IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scott Ronk mad at live stream
5/23/22, 1:27 PM   #21
Re: Scott Ronk mad at live stream
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

For those of you that haven’t read the Twitter rant here you go.

https://mobile.twitter.com/scott_ron...rVrU7oimp4l9wg

3 members like this post: tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ29m
5/23/22, 1:30 PM   #22
openwheelfan1

My wife and I talked at length about driving the 4+ hrs to attend the shows at THAT. We even had our hotel room booked. But, after looking at what the weekend was going to cost us, the uncertainty of the weather and knowing that our monthly expenses are not likely to go down even though our 401K is, we opted to cancel our hotel and not travel to the races. I’ve been going to THAT for over 50 years, and my wife is a Terre Haute native. We would have loved to see the “new” THAT and support the new promoters, but the reality is we have to be smart with our decisions. Yes, we watched on Flo, but honestly, we would have made the same decision whether we had Flo or not. I’m sorry that the promotional team is upset with the race fans and their lack of support, but IMO, we’re going to see LOTS of empty seats this summer as Cost of Living continues to increase.

5/23/22, 2:20 PM   #23
cmiracingvids

IMO, a lot of these promoters and track owners need to shut up. Stay off social media and get to work. Don’t attack fans or drivers publicly! Without them you have nothing. You all need to realize that.

Saw in the twitter comments the promoter called a fans wife a princess cuz she didn’t like some restrooms at race tracks. Instead of saying, hey, maybe we should look into making our restrooms cleaner and being better than the others, he attacks her by calling her names.
That’s one way to go about it. But it ain’t the right way.

5/23/22, 2:58 PM   #24
Pancho Stapp

I don’t have any sympathy for em. Back in the day you could bring your beer and pop and sandwiches and bring everyone and enjoy the show. Then they decided to nickel and dime and quarter you to death by slowly banning everything trying to make more money off us. “Hey let’s ban beer”, “Hey no more coolers or carry in”. But every toter or rig has a loaded fridge or coolers along with microwaves or a grill but nobody checks them at the pit gate. Let’s put the squeeze on the fans and see how much they can take. What was nickel and dimes and quarters has turned into a 5,10, or $20 bill, throw in todays upside down economy and decisions have to be made. Tracks can be there own worst enemy!!

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, PIT CART, tirespinner
5/23/22, 3:01 PM   #25
opnwhlmnd

For him to lay some of the blame on Lauren Albano from Monster/NOS is hilarious (Monster Energy owns NOS Energy). She has done more for USAC and dirt racing in general the last few years that we could never thank her enough.

Scratch attending Terrible Hoax anymore this year for me. I deal with enough childish rants daily I don't need them at the races.

3 members like this post: Blitzman, racenut69, tirespinner
5/23/22, 3:06 PM   #26
Pancho Stapp

I really wanted to see the improved THAT but i had to work the weekend, mandatory overtime at my plant so i was grateful for Flo. But after this tantrum over their decision to race Sunday has left me debating if i should even visit the place at all.

2 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
5/23/22, 3:33 PM   #27
PJ Wright

When are people going to realize the danger of making a spur of the moment social media post? The THAT promoters have spent a bunch of money and had the track headed in the right direction but in an instant have wasted the goodwill and momentum they had going. I suspect at some point he'll apologize but it's going to be hard to overcome this and the current economic situation is going to make it even harder. I really do hope they find a way. Personally, I'm willing to give them a second chance.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

5 members like this post: erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
5/23/22, 4:12 PM   #28
TommyTipover

On the flip side, for years on this site there has been constant whining about rain outs, promoters not scheduling rain dates, etc. This promotor took a huge chance in pre-scheduling a rain date for this $10,000 to win event and was rewarded with "fans" sitting home on their couches. Nice job whiners!

5/23/22, 4:28 PM   #29
TQ29m

Social media plays way too much influence on some people, let's face it, we're not in to good of condition as a country right now, we're still in a pandemic state of mind, people and businesses are over loaded, costs of living go up daily, the weather is not good for any of us, but we have to get thru it, and keep our nation alive and free, I'm old school, and served my country, we need to remember how well off we are, people are overloading our country, attempting to find a better place, like our fore fathers did, but not following the same rules, I can't change what is, but we need to at least try, myself and my wife are in our mid 80s, and been married 60yrs, I'd like to see a few more years, but who knows that, just taking it one day at a time.
Last edited by TQ29m; 5/23/22 at 8:01 PM.

6 members like this post: jdull99, oppweld, PIT CART, sjracer26, tirespinner, TNRustler
5/23/22, 4:28 PM   #30
sw1911

The promoters agreed to or caused everything that happened that weekend except the weather. Don't try to act like a freaking victim. They should have been out there on the front stretch thanking the people that did attend. I was planning to travel to THAT several MORE times this year [that's an overnight trip] in lieu of much closer races. Have to rethink that.

If they had a lot of food to throw away they should have cooked it up on Sunday and given it away.

Oh by the way, the dust is still a problem. The wind carries it into the bleachers.
Last edited by sw1911; 5/23/22 at 4:31 PM.

3 members like this post: dalemo, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scott Ronk mad at live stream