IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #1 6/16/22 2:01 PM
I’m still planning on making the nine hour jaunt to Husets for the USAC Nationals. I’ve not done any research yet but I figured I would get some help from my fellow race fan’s on IOW. Any recommendation for hotels and restaurants close to the track? Maybe a local brewery? Thanks
7 Likes: 1021gpa, bighd0522, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Kydehart, Quantrill, tirespinner
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #2 6/16/22 3:34 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I’ve not done any research yet but I figured I would get some help from my fellow race fan’s on IOW. Any recommendation for hotels and restaurants close to the track? Maybe a local brewery? Thanks
Two hotels in Brandon SD Holiday Inn Express or Quality Inn both are fine.

Last year fans and racers hung out at 212 Boiling Point Bar and Grill which is mile or so from track or at Tailgator's Tavern which is walking distance from either hotel.

Local Breweries are in Sioux Falls.

If you like to camp away from track Big Sioux State Recreation Area is across Hwy from track about a half mile. It was sold out during race last year.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #3 6/16/22 7:39 PM
There’s a Hoseheads post on the WoO show in June which has some ideas for things to do during the day in the area.

https://hoseheadforums.com/forum.cfm?ThreadID=117740
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
wildman92 (Offline)
  #4 6/16/22 9:26 PM
Check out Falls Park in Sioux City. Really cool park with several waterfalls. If you’re lucky like we were last year, the Air Force base close by will be doing drills or touch n go’s. Super cool to see the jets fly right over the park. Even without that, our trip to Falls Park was worth it.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, mc/rider, racenut69, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #5 6/17/22 1:37 AM
https://www.212boilingpoint.com

Thank me later
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #6 6/18/22 8:34 AM
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I hopefully will see some of you out there
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #7 6/18/22 2:13 PM
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau:
https://www.212boilingpoint.com

Thank me later
Since I posted about the same place a day before you shouldn't they thank me later?

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
PIT CART (Online)
  #8 6/24/22 1:23 PM
I am here for the outlaws this weekend and definitely recommend boiling point 212. Tailgaters is nice also.
Also the track is amazing very friendly staff and hard working.
ginblueearth (Offline)
  #9 6/24/22 7:20 PM
I don't know if you have checked yet . But for whatever reason hotels in the Sioux Fall Brandon area . Are very expensive sadly between the cost hotel , gas and tickets and food . I will probably have to stay home this year I was really looking forward to it.
PIT CART (Online)
  #10 6/24/22 7:22 PM
Yes the price of hotels is outrageous.