IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
11/2/13, 8:33 AM   #71
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
Quantrill

Thanks everyone for blowing up this post... Everyone surly knows about our meeting at this point. And it has saved me from having to TTT

As you can tell NOTHING gets accomplished on forum boards. This will be the first time that I know of that the people who have put so much time, effort and in most cases there own money in to promoting our sport have had to actually meet and talk face to face on it future. As I have said before there will be more knowledge and experience sitting together in this one room than ever before and I am very excited to hear from each and every one of them.

Dont let the actions of a few on here detract what is trying to be accomplish. Which is the promotion of this sport..... PERIOD
Last edited by Quantrill; 11/2/13 at 8:43 AM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
11/2/13, 10:19 AM   #72
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
Thanks everyone for blowing up this post... Everyone surly knows about our meeting at this point. And it has saved me from having to TTT

I'm not everybody I'm Honest Dad himself. AKA. Bill Jones Your meeting Idea was sinking and I thought I would get you a little support and attention. Sure worked better than TTT didn't it.

As you can tell NOTHING gets accomplished on forum boards. This will be the first time that I know of that the people who have put so much time, effort and in most cases there own money in to promoting our sport have had to actually meet and talk face to face on it future. As I have said before there will be more knowledge and experience sitting together in this one room than ever before and I am very excited to hear from each and every one of them.

Dont let the actions of a few on here detract what is trying to be accomplish. Which is the promotion of this sport..... PERIOD

Thanks Mark

I went to your board just to see how you were doing getting the word out. For those interested you can view Marks other post at http://midwestlightningsprints.freef...prints-f3.html

Over there you don't even need TTT. I noticed you were not drawing too well over here either and attempted to help you get a few more hits.

Like I said you and Phil need to start your own little Dictatorship, invest your own money, print your own rules if you got it right it will show up in your pocket book.

When asked what was the most dangerous thing in the world by his teacher the little boy said "PERIOD"

When the teacher asked him why that was, he said welll >>My big sister came home and said the had missed her "PERIOD" ,My mother fainted, my daddy kicker my sister out of the house, and the boy down the street shot himself. (this joke dates to before Roe v. Wade) boy I am getting old.

For those interested you might want to go to their board and check it out.

The other two links I posted earlier relate to the success and or demise of the National Modified Midget Association. Very interesting reading.

When racing organizations do not meet the needs of their racers, racers will replace them with one that will.

You guys might be that one. >>>REMEMBER>>> "Keep your eye on the ball"

"PERIOD"

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/3/13 at 9:56 AM.

11/2/13, 7:11 PM   #73
Quantrill

As if anyone needed to know who I was talking about.

11/3/13, 10:01 AM   #74
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
The cars have evolved, the speed as evolved... Reguardless lets keep it civil, don't let a stir stick operator push your tempers. I'm guessing this is why there's not a open meeting too many opinions on a subject will lead to nothing being accomplished. Hey "dad" why is it 2wd trucks haul sand in the wintertime? I would think a dump truck would be more useful?.... See I can do it too .
Huh????? got me

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/4/13 at 9:03 AM.

11/4/13, 9:58 AM   #75
DAD

Phil

Can you believe you guys have got over 4000 hits on your post.

I have not planned on attending your meeting, however I felt that I would like to bring a few things to your attention for consideration. You have met them with your arguments and I appreciate that.

I would assume that nothing at your meeting will be put to a vote and that too is a good thing. Your job is to listen to these people and go back and compose your rules in the way you feel will work for betterment of your group and if you choose wisely will be adopted by other groups.

Most of my recommendations have been made because of my observations and experience from racing these things for the last 20 years or so. Many time people sitting in the pits with other racers hear things that are different from what race organizers hear.

There are several dian's out there that would like the weight changed just a little bit and don't appreciate off hand remarks about how that would be impossible.

There are several people out there like Ron Ambrose that would like to see a cheap, hard spec RR tire.

There are sever people out there like me that have raced against race built motors for years and take pride in beating them.

It is ironic that the mini sprints over here split up over the fact that the AMSA brought scales to the races and used them. Then when the new group, the MMSA came into being the scales were the first thing brought to the races.

I went to your site the other day to check on your hits, while I was surfing I said wonder what the Dwarf cars are doing and I went to their website: http://dwarfcarracing.com/forums/forum.php looks like they are doing pretty good.

They are stealing all of our motors, they have their own website, many many chassis builders, specialty parts people, and even engine builders. I asked my self how are they different and what make them more successful than mini sprints.

