wasn't just track conditions but from what I was told they likely already know it.

It's just like last week, I had 2 known Sprint Car teams tell me they wouldnt come back, guess what, they wasnt there last night. How many teams in all the divisions last night said the same thing last night or today? If that keeps happening, who is gonna race there?

I have went to GC every Friday since 2019. I look forward to it every week and I dont want it to stop or change but it's not gonna last if things dont improve quickly. I personally will go again on the 8th, if nothing else to see if problems got addressed or are being addressed or are they just gonna keep getting blown off.

There has been a downhill slide the past 2 or 3 races minus Midget Week. Any regular who isn't legally blind that goes every week can see it. Like I keep saying 4 Street Stocks and 5 Hornets, that's ridiculous. I'm a Sprint car guy, but the thing is that's what those men and women and kids race. That's what they have. The Mods and Street Stocks, most of them have thousands and thousands of dollars in their rides. Sprint car people dont have to like it, but they are part of the shows and part of what keeps tracks going forwards.

I was in the bathroom last night and I'm vocal without being nasty, rude, mean, hateful, disrespectful, political, etc. and I said "hey if there are any regulars in here besides myself, could you state your opinion on where the stock cars are at" and this older guy 60s-70s pipes up, oh this isnt a stock car track, your at the wrong place if you wanna watch stock cars, must be your first visit here", before I could get a word out another guy says hey he already said he's a regular and yeah there are usually 3 stock car classes here but no Mods tonight and there's 9 total stock cars, something is wrong, older guy just walked out, never said another word.

The stock cars bring families, that's money, they buy food and drinks, that's money, its not just a Sprint/Midget track. If people just blow off problems it's only going to get worse. There's a positive way to be about problems and there's a negative way to be or theres an ignore problems. I choose to be positive but be open and vocal.

Hopefully enough people are open and vocal about last night without cussing people out, being rude, nasty, mean, all that and they can get it turned around in a hurry.

As far as the other problems that was talked about in the stands, concessions, parking lot, bathrooms, pits...all I will say is I cannot 100% confirm those things, could just be people mad starting rumors, however as much as I heard the same things over and over last night from different people in different parts of the property, then go on the Facebook page and read things through and thoroughly, and do basic math of 2+2 lol, it does seem there are more problems then just the track conditions.

Before political people blame everything on the economy and fuel prices, you dont put safety aside bc of the economy and fuel prices at a dirt track. You likely shouldn't spend money on something bc of cosmetic issues when maybe that money should be spent towards safety.

If that's how a person feels, in my eyes and opinion it would be time to stop, but that's how I think. The D2s didnt just tip over last night, they flipped very violently. I pray their all okay today. I dont go to see people get hurt and destroy their equipment.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 6/25/22 at 2:16 PM.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, Grocery Guy, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
6/25/22, 1:38 PM   #19
Re: Gas City
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Can I ask one thing without you getting upset? Is there any way you can break up your post into sentences and paragraphs? I don't know if you use talk to type or what. I have astigmatism and even with glasses just see a wall of words.

Lot easier to see if it's broken up as it is meant to be said. TY.
Chuck, who is far from perfect in grammar, etc.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/25/22 at 1:39 PM.

1 member likes this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J
6/25/22, 2:08 PM   #20
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Can I ask one thing without you getting upset? Is there any way you can break up your post into sentences and paragraphs? I don't know if you use talk to type or what. I have astigmatism and even with glasses just see a wall of words.

Lot easier to see if it's broken up as it is meant to be said. TY.
Chuck, who is far from perfect in grammar, etc.
Charles let me go break it up. I would never get upset about you or someone asking about that. Im not even upset about last night. It takes way more to make me upset then that. I wont tolerate immaturity out of adults, words being put in my mouth, being called names, that kind of stuff. My close friends call it a book or novels hahaha.

It's also not a rant, it's simply the honest truth about last night and I'm speaking outloud in hopes the problems get resolved as that's my go to track outside of Kokomo which doesnt have weekly shows anymore. GC is my weekly go to and I dont want to see it fall apart. Dont feel bad though, I'm blind too without my contacts or glasses and my grammar isnt always 100% correct either.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 6/25/22 at 2:18 PM.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Grocery Guy, PIT CART, WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City