IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
CURTIS81 (Offline)
  #71 6/30/11 5:04 PM
When my dad raced back in the 50 ,s 60,s and early 70,s his # was 81 when i started racing as a kid i just kept the # going
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #72 6/30/11 5:26 PM
Originally Posted by Checker'd Past:
I guess the IOW name says it all.
Plus it sounds better than old Rube.

The name came from a long time ago. I used to be an official at a dirt track and they required the drivers/cars to "mud pack" as the announcer would say, aka wheel pack the track prior to hot laps, qualifying and racing. Each one was required to do so many laps and I was assigned to count each lap. Real fun job let me tell you. One of the crew members hung that name on me so here it is.:2:

Also sounds a lot better than what my mother used to call me.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
3 Likes: FishBurger, jim goerge, mowerman
thebus79h (Offline)
  #73 6/30/11 5:43 PM
Myself and TJ from TJSlideways.com have been friends for quite a long time, and when we brought our micro sprints to Hartford one night to put them on display, we were standing around talking, and said "is that color school bus yellow?". It actually was, and he said it then. The saying still makes me laugh, "It may be cool to sit in the back, but this bus is going to the front."

Didn't happen all that much, but I won a few races. lol
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #74 6/30/11 5:54 PM
Named after Grandpa. A far better man than I'll ever be. I miss him.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: FishBurger, Mud Packer
cecil98 (Offline)
  #75 6/30/11 6:22 PM
A Lawrenceburg Sprint Car driver from the 60's named Cecil Beavers (#57 Foutch Chevy) and #98 Willard Battery Spl driven by my life long hero, Parnelli......cecil98
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, FishBurger
throb (Offline)
  #76 6/30/11 6:22 PM
When I first started going to dirt track races, in terre haute growing up, I met this guy Brent Goodnight (brenttfunk) and his group of friends. I saw these guys everytime they came to terre haute so they started calling me Terre Haute Rob. This went on for several years until they got lazy and started calling me TH Rob. Then someone realized that spelled THROB, and there you have it. It interesting how nick-names start...
Posted using Mobile Device
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, Isaac Chapple Racing
BrentTFunk (Online)
  #77 6/30/11 6:26 PM
Originally Posted by throb:
When I first started going to dirt track races, in terre haute growing up, I met this guy Brent Goodnight (brenttfunk) and his group of friends. I saw these guys everytime they came to terre haute so they started calling me Terre Haute Rob. This went on for several years until they got lazy and started calling me TH Rob. Then someone realized that spelled THROB, and there you have it. It interesting how nick-names start...
Posted using Mobile Device
I think I might still have the picture where Morty (Mortboyz) first called you Terre Haute Rob. I think it was Coach who shortened it to TH Rob, and then Throb. Anyway it stuck.
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #78 6/30/11 6:36 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Real name cuz all the good names were already taken
Somebody spelled GEORGE wrong.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

SPRINTCAR, because thats the only real racecar out there. Isn't it?
Bostonian (Offline)
  #79 6/30/11 6:57 PM
For me it's, Home Sweet Home. But home is actually 15 miles north east of Boston. Like Dick M. I'm also along the Atlantic coastline, right in the middle of open wheel dirt car country
Jack Dupp (Offline)
  #80 6/30/11 6:58 PM
Gretchen Wilson gave me my nickname soon after the release of her hit song: All Jacked Up".

I'm kiddin'. It's just me being silly. The nice thing about getting older is that I can get away with silly stuff more often :2:
Closed Thread