IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway May 30th World of Outlaws!
6/1/22, 7:59 AM   #31
Re: Lawrenceburg Speedway May 30th World of Outlaws!

Scheduling is important with everything. None of the advertising said anything about the Nascar guys showing up. Only said Larson had won the previous year. Take those 3 out and the 10 to 12 All stars out of the mix, they only have 20 cars for the show. The track has done an excellent job getting the fans to show up. I have been to several good paying nonwing shows here. The crowds do not compare. Some of that comes back to scheduling.

6/1/22, 8:35 AM   #32
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
I must ask, is there anything USAC could ever do to put on a show like that? Or is that [butt.ugly] wing always going to separate the men from the boys?
I heard the fair board brought in brand new custom molded padded seating as well as special clay from the wet lands of western British Columbia just for the Outlaws that can only be worked by a sheeps foot with 24k gold tips. It requires a special moisture known as H4O2 so the ‘Burg replaced all their hoses on the water truck with softer ones made from Egyptian cotton. So as you can tell, other forms of racing never had a chance to be better than the Outlaws long before the concession stands were filled with a special recipe beer you can only get at one of their shows.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, BillyG, TQ29m
6/1/22, 8:41 AM   #33
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
I heard the fair board brought in brand new custom molded padded seating as well as special clay from the wet lands of western British Columbia just for the Outlaws that can only be worked by a sheeps foot with 24k gold tips. It requires a special moisture known as H4O2 so the ‘Burg replaced all their hoses on the water truck with softer ones made from Egyptian cotton. So as you can tell, other forms of racing never had a chance to be better than the Outlaws long before the concession stands were filled with a special recipe beer you can only get at one of their shows.
Please come over and tend to my garden

4 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, luckybuc97, racenut69, TNRustler
6/1/22, 9:16 AM   #34
BrentTFunk

Not sure if this is on or off topic, but Kyle Larson is running a midget at Granite City on Thursday night.

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, TNRustler
6/1/22, 9:59 AM   #35
Kart#51

A couple things to add here for thought:

1. The Outlaws come to town once a year. They are a novelty. They are not a commodity compared to the over saturation of USAC in Indiana. See them tonight or you wait 365 days. Supply/Demand

2. This was mentioned by Charles and he was spot on. SPEED. Speed matters. People like speed, its part of racing. Speed sells tickets and excitement especially there. The level of speed and precision in which those guys race at is unmatched. The sliders Logan threw at Sheldon were insane and each time Sheldon had that car turned on a moments notice and was heading under to take back the lead. Those sliders were fast and wicked. They were a moments notice when he sent them. That builds excitement and people are willing to pay the extra $ to see it as its a perceived value to them.

Call the Outlaws whatever you will, but they do provide a different type of product and people like it especially at Lawrenceburg.

7 members like this post: Blitzman, CB24, Clydesdale, dsc1600, erich45, Grocery Guy, PIT CART
6/2/22, 5:17 PM   #36
The Prodigy
Banned

I wanted to watch the feature but I didn't feel safe from all the rocks, me and the 2 people I was with all got hit in the face during the B main in turns 1 and 2, there were rocks all over the bleachers some of them were bigger than a bouncy ball I guarantee someone at that race had their eye put out!

6/2/22, 5:30 PM   #37
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Troll much?

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, racenut69
6/2/22, 5:31 PM   #38
The Prodigy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Troll much?
Talking about a dangerous situation makes me a troll?

6/2/22, 5:38 PM   #39
TQ29m

Too political for this site.

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, mc/rider, PIT CART
6/2/22, 5:43 PM   #40
TQ29m

Don't bother to say goodbye, you won't be here that long!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway May 30th World of Outlaws!