IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg usac indiana midget week results: 6/4/202
6/5/22, 12:36 PM   #11
Re: Usac: Lawrenceburg usac indiana midget week results: 6/4
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHayes818 View Post
And what time did the sprint feature push off?
Richie works for USAC who had nothing to do with the sprint car part of the evening. He's telling you USAC completed their part of the show at 9:57.

6/6/22, 9:56 AM   #12
kb78

The sprint car feature pushed off about 15 minutes after the Midget interviews were over, the extra water session was worth the wait if you ask me, watching everyone searching early and then ripping the cushion after the dust got blown off. I introduced myself to Charles and we talked for about five minutes, we agreed on several things and disagreed on a couple things and never once had to call each other an idiot like everyone seems to do online. I look forward to our next conversation.

Charles is right, enjoy Kofoid while he is here. Right now they have a car and a driver that are on point and no one is touching them. It was a good night for a Justin Grant fan, second in the midgets and a great run in the sprints to get the win. Emerson Axsom has a top notch team with great notes and he is only getting better and I always enjoy Logan Seavey.

I am not a fan of downtime but I don't think that the track had as much as people think, they spent alot of time cleaning up crashes and fluids last night and thats the way it goes sometimes.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
6/6/22, 10:03 AM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
The sprint car feature pushed off about 15 minutes after the Midget interviews were over, the extra water session was worth the wait if you ask me, watching everyone searching early and then ripping the cushion after the dust got blown off. I introduced myself to Charles and we talked for about five minutes, we agreed on several things and disagreed on a couple things and never once had to call each other an idiot like everyone seems to do online. I look forward to our next conversation.

Charles is right, enjoy Kofoid while he is here. Right now they have a car and a driver that are on point and no one is touching them. It was a good night for a Justin Grant fan, second in the midgets and a great run in the sprints to get the win. Emerson Axsom has a top notch team with great notes and he is only getting better and I always enjoy Logan Seavey.

I am not a fan of downtime but I don't think that the track had as much as people think, they spent alot of time cleaning up crashes and fluids last night and thats the way it goes sometimes.
Hey, it was great meeting you as well. Enjoyed the convo and I think part of our convo was on grant and dissagreing is fine.

By Contrast there was 70 minutes of Track prep at Tri State, the show got done about the same time Their time. Not a gripe, Just a observation but it's only a problem here.

6/6/22, 11:58 AM   #14
cmiracingvids

Lawrenceburg gets rough when they put a ton of water on it. USAC probably had a say in what kind of track they wanted. Especially with midgets. Personally, I thought the track was awesome. Watching “send it” sliders from entering turn 1 to mid turn 2 is as good as it gets. And watching guys tip toe that thin cushion in 2 was edge of your seat! The night got a little late, but I do think the wrecks had a lot to do with that. Only thing I didn’t understand was why they packed the water in for 5 minutes after putting it down. Could you have the race cars do that? Just push them off and let them run it in for 2 laps? But overall, great night of racing at The Burg!

6/6/22, 1:39 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
Lawrenceburg gets rough when they put a ton of water on it. USAC probably had a say in what kind of track they wanted. Especially with midgets. Personally, I thought the track was awesome. Watching “send it” sliders from entering turn 1 to mid turn 2 is as good as it gets. And watching guys tip toe that thin cushion in 2 was edge of your seat! The night got a little late, but I do think the wrecks had a lot to do with that. Only thing I didn’t understand was why they packed the water in for 5 minutes after putting it down. Could you have the race cars do that? Just push them off and let them run it in for 2 laps? But overall, great night of racing at The Burg!
I agree and you had a battle for second and third in the midgets with cars running sixty feet apart from one another one on the bottom, two up top.

I've seen burg awesome tacky, But you gotta get the water table down and the track packed in before it can be worked that way. Only two races and one set of hotlaps so far before the WoO show. It's almost like there's a spring in turn one when it's been real rainy. He kept it smooth and not rubbered down.

Eldora got famous from racing like that. Not the run around the bottom it is mostly now.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
6/6/22, 1:48 PM   #16
cmiracingvids

Side note. I left after the red in the sprint feature. What happened to Brady Bacon? I figured he had it wrapped up.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/6/22, 2:23 PM   #17
The Prodigy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
Side note. I left after the red in the sprint feature. What happened to Brady Bacon? I figured he had it wrapped up.
He hit the turn two wall and got a flat right front.

2 members like this post: cmiracingvids, tirespinner
6/6/22, 2:27 PM   #18
The Prodigy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I agree and you had a battle for second and third in the midgets with cars running sixty feet apart from one another one on the bottom, two up top.

I've seen burg awesome tacky, But you gotta get the water table down and the track packed in before it can be worked that way. Only two races and one set of hotlaps so far before the WoO show. It's almost like there's a spring in turn one when it's been real rainy. He kept it smooth and not rubbered down.

Eldora got famous from racing like that. Not the run around the bottom it is mostly now.
Are you sure you didn't hear about the underground spring from the promoter's wife on a Facebook video?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/6/22, 3:11 PM   #19
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
By Contrast there was 70 minutes of Track prep at Tri State, the show got done about the same time Their time. Not a gripe, Just a observation but it's only a problem here.
You are not allowed to question anything about Tri-State/Haubstadt Charles. It's the Holy Grail of all race tracks and can do no wrong.

6/6/22, 4:17 PM   #20
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
Are you sure you didn't hear about the underground spring from the promoter's wife on a Facebook video?
No, I've been going there since 1970. Turns one and two follow the original track outline and the hole was there before the new track. Putnamville does it in turn three sometimes both act the same way a soft spot where everything else is firm..

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg usac indiana midget week results: 6/4/202