IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mc/rider (Offline)
  #1 11/21/22 12:16 PM
Going faster than breath mints at a singles bar

When in doubt Gas It
13 Likes: Chief Wahoo, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, K92, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, oppweld, racenut69, SpfldMile, tirespinner, wallbanger II, WinglessLovers
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #2 11/21/22 2:13 PM
Stuck to the track like a turtle on the Texas Turnpike!

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
9 Likes: Chief Wahoo, erich45, K92, kevincrum, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, racenut69, SpfldMile, tirespinner
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #3 11/21/22 7:30 PM
"That just lit his fuse"! 🏁
2 Likes: racenut69, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #4 11/21/22 8:22 PM
Let me be the first to pressure USAC to retain Chet for next season if they have not done so already.
21 Likes: bighd0522, Bill Angel, Bobv, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, cornerthree, erich45, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, K92, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, openwheelfan1, racenut69, Rcar, skids59, tirespinner, TNRustler, Will Shunk
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 11/21/22 9:31 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Let me be the first to pressure USAC to retain Chet for next season if they have not done so already.
Seconded! I can listen to him several times a week and enjoy it He's got a lot of isms and manages to put them into play at the right moment. The only ism I think he overuses is Shegrin.

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, openwheelfan1
wildman92 (Offline)
  #6 11/21/22 11:12 PM
Maybe it’s just an “end of year” thing but lately I’ve found his constant quips and -isms to be a little annoying. No need to work something funny in every single lap. Just call the dang race.

Again, could just be me….I also find Johnny Gibson highly annoying, which I know I’m in an extremely small minority there. 😬

Jen Kelley (she/her)
2 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
Dale (Offline)
  #7 11/22/22 6:46 AM
...like a mouse in tennis shoes...
Bill Angel (Offline)
  #8 11/22/22 8:51 AM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
Maybe it’s just an “end of year” thing but lately I’ve found his constant quips and -isms to be a little annoying. No need to work something funny in every single lap. Just call the dang race.

Again, could just be me….I also find Johnny Gibson highly annoying, which I know I’m in an extremely small minority there. 😬
I'm with you on Johnny Gibson but I would rather hear Chet do a race than any announcer I've listened to.
14 Likes: AustinSprinter, bighd0522, Charles Nungester, cornerthree, erich45, interpreter66, luckybuc97, oldfan49, openwheelfan1, racenut69, skids59, tirespinner, TQ97, WinglessLovers
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 11/22/22 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Angel:
I'm with you on Johnny Gibson but I would rather hear Chet do a race than any announcer I've listened to.
And if you watched when he wasn't doing USAC, He was just as knowledgeable on the street stocks as he was the sprints.

Marshalltown IA for one. I used to love the Eldora Stock cars as well. I think some promoters are missing the boat.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: flagboy55, interpreter66
revjimk (Offline)
  #10 11/22/22 1:47 PM
Is this a live announcer or the guy on Flo?