IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KOKOMO SPEEDWAY - Big Smackdown news. $20,000 to win & MORE.
6/23/22, 3:05 PM   #21
Re: KOKOMO SPEEDWAY - Big Smackdown news. $20,000 to win & M
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA91 View Post
Didn't husets speedway have a Usac race that paid 60k for the winner of the Saturday show,I recall that it was won by Chad Boesplug.(sp)
Yes. Think it paid $10,000 the first night, and $50,000 the next night. Fans and teams always say races need to pay more. Let's hope the pits and stands are packed, so promoters can see there is a market for higher paying shows. It is not going to be easy, but I can't miss $10,000 to win at Putnamville here in about a week. Just feel the need to support these higher paying shows ,if possible. If someone wanted to sponsor laps, I would think this board would fill them quick to honor Bill.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 6/23/22 at 4:53 PM. Reason: grammar

6/23/22, 8:08 PM   #22
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
WOW can you believe this?!?!?! Potentially $35K for one race for one driver/team?!?!?! Wouldn't this be a record for a single race in USAC history??? Wow The O'Connor Family and USAC have flat out nailed it this time!!!! IF Smackdown wasn't the biggest and baddest Nonwing show of the year, it is now (already was anyway haha)!!!! To boot, us fans have a chance at $20K...wow...USAC haters talkin about money and purse all the time, what can you say to that??? I personally will never be able to thank Funk and The O'Connor's enough for getting me back into racing and they all know why, May of 2017, "skunk man" haha!!!! I already couldn't wait for Smackdown, now I definitely can't wait!!!! Only complaint about Smackdown, we only have a month or two after that before racing season is over in this part of the country!! Thank You to The O'Connor's and USAC for making this an even bigger more special show!!
I'm waiting for you to tell us how much USAC contributed to the purse payout. Thank the promoter man, they are the ones making this happen and the great fans and business people picking up the lap prizes.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART
6/23/22, 8:11 PM   #23
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Yes. Think it paid $10,000 the first night, and $50,000 the next night. Fans and teams always say races need to pay more. Let's hope the pits and stands are packed, so promoters can see there is a market for higher paying shows. It is not going to be easy, but I can't miss $10,000 to win at Putnamville here in about a week. Just feel the need to support these higher paying shows ,if possible. If someone wanted to sponsor laps, I would think this board would fill them quick to honor Bill.
Amen. I get tired of racers and fans complaining about the lack of big money shows, then when one comes around it doesn't get the support it deserves. I'm sure Smackdown will be a hit at the front gate, it usually is. Now lets hope for the same kind of back gate support.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, nathans1012
6/24/22, 12:12 AM   #24
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
I'm waiting for you to tell us how much USAC contributed to the purse payout. Thank the promoter man, they are the ones making this happen and the great fans and business people picking up the lap prizes.
Show me where I said one penny about USAC??? Although they do contribute to every track they go to that they are the sanctioning body. Thank the promoters huh??? Let's see, that would be The O'connor Family, who owns The Kokomo Speedway, in which I clearly said I'll never be able to thank them enough for multiple reasons and thanked them 3 times in that post lmfao hahaha, wow. I have nothing but pure total respect for The O'connor Family, I thank them every race, every time I'm on their property, when I get there and when I leave after the race, but B99 says "you need to thank the promoter man"...well guess what, I'll do one better for B99, I'll thank them for you as well!!!! By the way, it's called business OWNERS and fans, not business people and fans. Isnt critiquing so much fun???
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 6/24/22 at 12:50 AM.

6/24/22, 2:50 AM   #25
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Not sure if 11 is structured the exact same as 10 but here’s last years USAC purse.

1. $15000
2. $7500
3. $3500
4. $3000
5. $2500
6. $2000
7. $1900
8. $1800
9. $1700
10. $1600
11. $1575
12. $1550
13. $1525
14-22. $1500
Attached Images
E7BE3DAA-5524-485E-9D32-1845370A8CEC.jpg (130.3 KB, 15 views)

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/24/22, 11:10 AM   #26
BrentTFunk

Quote:
The promoter's pay the purse through gate money in EVERY series. For example, the World of Outlaws do not pay the racers at the King's Royal, and Knoxville Nationals, the tracks do. Not sure why you would think any sanctioning body does. The payout is great for a 1/4 mile track with pretty limited seating. I just hope everyone who says they want higher paying races supports it. It's the only way to let promoters know there is a market for higher paying races.

4 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, Grocery Guy, luckybuc97, PIT CART
6/24/22, 2:11 PM   #27
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
WOW can you believe this?!?!?! Potentially $35K for one race for one driver/team?!?!?! Wouldn't this be a record for a single race in USAC history??? Wow The O'Connor Family and USAC have flat out nailed it this time!!!! IF Smackdown wasn't the biggest and baddest Nonwing show of the year, it is now (already was anyway haha)!!!! To boot, us fans have a chance at $20K...wow...USAC haters talkin about money and purse all the time, what can you say to that??? I personally will never be able to thank Funk and The O'Connor's enough for getting me back into racing and they all know why, May of 2017, "skunk man" haha!!!! I already couldn't wait for Smackdown, now I definitely can't wait!!!! Only complaint about Smackdown, we only have a month or two after that before racing season is over in this part of the country!! Thank You to The O'Connor's and USAC for making this an even bigger more special show!!
Right here above junior.......................USAC has nothing to do with the payout, this is being done by a promoter doing the work and many other folks including race fans. In USAC's defense they set a minimum purse which is still quite healthy, but they have little control over whether or not a promoter chooses to exceed that minimum and payout more. That's all on a promoter.

Good for your enthusiasm, but give credit where credit is due and leave love or hate for USAC out of it.

6/24/22, 2:14 PM   #28
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
The promoter's pay the purse through gate money in EVERY series. For example, the World of Outlaws do not pay the racers at the King's Royal, and Knoxville Nationals, the tracks do. Not sure why you would think any sanctioning body does. The payout is great for a 1/4 mile track with pretty limited seating. I just hope everyone who says they want higher paying races supports it. It's the only way to let promoters know there is a market for higher paying races.

I know that. And like you, I hope it gets the support it deserves.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/24/22, 8:30 PM   #29
Vookie

Let's give Spridge and Jason McCord credit for coming up with the idea of the Smackdown.

https://www.kokomotribune.com/sports...4b5bba647.html
Last edited by Vookie; 6/24/22 at 8:40 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DirtTrackTherapy16J
6/25/22, 12:26 AM   #30
DirtTrackTherapy16J

[QUOTE=Vookie;553781]Let's give Spridge and Jason McCord credit for coming up with the idea of the Smackdown. We better not do not that Vookie...B99 says we cant give any credit to USAC lmfao...good call and good post Vookie.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 6/25/22 at 12:27 AM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KOKOMO SPEEDWAY - Big Smackdown news. $20,000 to win & MORE.