Weight? They are a tad heavier than a mini sprint.

Engine? They use everything from 750's to 1200 cc motors in all states of tune from box stock to all out race motors and somehow manage to race together, and grow their series.

Tires? They do race on them little old skinny tires.

Speed? They make just as much noise as we do but when you clock them they are quite a bit slower than we are.

Open wheel? They are semi open wheel, and perhaps appear not to be as dangerous to the the average racer.

Several years ago I hired Will Kimmel, the nephew of Frank Kimmel of ARCA fame to drive one of my cars. After two races in mini sprints his mother put an end to his open wheel career and relegated him to driving Stock cars around Daytona and Talladega.

I do have faith in you guys, don't take your self so serious, when racing the last thing I say to Doug when he goes out is "Have Fun"!

Remember "Keep Your Eyes on the Ball"

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/4/13 at 11:30 AM.

11/4/13, 10:21 AM   #76
openwheel44

I just hope at least 3,998 of them agree this is a good idea to at least set down and talk. It can't hurt. It's time and expenses being donated by each attendee to see if something can be done to standardize basic rules, curb costs if possible, equalize competition and standardize tech procedures for things techable. And as I stated before.....nothing may come of it. But a few of us can say we tried. And a few can say they fought it as hard as they could. I look forward to any discussions and like Mark, extremely excited this is happening. Let's face it...........even the positive comments and the negativity comments presented here have kept the subject open for discussion and Lighting Sprints are getting "some sort of exposure" on this board.

Amazing this class really got started in the early 80's down in the Tulsa area with the likes of the Pickles and the Fraziers and spread across the nation after bringing the show to 65 Speedway in Sedalia, Mo.. A few guys got their heads together from that area, here and from Illinois/Indiana and standardized some basic rules and the class started to grow. That worked then and a "tune up" of rules might just help again now.

2 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, DAD
11/4/13, 11:19 AM   #77
Bradleyracing86

At quick glance Bill,
If you go to the forum for the dwarfs, and click on the "constructive rules link" you will see a mirror image of what we have going on with our own cars. I wouldn't call it " doing good".... Many threads titled "need national rules" " lack of teching" " new motor rules" ....

Same boat, different passengers!

2 members like this post: DAD, Wayne Davis
11/4/13, 11:44 AM   #78
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
At quick glance Bill,
If you go to the forum for the dwarfs, and click on the "constructive rules link" you will see a mirror image of what we have going on with our own cars. I wouldn't call it " doing good".... Many threads titled "need national rules" " lack of teching" " new motor rules" ....

Same boat, different passengers!
Andy

There just seem to be a lot more of them bichen, ask yourself why is that? "If you aint bichen you you probably aint racin" .

The job of rule makers is to appeal to the largest number of bichers.

No rule is ever perfect and you will never please everyone, SO!

Do the best you can, what does it take to grow your business, and keep your customers happy. If you do it right you will have more business than you can handle, and yes some of those customers will still not like everything, So be it.

This too shall pass.

Honest Dad himself

PS: We have managed to generate quite a bit of interest on the topic and that has to be "A GOOD THING" !!
Last edited by DAD; 11/4/13 at 12:02 PM.

1 member likes this post: Bradleyracing86
11/4/13, 11:59 AM   #79
Bradleyracing86

Read the post, go to Engine Claim/Dyno thread..... You kinda contradict yourself. It appears the only series growing are the stock ones. Arizona series pull 50 cars with stock engines. Look at the guys who oppose it and the equipment they endorse and the way they wanna tech with dynos and such...no ones got time or money for a tech procedure that requires a Dyno! The rule makers job is too make sure there series doesn't go bust. It's there job to make sure the show is marketable to a racetrack, so we have a place to race. No one wants too see a 7 car feature...

11/4/13, 12:03 PM   #80
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post

The job of rule makers is to appeal to the largest number of bichers.

No rule is ever perfect and you will never please everyone, SO!

Honest Dad himself
I have to 100% disagree with you on this one Dad.....It is "NOT" to appeal to anyone pearson or group...they are written to accomplish closer competion along with trying to keep the cost down along with be fair to EVERYBODY.....but the biggest job of rules makers..........

ENFORCE WHAT RULES THAT ARE WRITTEN NO MATTER WHO OR HOW LITTLE OF AN INFRACTION IT MAY BE.....A RULE IS A RULE...SO IT BE WRITTEN SO IT BE ENFORCED

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting