IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg 4/23
4/24/22, 1:08 AM   #21
IndianaSprintFan

Promoters could help quite a bit with the tire shortage. Just saying.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/24/22, 1:53 AM   #22
badcoupe

Between their lack of track prep and how they treat many participants over their criticisms of lack of track prep they’re killing theirselves. Been praying for a new promoter for years or at least them to hire someone to do it. I know lots who won’t race there across all divisions due to this.

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
4/24/22, 6:46 AM   #23
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Always kinda loved that they say practice at six and racing at seven and most times are right on, But sometimes Packing the track hours before and just watering. here and there don't work.

I said that very question to myself when they started practice, This is just what they need with a tire shortage.

I had a good night, you guys put on good racin. But wait on packing the track, if ya need help let the cars pack a few laps.
There was no need to pack the track. It was never cut up from the week before

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
4/24/22, 8:48 AM   #24
Re: Burg 4/23
DaleDuBois

This looks like the beginning of the end for LPS if they don't change some things. To start with, the tire shortage. If not a sanctioned race, open tire rule in all classes. When I seen the track I knew they had just watered last weeks surface, tear up the track and start over. And what is this about paying for your quad to push your race can around. With a tire rule in all classes is nuts as most of these racers who race at LPS don't give a crap about the sanctions except the USAC sprints. So they should be running the mods, super stocks and bombers with out a tire rule as those that race LPS want to race without it costing big bucks for tires and the same for the sprints.

4/24/22, 9:27 AM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois View Post
This looks like the beginning of the end for LPS if they don't change some things. To start with, the tire shortage. If not a sanctioned race, open tire rule in all classes. When I seen the track I knew they had just watered last weeks surface, tear up the track and start over. And what is this about paying for your quad to push your race can around. With a tire rule in all classes is nuts as most of these racers who race at LPS don't give a crap about the sanctions except the USAC sprints. So they should be running the mods, super stocks and bombers with out a tire rule as those that race LPS want to race without it costing big bucks for tires and the same for the sprints.

Not trying to be mean, But PAY ATTENTION! This isn't about LPS

3 members like this post: Milly, PJ Wright, TQ29m
4/24/22, 9:43 AM   #26
DaleDuBois

If it fits, use it.

4/24/22, 11:07 AM   #27
Charles Nungester

Going to say a couple things, Can't speak for anyone else and some just want to bad mouth.

Can't defend and will not the track, it was abrasive and IMHO like others said, Just not worked the way it should be. Best that track ever is is after a hard rain on raceday You could see it even before they hot lapped with dust on top of it.
Wish for better track prep myself. I kinda get it, Keeping the track packed allows for iffy weather running. But in the case like yesterday. It should have been ripped at noon. Soaked several times and start packing at 430 (Yeah I've never done it) and there was a wind that may have made all that moot anyway.

Another thing needs addressed is the stands need a good scrubbing. Bottom of handrails etc.

Now for the truth as I see it. The promoters have never been nothing but nice to me. Nice to our car club. Nice to the community I've seen them help racers in tons of ways, To getting a car in a hauler with a broke elevator lift to paying out when a car couldn't take the green. To starting everyone instead of running a consi to eliminate two cars. To running when most tracks would have called it on forecast alone. To running when it rained all around the track but not there. To running when it thunderstorm at 3pm (Several times) To letting rigs in early vs .

The track has the best safety team within 500 miles of Indy period, Not knocking any others, But they are stellar, trained, track has helicopter access if needed. The safety team helps promote, back and helps elsewhere when they can.. track is well staffed, Huge variety of food.

I hear all the talk, Not sure anyone else put in bids, I know at least once there were no competing bids. And it would probably take half a million in equipment both track and concession leases to open it back up if it closed.

I like the track. Even slick, it's fast vs 30mph corners of a short dry slickie. I can see the run around the bottom type racing at a dozen tracks in a dozen type of classes A sprint, And even Mods ripping the lip is my kinda action.

So don't say I can't be critical.

I support it because I love it. Like I said they've been nothing short of great to me and most I know.

Work the track better
The end.

4/24/22, 11:30 AM   #28
cmiracingvids

Sooo…who won??

4/24/22, 12:03 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
Sooo…who won??
Go back a page or two.

But
Boespflug
kendall
Moffatt
Abrams
Bodine.

Barr ran great but tagged the wall. Got back out but wasn't able to go good with bent birdcage.
Cling was fast but couldn't keep the car under him (Not the only one)

Id say Boespflug may have been the fourth fastest car there but stayed smooth. kept the car under him and won from sixth. Also got the BC hard charger.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/24/22 at 12:04 PM.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, cmiracingvids
4/24/22, 12:13 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois View Post
If it fits, use it.
Burg don't charge to use a quad.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg 4/23