IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Kart#51 (Offline)
  #81 3/24/22 1:49 PM
Looks like the natives are restless and have cabin fever these days...YIKES!
2 Likes: rick42, Stevensville Mike
The Old Coyote (Online)
  #82 3/24/22 2:19 PM

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #83 3/24/22 3:08 PM
Im starting to think this thread would have just been totally dissapeared in the Bill G days. Or the accusations removed and closed to further commenting.

Charles Nungester
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, duel, fish, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69
otgracing17 (Offline)
  #84 3/24/22 3:17 PM
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J:
Just hear say...thats all it is...if USAC was sweeping it under the rug, they wouldnt have made a statement at all and they already did about continuing with further testing...something you sweep under the rug is not something you go and tell everyone about and make a public statement about...I mean read a certain person's post...they know who done it...next post...what they heard was...HEAR SAY...DRAMA...its the top 4 funded teams...hmm top 4 funded teams cheated but the others dont huh...wonder how well that sits with their "funder"...as I stated before, 5S was one "according to these amazing sources on here that wont say nothing" but 5M wasnt??? KO really had to scratch his head and pick which one to help and dope the tires huh and which one not to help huh even though their both his??? Hey let's put these tires on the 5S hauler and put these tires on the 5M hauler and give myself and my teams and crews headaches by keeping doped tires away from 5M even though it's all KOs...some of these people on here and their post are so dramatic and they know everything but cant tell anyone anything bc THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

Why would the 5m have tires sampled when it missed both shows at Volusia?
3 Likes: chrismattlin, dshort36, sc17x
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #85 3/24/22 3:52 PM
Testing Tires is like getting a COVID test....false positives....false negatives...just keep testing until you get the desired result. It all depends on the result your looking for. This I know...where there is smoke, there is always fire.
2 Likes: duel, TQ29m
TQ29m (Offline)
  #86 3/24/22 4:10 PM
Like I said earlier, any time you can't test something at the track, you're burning daylight, people usually don't like reruns, and will doubt your qualifications.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
The Old Coyote (Online)
  #87 3/24/22 5:28 PM
UOTE=TQ29m;550139]Like I said earlier, any time you can't test something at the track, you're burning daylight, people usually don't like reruns, and will doubt your qualifications.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a dog in the fight. I am not a driver, mechanic or car owner, just a fan who wants to see good racing without controversy.

It would seem to me that all this controversy about doping as well as mandatory tire brands specified by tracks or sanctioning bodies could be done away by with mandating a specific minimum durometer hardness. An official could walk down the line up chute and check it before qualifying, heat races and feature.

Or, tires could checked by the track at sign in and have a sticker applied.

At sign in teams could check their tester against the track's tester so they could check their tires at the shop or when they purchased them.

More suppliers would provide competition that would lower costs and as TQ29 says, it would happen in real time at the track.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
2 Likes: Stevensville Mike, TQ29m
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #88 3/24/22 6:38 PM
I honestly don't understand the mandated tire or at least brand rule. Sure someone is getting some $$ somewhere but it sure isnt the teams that used to have tire sponsorships that cut their yearly bill by significant amount

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Leohr46, PIT CART, TQ29m
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #89 3/24/22 6:44 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
Or maybe they used the Donald strategy destroyed the evidence and stopped up the toilet.
I thought you said in a previous thread you were DONE. If you want to have political conversation/accusation or make just make dumb statements, freedom of speech allows you to do that. Please just do it on other forums. Thank you for understanding.
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, dirtnonwingfan
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #90 3/24/22 6:58 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Again where did you hear that rumor. This "I was told" or "I heard" stuff is getting old. If you cant name your sources then you probably should keep it to yourself.
I have a question. Is it fair to say USAC is a source? They have stated four teams failed the test but they failed to name them. Therefore giving more room for conjecture and speculation. This entire verbal battle about who heard what from whom could have ended if Usac stated who they were and what the penalty is. They then could have said there is an appeals process in which all four teams have entered. Stating that they all failed together the same way and we are going to look into this further before following normal procedure for such infraction, also leaves room for conjecture and speculation.
After reading all of these posts it appears most if not all have spoken to someone and have an idea about who did what. Getting upset at people for discussing their knowledge with refrain from stating sources but not calling out the sanction body for basically the same thing is detrimental to your point. Hopefully a solid decision is made before next Saturday. I know I’d be apprehensive about running the show if I had no faith that Usac was keeping things on a level field.
5 Likes: addictedtodirt, Bill Angel, chrismattlin, progressive22, sprint38racer