IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Another USAC event W/O Gulick
5/12/13, 5:29 PM   #21
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Yes, I do hate Kevin, but when I met him I told him he would fire me because he would not understand what it took to do my job.

Yes, i did rip off my shirt at Vernon and quit!

2 month later I was offered (by USAC) a full time job in charge of racing operations, but was not interested in giving up my other career. So, Jason Smith called me asking that I try to mend some fences between him and Mr. Capels (JS had started the PRA and JC felt that was in competition to USAC). So, when a friend calls asking a favor, a stand up guy does what he can. The plan was we would work at USAC.... Some people have faults, mine was trusting a friend! A friend that needed a job!

Maybe there is a gap in your memory as I worked for 3 yrs. after that short 2 month vacation from USAC.

And to clear up the point of being fired, was lied to by my "friend" when the rumor started that I was being replaced... was assured that would never happen... well some people make a lifetime of not telling the truth.... but i say i was fired, I guess the term could be my services have not been needed, as no one that works on west 16th street has actually taken the time to pick up the phone and tell m after 34 yrs. of service that I was being replaced....

The point of this thread was not about me, just telling the truth on how thing were handled when i worked at USAC. The rule 10.3 was mentioned...I simply told the truth on how things were handled in the past...

There are a lot of people that never get a insight into how things are done sometimes, if it involves the management team at USAC, I like to tell what i know... Kind of my way of saying "up yours" to the guy that hasn't the stones to reply to an e-mail, or to the friend that put the knife in my back... Is my opinion biased...absolutely....but unlike my lost friend...i don't need to lie!

i
And now we know the rest of the story

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: dirtfan98
5/12/13, 6:24 PM   #22
Re: Another USAC event W/O Gulick
Morgan7m

My Father would do same to me for as long as he saw fit, and that may be a long time. He knew that this would be to my benefit in the long run of life. It takes discipline in everything we do to be successful in little. If Mr. Gulick is the one that has set his foot down and is implementing discipline, I applaud him. I am hoping this is the case. To many parents now days give in, and in doing this allows a good kid not to reach their full potential because of the lack of direction and discipline. I do not know Coleman personally but have watched him race against my cars for years. Coleman has great potential to be successful in life and I hope that any and all discipline that he receives makes him the man that he is meant to be.

4 members like this post: cope42, Jerry Shaw, luckybuc97, racephoto1
5/12/13, 6:42 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Id of had my ass beat by Bob Kinser and then by my dad, Happened with Teachers quite often. We had a neighbor even my folks didn't get along with but at Sixteen I flipped them the bird in the front yard. Man did I get whooped.

He explained afterwords that Yes they are the enemy but don't stoop to their level.

Back on topic now
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/12/13 at 6:43 PM.

5 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge, racephoto1, randy j, Xflagman
5/12/13, 8:24 PM   #24
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
don't know what mma is/ but boxing has rules, fighting is not permitted in football (period) and is penalized in hockey (for a hot minute or two) but there is no need for fighting in motor sports, for one thing, most drivers are small of stature but several are not (if we allow bullying, pushing punching and kicking to rule; then who's gonna enjoy racing?) its easy to get caught up with emotion in motorsports, but if you can't deal with and control your emotions and temper, then join the toothless canooks on the ice and stay out of a racecar (although i do recal at least one gentleman who did play professional hockey and raced supermods, but as i recal he was a gentleman within the racing coomunity half of his life at least)

Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe I should stay out of this thread like I have so far, but your post about one gentleman who did play professional hockey and race supermods has be wondering if you are referring to Andy Brown. If so you must not have been at Oswego the night Andy was so mad he couldn't get anyone to open the gate to let him up in the tower to dicuss a decision he was unhappy with, so he tried climbing the outside of the metal frame work to get up to the tower. You may be thinking of someone other than Andy but he is the only hockey player/supermod racer that I ever saw race that made it to professional hockey that I was aware. The nickname I knew him by was Animal Andy Brown and he sure showed his animal instincts that night at Oswego Speedway.

I do know Coleman and his family, I think Coleman is a good little racer and he comes from a wonderful family. I have not talked to Coleman or his family since the race in question so as I said I will stay out of adding any comments.

What I will add is an event that took place at Oswego Speedway last night, since I wasn't there let's hope I have my facts straight. Otto Sitterly and Dave Gruel came together 65 laps into the feature sending Gruel spinning out and Sitterly able to continue on, the signal was given to both cars to restart at the rear of the field, Sitterly refused to go to the rear pulled his car up to the start finish line climbed out and left the car there. Needless to say pictures found there way onto facebook comparing these actions to Nascar racing, alot of bantering about the call to put Sitterly to the rear was wrong found it's way onto facebook and some people went as far as to call for the race director to be replaced. Again I am not going to add any of my own thoughts about what happend last night to this thread. I wasn't there!!!

