IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #71 8/7/13 6:32 PM
I remember Steve "the kid" Howard racing at the nationals in a white #94, if my memory is correct.

There was a really fast car in the Midwest, #29, "The Feather Chevrolet", I believe the owner was Gary Hanna, and Dick Sutcliffe and others drove it.

I also think there was a car from Nebraska called "The Star City Double Zero - 00 - It had some really fast drivers.
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #72 8/7/13 9:43 PM
Larry Dickson drove a car in the mid 70's (in fact,he won the USAC championship in 1975) called the "Torsion Bar Special". IMO, one of the most appropriate sprint car names EVER! Interestingly enough, IF I remember correctly, the car was a Leffler spring front car.

Steve

Posted via Mobile Device
snoopy (Offline)
  #73 8/7/13 10:05 PM
The weinie burner. Paul Grim ran a 6 cylinder car that belched flames at low speed. Another driver (some say Jim Elliott others say Ed Angle) put a hot dog on a stick, held it out in the flame. The flagman stopped everyone and the announcer ate the dog. Boy Warsaw is still missed

Posted via Mobile Device
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #74 8/8/13 8:12 AM
Fox's #56 "ol red"
Dallas Kinser's "Simple Man"

Posted via Mobile Device
KKinser99 (Offline)
  #75 8/8/13 10:29 AM
kinser log wagon 4K kelly kinser
fourteen fan (Offline)
  #76 8/8/13 10:33 AM
Can't remember if this is right, but the car Gary Balough ran at the Sryacuse mile was the ""Batmoblie." Go ahead and correct me if I am wrong.
Ty (Offline)
  #77 8/8/13 3:06 PM
Originally Posted by fourteen fan:
Can't remember if this is right, but the car Gary Balough ran at the Sryacuse mile was the ""Batmoblie." Go ahead and correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct
baldtireman (Offline)
  #78 8/8/13 5:46 PM
Originally Posted by davidm:
Frank Crash Special
We just lost Frank Crash 2 weeks ago to a home invasion/murder.....
suzuki756 (Offline)
  #79 8/8/13 9:57 PM
Stranglehold
Sprinter56 (Offline)
  #80 8/9/13 12:44 AM
The Genesee Beer Wagon, 1978 USAC Sprint car champion, drove by Sheldon kinser, crew chief galen fox,who also got the USAC chief mechanic of 78'. It wasn't just a clever name either, the beer wagon rolled well. Galen restored this car it is race ready exactly how it ran

Posted via Mobile Device