IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Joltin Joe (Offline)
  #81 9/4/09 3:46 PM
from what i heard Alison is suspended for 4 races, Mario for 10 races, and BOTH DADS are suspended for 14 races.

Im "Joltin" Joe Liguori and i approve this message.
Shawn (Offline)
  #82 9/4/09 7:03 PM
J.R. (767),

With all due respect, that statement is absolutely absurd! You might be fine with that in your demolition derbies, but that's not for all types of racing. By the way, I don't mind demolition derbies at all. In fact, they're pretty fun to take in from time to time. It sounds to me like they're lucky that they weren't at the Rush County Fairgrounds. A few years ago I saw a couple of drivers get put in cuffs for something that was NOWHERE close to this situation! So, in that aspect, I'd say they're pretty lucky, like "indycar45" mentioned. It might sell more tickets in NASCAR, but that's not going to sell tickets to a Regional Midget/Focus/Kenyon car event.

I think that the punishment is fitting, but that's just judging by what I've read on here. You can't let them get by with that sort of thing. Some sort of punishment was needed, period.
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #83 9/4/09 9:23 PM
Originally Posted by indycar45:
heard it from multiple sources so if incorrect, then there is some bad info floating around. Could be the team aspect is incorrect but have a feeling the driver suspensions are true..
Don't bet against Janice. She knows more about racing matters than a lot of us put together.
THE PAINTER
  #84 9/4/09 9:37 PM
why isnt the drivers the same? everybody wants to be treated the same. they both were fighting. the dads got the same,so it wasnt about who started what.
psullivan
  #85 9/4/09 10:21 PM
Because the officials reviewed the situation and made that determination - punishments in all sorts of sports altercations are not uniform -
v8j (Offline)
  #86 9/4/09 10:39 PM
the punishment fit.
THE PAINTER
  #87 9/4/09 10:40 PM
and thats why we have so many problems in this world because its not the same for the other guy.
psullivan
  #88 9/4/09 10:50 PM
Dead wrong - its the opposite. How may workplace policies are designed because of the one person who screwed things up for the masses - and as a result everyone has to pay? Should the kid who taunted the Oregon player last night get punished? Yes. Should the Oregon player face a harsher punishment. Yes.
THE PAINTER
  #89 9/4/09 11:53 PM
they both jumped in the fight instead of standing back and try to stop the fight so they both made the wrong move but its ok for one to jump in and not the other.
psullivan
  #90 9/5/09 1:18 AM
maybe someone else can help you understand
Closed Thread