IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Update????
4/2/10, 11:54 PM   #81
Re: Eldora Update????
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny burton View Post
i'll bet he's thrilled.

Note to self: Don't tease cp about eldora.
what did i say!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They got my last buck! Untill tony fires larry and larry its done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/2/10, 11:56 PM   #82
SprintManDave

I"M betting that it won"t be a dust bowl tomorrow night with all of the rain that I see coming this way on the radar.

4/3/10, 12:40 AM   #83
darnall

DID SOMEONE SAY WOODCHIPS??????

If you can't make dirt stick to itself how in the hell do you think adding something dense in the mix is going to fix it??? Put golf balls in dirt, put broken glass in dirt, put BBs in dirt, those things aren't sticky either

"Oh the wood chips will absorb the water and release it as the track dries out"....RIGHT!!!! Ever noticed that when you cut firewood it won't burn right away but after it seasons a while it can soak in rainstorms all thru the fall and burn as soon as you put in in the stove? Wood has more density than dirt or water, that's why in America we prefer to build houses with wood instead of mud and grass. As you add water to dirt with woodchips the dirt will just keep getting sloppier and the wood will not change because the path of least resistence is the dirt.

Don't they use woodchips and sawdust on motocross tracks to make the dirt come apart, rut up and get all loamy???? ON purpose???

Don't they use sawdust on baseball fields to cover the mud up when they are too wet to play on???

Can anyone tell me of any dirt OVAL CAR race track that has tried the woodchip/sawdust method to compensate for crappy prep and been happy with the result??? I know I have heard it mentioned before but I have never heard anyone brag about the result.

The bottom line is sawdust and woodchips won't bond with sawdust and woodchips. How in the world is dirt full of sawdust going to bond with itself???

4 members like this post: Need For Speed, Pat O'Connor Fan, SUPERDUKE, turn4
4/3/10, 12:47 AM   #84
Flatrightrear

Maybe after Tony gets all the suites and jumbotrons and other goodies in place he is going to pave it. Might see a truck and /or Nationwide series race there someday. Might sound crazy but it could happen with all his connections down south. Tom Fischer-Ace Reporter and starter of rumours

4/3/10, 12:50 AM   #85
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
DID SOMEONE SAY WOODCHIPS??????

If you can't make dirt stick to itself how in the hell do you think adding something dense in the mix is going to fix it??? Put golf balls in dirt, put broken glass in dirt, put BBs in dirt, those things aren't sticky either

"Oh the wood chips will absorb the water and release it as the track dries out"....RIGHT!!!! Ever noticed that when you cut firewood it won't burn right away but after it seasons a while it can soak in rainstorms all thru the fall and burn as soon as you put in in the stove? Wood has more density than dirt or water, that's why in America we prefer to build houses with wood instead of mud and grass. As you add water to dirt with woodchips the dirt will just keep getting sloppier and the wood will not change because the path of least resistence is the dirt.

Don't they use woodchips and sawdust on motocross tracks to make the dirt come apart, rut up and get all loamy???? ON purpose???

Don't they use sawdust on baseball fields to cover the mud up when they are too wet to play on???

Can anyone tell me of any dirt OVAL CAR race track that has tried the woodchip/sawdust method to compensate for crappy prep and been happy with the result??? I know I have heard it mentioned before but I have never heard anyone brag about the result.

The bottom line is sawdust and woodchips won't bond with sawdust and woodchips. How in the world is dirt full of sawdust going to bond with itself???
Gorilla glue
Posted via Mobile Device

4/3/10, 1:14 AM   #86
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceckert View Post
Let's not try to paint the Earl years in dust-free, rosy tones and colors. I have seen "Grapes of Wrath"-conditions at Baltes specials as well. This didn't just begin under the Stewart-ship.....But it sure as hell better END with him.
I've seen dusty tracks at eldora and by the time they cancelled, I think everyone was willing to put up with the dusty end of it. The track was coming apart at the seems.

Biggest crowd I've seen for a usac show there, Honest cept mopar million. Great weather.

Start watering track at 4pm on race day and just spraying it, Not blasting it

Im done bashing Eldora cause of it. IM just done with it. To many other great tracks putting on great shows. They may have screw ups too but they either complete the show, Refund your money or at least Apologize. I got none of that.

In fact, Id wonder if some other track would solicit the 3 crown away from Eldora.

Personally, I blame none of this on USAC I've already stated the reason why.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
4/3/10, 1:32 AM   #87
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
I'll bet he's thrilled.

Note to self: don't tease CP about Eldora.
Or JH

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/3/10, 1:34 AM   #88
Tim Watson

When i made an earlier post about us making an 8 hour trip to see the races this weekend i was all fired up to come until i read EldoraMarks report from what he seen at the track on Thursday. I sometimes might look into certain scanerios to much but this time i'm glad we stayed at home. Now if only i could put my mind reader skills to winniung the lottery!

4/3/10, 1:34 AM   #89
hoosierfan

I know I won't be back to Eldora until atleast the 3 Crown and that's only because its one of the last chances to see good racing in the area. Was talking to a local and he said that unless they know Tony is going to be there the track is crap. Atleast they refunded our tickets that means we don't have to go back if things haven't improved by the end of the year.
Posted via Mobile Device

4/3/10, 1:41 AM   #90
darnall

"Well boss, sorry the woodchips thing didn't work but I have a new plan...... Im gonna use your money to buy 200 truckloads of REBAR to put in the dirt. That stuff holds concrete together relly well."

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, SUPERDUKE
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Update????