Maybe that is my point, alot of things posted on IOW about Coleman, on facebook last night about Oswego Speedway and on twitter and other Nascar social media sights after some of the fighting that has taken place in Nascar this season were being posted by a huge number of people that weren't even at the event they were posting about. Social media in my book is great when we want race results for an event we can't be at but sure can be detrimental at a time of controversy.

Davey Hamilton won the 75 lap Oswego Speedway regular season opener by the way. Congrats Davey!!!!
Last edited by IndyBound; 5/12/13 at 10:30 PM.

5/12/13, 8:30 PM   #25
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I like and respect your style Patti

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
5/12/13, 9:33 PM   #26
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Yes, I do hate Kevin, but when I met him I told him he would fire me because he would not understand what it took to do my job.

Yes, i did rip off my shirt at Vernon and quit!

2 month later I was offered (by USAC) a full time job in charge of racing operations, but was not interested in giving up my other career. So, Jason Smith called me asking that I try to mend some fences between him and Mr. Capels (JS had started the PRA and JC felt that was in competition to USAC). So, when a friend calls asking a favor, a stand up guy does what he can. The plan was we would work at USAC.... Some people have faults, mine was trusting a friend! A friend that needed a job!

Maybe there is a gap in your memory as I worked for 3 yrs. after that short 2 month vacation from USAC.

And to clear up the point of being fired, was lied to by my "friend" when the rumor started that I was being replaced... was assured that would never happen... well some people make a lifetime of not telling the truth.... but i say i was fired, I guess the term could be my services have not been needed, as no one that works on west 16th street has actually taken the time to pick up the phone and tell m after 34 yrs. of service that I was being replaced....

The point of this thread was not about me, just telling the truth on how thing were handled when i worked at USAC. The rule 10.3 was mentioned...I simply told the truth on how things were handled in the past...

There are a lot of people that never get a insight into how things are done sometimes, if it involves the management team at USAC, I like to tell what i know... Kind of my way of saying "up yours" to the guy that hasn't the stones to reply to an e-mail, or to the friend that put the knife in my back... Is my opinion biased...absolutely....but unlike my lost friend...i don't need to lie!

i
OK Bill since this post is about a driver not racing last night, explain to me how rule 10.3 prohibits him from racing KISS races or tonights show at Kokomo. I always liked working with you when you worked for USAC, but I can't lie to you, if you whined working for me the way you whine on this board, I would have fired you too.
Your constant complaing doesn't make your case. It makes you kind of pathetic. I think your legacy would be better remembered as a good official, than another internet crybaby.

5/12/13, 9:40 PM   #27
johnnythunderhead
Banned

yes, i believe andy brown was the guy i was thinking of (i couldn't recall his name) i always dug me some supermodified racin, what with living most of my life in n/e ohio i made it up to oswego a couple times, but was pretty much religated to sandusky, lorain co. and a couple at mansfield , a couple more at midvale and toledo (and of course winchester; i'd say mansfield was the best track for supermodsified racing ever, but unfortunately it sits quietly shuttled) I too hope to see coleman back on the track/ and i hope the elderly man is alright (i haven't heard anything in regards to his well being? nor to who he is, or to the facts of what all happened, of which i'm sure there would be two sides)

Posted via Mobile Device

5/12/13, 10:38 PM   #28
IndyBound

Andy Brown was a colorful racer as well as hockey player, if my mind hasn't failed me I believe Andy was the last professional goalie to play with an open face mask. I sure enjoyed watching him race a super.

Patti

1 member likes this post: Bruce Harrison
5/12/13, 10:50 PM   #29
ossuks

Seems you like to comment on anything I post Brent, you also seem to think I give 2 @@@@s what my legacy is. Been gone 2 years and there are 30% of last nights field that don't even know me, and 70% that could care less, they show up and race, then they go down the road. The rest of my life is in front of me, not much on the ego thing... But, I would invite you to call me names in person or at least pm me and let me know who you are, and if Brent Funk is your real name, excuse me for not having a clue who you are!

5/12/13, 10:51 PM   #30
reeserx

I know one thing, I do miss seeing that 14 hang it high and banging away on the cushion. Certainly one of my favorite drivers. I hope he can put that event past him and come back and sling some dirt.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: BrandonT30, IndyBound, Onlydirt, speed bump
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Another USAC event W/O Gulick