IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wrtracing (Offline)
  #1 1/2/22 3:04 PM
Has anyone heard an announcement about what will be going on at THAT this year? The rumors I heard a couple of months ago were that Track Enterprises and Bob Sargent would no longer be the promoters and that a soon to be announced promoter would be releasing the new schedule for the track. I also heard there would be many improvements to the facility. I did see that USAC has it on its sprint car schedule on multiple days. If this information was released, I missed it. Can anyone help out?

Thanks!

WRT

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley
6 Likes: bighd0522, Grocery Guy, ISF, jdull99, luckybuc97, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #2 1/2/22 6:41 PM
Nothing outside of the Silver Crown race May 1 and the USAC Sprint car races May 20, 21 and July 27 announced by USAC. I was hopeful there would have been a formal announcement of the new promoters and a schedule for 2022 by now.
4 Likes: bighd0522, Grocery Guy, ISF, tirespinner
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #3 1/4/22 10:32 AM
One thing they need fit sure is a new PA system. It’s been bad the last few years and and no improvements to it at all. You can barely hear it under the covered grandstand

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, sw1911, tirespinner
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #4 1/4/22 10:58 AM
This from as reliable a source as you can get! “Announcement will be made shortly” I think everyone will be very happy and the Action Track will be in good hands!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, oppweld, PJ Wright, tirespinner
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #5 1/4/22 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
This from as reliable a source as you can get! “Announcement will be made shortly” I think everyone will be very happy and the Action Track will be in good hands!
I'd agree with that.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #6 1/4/22 6:33 PM
I heard the track may look a little more like Knoxville this year. If they can get the fairboard to reinvest in the track that's great. That would be the biggest obstacle. I am ready to get back there. Wish them nothing but good luck. Thanks to Bob Sargent and his team for all their hard work the last few years.
11 Likes: Blackduce, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, GlobalSpeedway Tours, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, PJ Wright, TBONE, tirespinner
wrtracing (Offline)
  #7 1/4/22 7:01 PM
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
I think the best news we could hear would be: Sarge is back!

WRT

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley
3 Likes: kcarm92, progressive22, tirespinner
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #8 1/4/22 7:03 PM
Amen on the sound system. Been saying that for a few years now. You can barely hear in the stands off the 4th turn. Was always wondering where the $5 parking fee revenue was going. Let's hope into the track and not for a barn repair. If race fans pay it, we should see some improvements.

You're right Brent.....we need to thank Bob and Track Enterprises for all the great races they've promoted the last several years.
5 Likes: Indy1808, oppweld, rimrider69, sprinter14, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 1/4/22 9:08 PM
I personally thing this whole who it is thing is ridiculous. If someone has it and dates are set, WTH is the hold up with saying so?

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: bighd0522, PIT CART, progressive22
racefan20 (Offline)
  #10 1/4/22 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I personally thing this whole who it is thing is ridiculous. If someone has it and dates are set, WTH is the hold up with saying so?
Chuck as long as there are dates scheduled then does it really matter who is promoting in January

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, tirespinner