IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Picture of the Day, 10 May 2013
5/10/13, 9:00 AM   #11
Re: Picture of the Day, 10 May 2013
Joe@ScaleSprints

GAS CITY 4/26/13

7 members like this post: agar, davidm, luckybuc97, Mud Packer, racegal, racing2bwithu2, ronmil
5/10/13, 9:00 AM   #12
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
Do you ever take any shots of nonwinged cars or what ?
Every once in a while. As Chris (and others) have stated. Stay tuned. That or go back a couple of weeks. Any time I shoot a new race, that week's "Pictures" are from that event. I try to stay current if I can.
Last edited by cmakin; 5/10/13 at 9:02 AM.

2 members like this post: apexonephoto, davidm
5/10/13, 9:02 AM   #13
Morgan7m

To all IOW photographers, THANK YOU!! It does not matter to me whether you post a wing or nonwing sprint car, dirt or pavement, a midget or a super modified. I love to view your work every morning. This is the very first thread I look at every morning and I do it with excitement and anticipation, like many others. Keep up the great work and we appreciate the sacrifices you make of going and taking these pictures as well as the time you sacrifice daily to post them for us. You will never hear me complain about what type or whose car you post. All I can say is “THANK YOU”!!
Ray Morgan
Ray Morgan Motorsports
Terre Haute, IN

5/10/13, 9:03 AM   #14
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan7m View Post
To all IOW photographers, THANK YOU!! It does not matter to me whether you post a wing or nonwing sprint car, dirt or pavement, a midget or a super modified. I love to view your work every morning. This is the very first thread I look at every morning and I do it with excitement and anticipation, like many others. Keep up the great work and we appreciate the sacrifices you make of going and taking these pictures as well as the time you sacrifice daily to post them for us. You will never hear me complain about what type or whose car you post. All I can say is “THANK YOU”!!
Ray Morgan
Ray Morgan Motorsports
Terre Haute, IN
Oh, I could make you complain. Remember, I shoot a lot of pure stocks, too. . . . .

DSC_3378 by cmakin, on Flickr
Last edited by cmakin; 5/10/13 at 9:04 AM. Reason: Sarcasm.

6 members like this post: agar, davidm, Morgan7m, racegal, racing2bwithu2, ronmil
5/10/13, 9:08 AM   #15
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
I'm in the same boat too! We don't even get winged sprints except on a rare occasion! I just imagine them with out the wing and they look just fine!
I hear the only thing they race up your way is winged snowmobiles....YEAR ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Susan, I couldn't resist. Hope to see you soon.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: racegal
5/10/13, 9:22 AM   #16
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
I hear the only thing they race up your way is winged snowmobiles....YEAR ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Susan, I couldn't resist. Hope to see you soon.
We do have some grass sprouting! Too bad tomorrow it will probably be covered in snow!!

5/10/13, 9:27 AM   #17
Hamby812

I really enjoy all the pictures guys! Check them out daily. I will admit I enjoy the ones that follow the theme(same number) better . Keep up the good work I don't care if its winged, non winged, midgets, or golf carts haha. If its on dirt and goes in circles I'm in!

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: apexonephoto, Morgan7m, racegal, RadRacer, ronmil, Speedwrench
5/10/13, 9:48 AM   #18
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
Oh, I could make you complain. Remember, I shoot a lot of pure stocks, too. . . . .

All kidding aside, I shoot a lot of different classes of race cars because I really do enjoy them all. Last year I shot everything from "Eco Stocks" to Indy cars, supermodifieds, sprints and everything in between except for NASCAR. Funny thing is, the folks that complain about me not giving equal respect are the Eco Stock guys. Go figure. Still doesn't stop me from shooting them if I am there for a weekly show and they are participating. At least at my "home" tracks.

1 member likes this post: racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Picture of the Day, 10 May 2013