IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wanted Driver for USAC Races
5/6/13, 6:36 PM   #51
Re: Wanted Driver for USAC Races
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

1 member likes this post: Ty
5/6/13, 8:36 PM   #52
4wheelsinthekoosh

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
5/6/13, 9:06 PM   #53
racephoto1

Run the Horstman brothers. The last guy I know to come out of wings and come run without them here was this one.

IMG_9717 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

and he didn't do to bad.

1 member likes this post: racing2bwithu2
5/6/13, 9:37 PM   #54
TQ97

Posted via Mobile Device

5/6/13, 9:58 PM   #55
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
Yeah, because he knew the right people. For surely it didn't have anything to do with him winning in EVERYTHING he strapped into.
I agree, but isn't it a little hard to "win in EVERYTHING he strapped into" if he isn't strapped in; in the first place?

2 members like this post: dirttrackdiva3c, racephoto1
5/6/13, 10:41 PM   #56
Stuckwieser

Last edited by Stuckwieser; 5/6/13 at 11:27 PM. Reason: .

5/6/13, 11:05 PM   #57
Gene Franckowiak

Jerry is correct on several points. Josh did call me so that makes 3 guys who found time to call for free engines. I did not respond to Josh, which if any of you out there know me...that is not my style so since i travel both in the USA and internationally, I might have to think I was away from home on business and possibly out of the country.

Where I feel Jerry is wrong is that I did not have to be reminded that I bought a car from Josh.....I was sitting on it while I was talking to him. I remebered then and now. It was a great car at a very fair price and I sold it to Pancho's Racing Parts for 400 bucks and they sold it to JR Berry for more than that....see my memory is very good.

I do not recall telling Josh he was unprofessional and needed to learn anything.....I responded in more detail to Jerry via PM on this because I don't want to get into it on here about something that happened so long ago.

However, if that is how Jerry remembers it or Josh told him, I respect their opinion as everyone is entitled to their opinion.....and won't argue with him....so that being said.....I guess the Spencers and myself won't be going to dinner anytime soon.

3 members like this post: griffithracing, Morgan7m, SOROKACH35FAN
5/6/13, 11:19 PM   #58
Gene Franckowiak

One thing no one is accounting for is the fact that all parties involved can be nice people, honest people, hard working people.....just as in life....not everyone clicks in racing either. There are people who absolutely love a person...and the same amout of people do not like that same person....my driver, Dave Ely and I have been together fort just short of 12 years and I believe this is my 3rd year with Hunter....so I would say that I have a pretty stable team......other owners run through drivers....who knows why but it happens. It dooesn't necessarly refelct badly on the owner or driver...sometimes if the hand doesn't feel right, you gotta shuffle the deck again and hope for a better hand. I would say that the only reason we don't see more shuffling of drivers is that there is a real shortage of car owners and with the current cost of fielding a car, the existing car owners are hesitant to hire an inexperienced driver and give him a shot....they simply can't afford to roll the dice.

3 members like this post: Morgan7m, Rpracing1, SOROKACH35FAN
5/7/13, 1:55 AM   #59
RGardner

CShuman for pres!!!

5 members like this post: BrianD, cshuman, fish, gunslinger, Ty
5/7/13, 11:56 AM   #60
Morgan7m

This thread has gotten so out of control that it’s now like a comic strip and I’m surprised that Bill has not “Deleted” this thread like he does some others that are supposedly not up to "his" standards. I guess it’s because it’s not about a driver, just car owners. You know, guys that furnish everything from engines to complete cars and fund teams, are the guys with what some of us call “Skin in the game”. Gene and Don both have hard earned “skin in the game” in Sprint Car racing. It looks like very few of you, if any, even know either of these men. Fortunately I do, and I have for a period of time, having been in business discussions with both as well as major racing discussions. I have even spent the weekend with Don & Suellen at their home in the south. Both of these men LOVE Sprint Car racing. I wish more of you that are posting on this thread would be able to give to this sport like these two. Believe me, that I try my very best to (having a complete wing team as well as a major investor in a nonwing team), but the two that you are bashing are doing thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars more than myself.

Don and Gene are two totally different individuals with extremely successful businesses that also advance our sport with their involvement. I would suggest that we let these two men hash out their differences of opinion at the way they go about their involvement in racing. If we did this, this thread would have died on page 3. If you don’t truly know who it is, and the character they have, and your posting either positive or negative things about them, then it’s wrong to post. You’re posting on what is written or their written opinion and not on who they truly are.

Gene, you mentioned the couple of drivers that contacted you about your motors but you left us car owners out. I am one of those car owners that would have loved to have teamed up with you and joined in your success. Thank you for investing your time and wisdom into me, over the last couple of years.

Don, as you and Suellen can remember, you invited me down for the weekend and provided great hospitality, and I appreciate that. We discussed your Biobased business as well as any possibility of partnering in racing. We had good discussions on both topics. Thank you for investing your time discussing opportunities.

Everyone: both of these men are professional and not rude in any way. They are both highly opinionated and go after what they want in life. I appreciate their detremination and strong opinions. Again, if you do not know these two individuals on a first name basis, and truly know who they are and their accomplishments, you definitely don’t know their character which is the most important part of a person. Bash both or glorify both of them if you want, but you probably don’t know what you are talking about or what goes on behind the scenes that cannot be seen from the stands. Here is where everyone is missing out.

The one thing about both of these men, is that they are both self made and very successful business men, that love to be involved in Sprint Car racing in a major way. They are intelligent enough to speak their minds and get everyone acting like they know who they are and then sit back in amazement.

Good work, guys!! I am blessed to have dealt with both of you and I look to keep these relationships for many years. Good luck to both of you, in winning Championships in your respective Series. I look forward to doing business with you both in the future as well as racing with and against you in spirited competition. I wish you both continued success. Also, if neither of you are in the area, let’s do dinner, since others don’t seem to want enjoy your company.

Ray Morgan
Ray Morgan Motorsports
Terre Haute In.
Wing Sprint Car: Morgan / O’Donley 7m (currently racing weekly at Knoxville)
Non-wing Sprint Car: Daron Clayton 92

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wanted Driver for USAC Races