IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The rumor mill...
3/1/13, 12:15 PM   #21
Re: The rumor mill...
racenut69

Cowboy Up! I would love to see him in a Midget at Belle-Clair,IL in a few weeks! Just not sure if the fences could hold him!
Last edited by racenut69; 3/1/13 at 12:25 PM.

2 members like this post: billwill7, sw1911
3/2/13, 7:55 PM   #22
barny oldfeller

come on this kid is a real crowd pleaser, he always gives 110%, you can't help but notice him cause he's ever on the gas and on the rim and everybody loves him/ i can't think of a better investment for a sponsor so come on people, if you love motor sports and have $ to spend for advertising, get the biggest bang for your buck!

2 members like this post: rdzsprint, Stephen Cording
3/3/13, 10:47 AM   #23
TommyBahama

Daron,

What would you estimate the cost of a per night sponsorship to be? I've got some mad money and enjoy watching you race. If I'm going to a race and your schedule is open maybe i can be a sponsor for a few nights this year?

Posted via Mobile Device

3/3/13, 1:57 PM   #24
Relentless Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama View Post
Daron,

What would you estimate the cost of a per night sponsorship to be? I've got some mad money and enjoy watching you race. If I'm going to a race and your schedule is open maybe i can be a sponsor for a few nights this year?

Posted via Mobile Device
I sent you a PM Tommy sounds great!

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, Morgan7m
3/4/13, 8:29 PM   #25
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Daron,

Posted via Mobile Device
Tommy, What track & what night? I may have a little mad money myself, Maybe we can get enough fans W/some mad money, pick the track and have some fun. Just an idea!

3 members like this post: billwill7, Morgan7m, racenut69
3/4/13, 9:02 PM   #26
racephoto1

Only place to have a bash is at Tri State. He is THE favorite there.

4 members like this post: luckybuc97, Morgan7m, racenut69, rclaridge
3/4/13, 9:10 PM   #27
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Only place to have a bash is at Tri State. He is THE favorite there.
Thats what I'm talking about, I got $500.00 Who's with me????

4 members like this post: 3wide, Morgan7m, racenut69, Relentless Racing
3/5/13, 12:56 AM   #28
TommyBahama

Daron sent me a great message luckybuc97, I'd love to help him some, I just have to see how much of my hard earned money Obama confiscates. I'm partial to Kokomo and Gas City, haven't made it down to Tri State, that will require an overnight stay and I've got Dad commitments that have kept me from going. We will see, I'd pay extra to see Daron race, so might as well give it directly to him than the promoter.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, Morgan7m
3/6/13, 7:28 AM   #29
racenut69

You owe it to yourself to see a SHOW at Haubstadt!!! JMO!...
Quote:
Daron sent me a great message luckybuc97, I'd love to help him some, I just have to see how much of my hard earned money Obama confiscates. I'm partial to Kokomo and Gas City, haven't made it down to Tri State, that will require an overnight stay and I've got Dad commitments that have kept me from going. We will see, I'd pay extra to see Daron race, so might as well give it directly to him than the promoter.

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: billwill7, crow, DWX 9929, luckybuc97, Morgan7m, sw1911
3/10/13, 8:10 PM   #30
Morgan7m

To All “Modern Day Cowboy” Fans, Sponsors and Potential Supporters:

I want to enlighten you on my experiences from last season of partnering with Daron and bringing a top quality individual back out to the tracks to do the two things he does best. 1) Win 2) Put on great shows for the fans.

First off, I want to say that my fiancé and I had a fantastic time being partnered with Daron and his wife and daughter. We look for another great year with him again this 2013 season. I am an Engineer by trade and it only took me a few minutes working with Daron on the car to realize that he is an Engineer without an official degree. If he had not decided early in life to become a professional racer, he would be a success in anything he attempted because of his work ethic, determination and intelligence but especially as a Mechanical Engineer.

I was impressed every night after the races whether we won or lost. Daron rates up there with the best in the sport, not only as a driver, but one that takes all the time necessary to accommodate the fans. He is great with the adults but even better with the kids, kneeling down to talk to them one on one and makes sure they get their picture taken with him and signing autographs if they want. Our pits were usually packed after the races no matter if we won or tore it up.

What most people don’t understand about last season is that our team was one of the lowest budgeted team at the track. I had lost my job with Sony DADC, Feb 1, 2012 when 5,000 others worldwide lost theirs also. So, I could help out some financially but not nearly as much as I would have liked. I brought a top quality motor and spares as well as help hands-on with the car. I can tell you that he has everything it takes to win a Championship in any series he decides. He just needs financial and product support to accomplish his goals.

I reviewed our statistics yesterday from last season and I was extremely happy with the numbers that I found. Daron and I partnered for 13 races in 2012. In the 13 race events Daron won 4 which is a 31% win rate. Amazing!!! These 13 races included a Fast Time on the first night of the Kokomo Smackdown, a win at Terre Haute USAC Sprint Weeks and the $10K MSCS/USAC Haubstadt Hustler. After reviewing these 13 races, I see that 2 additional USAC wins eluded us when we were a top contender. With just a little luck when we needed it, Osky and the MSCS/USAC Lawrenceburg, we would have been at a win rate of 46%. We know as a team that this is where we should have been. This kind of win rate is our goal for the 2013 season. Just think about that, 31% win rate and a total crowd pleaser, on the lowest budget at the track. What could he accomplish with a top USAC budget?

You will not regret stepping up and helping Daron, I sure don’t , and I look forward to doing whatever I can to help him get to the Winners Circle as often as he can this coming season. Thank you all, who have stepped up to the plate last season and already this 2013 season. You support is appreciated by the entire team and all of the “Modern Day Cowboy” Fans.

Ray Morgan
Ray Morgan Motorsports
Terre Haute In.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The rumor mill...