IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > pay per view
11/25/16, 9:07 AM   #71
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I got on as the checked flew for the sprint car B main lost sound during the interviews the everything went black and I tried chicking on everything so I didn"t even get to see what I paid for Turkey night I have 2 phone numbers and someone will be getting a good old fashion ass chewing. I will never recommend Loudpetal to anyone and while I'm at it may call USAC and let them know about their choice for fliming their events Man I'm pissed which is great for my health issues
I'm with you Jim, a little more pissed than pleased. An hour and a half to get logged in was incredibly frustrating. I would have given up if people had not come over to watch it. I'd say Tim Truex earned his paycheck last night, I felt bad for him. Maybe with all the interest shown in watching this event, a cable network could step up and cover it. One could only dream.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
11/25/16, 11:55 AM   #72
Re: pay per view
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFAST View Post
Damn it sucks being just 30 minutes from the track, watching football. Any updates (or even a link ) much appreciated. (100 mile blackouts are good for the track, but sucks for me tonight).

Beautiful day with mid 70's weather, should be a great night of racing (but likely chilly).

I guess "Planes trains and automobiles" is next on the agenda. have they qualified yet? Lot's of racing, might be a long night with track maintenance
I have to ask, if your that close, why wouldn't you go?

1 member likes this post: racer-x
11/25/16, 12:00 PM   #73
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

Glad I skipped this...I gave up on PPV after I missed the first 20 laps of the nationals this year...overall this season I spend a few hundred bucks on PPVs...I missed countless hot lap sessions, time trials and heat races...it a shame really...

I would never have a party with guests for one of these events because it's so unreliable...

I'll try again...but it'll be a while...

When you spend $25-$50 to watch a live event the expectations are really high...in my opinion...you shouldn't have to reload and go search for the live stream on Facebook or twitter....it should just work
Last edited by Scooter; 11/25/16 at 12:02 PM.

4 members like this post: 2fast4u, bigq11, Can26, tirespinner
11/25/16, 12:32 PM   #74
ISF

I know of several guys that watched the whole thing for nothing on Periscope and they said it worked flawlessly all night. These are guys that would have bought the PPV but they were pretty sure they could watch it for free on Periscope. Go figure. Supposedly it was one of the drivers' mother who was broadcasting it for free on Periscope. It's kinda' sad that a pirated broadcast is better than a broadcast that cost $25. I wonder if the PPV providers knew this was going on?

I remember just a few years ago watching the regular weekly shows at Ventura FOR FREE and they always worked very good. We used to plan our Saturday nights around the broadcast. They get a big race with PPV available and many have all kinds of problems getting it to work. And so it goes.

2 members like this post: cleatziff, Kansasdirtfan
11/25/16, 1:02 PM   #75
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I experienced a few issues but they were all resolved fairly quickly, and overall I thought it was a decent experience; certainly not ESPN or MAVTV quality but on the other hand a ton better than covert dark, fuzzy, motion-sickness inducing shots from somebody's girlfriend's cellphone. I thought the throwbacks from Thunders and Turkey Nights gone by were a nice filler too.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

11/25/16, 4:35 PM   #76
bmemmer

I think some of you guys had internet problems. Maybe didn't delete your cookies or history before the race. I logged on about 5:20 central time last night and never had a problem last night besides falling asleep a few times in a food coma.

11/25/16, 5:57 PM   #77
JDFAST

Someone asked why I didn't attend if I lived within 30 minutes, I said in an earlier post I am scheduled for a surgery and having been going to races at ventura for over 30 years, I know how brutal cold it can be and didn't want to risk anything, and didn't want to leave MOM home alone on Thanksgiving. For people who have never attended a race there, you have no idea how cold it feels, the announcer, Chase expressed how cold it was early in the evening, and even Kyle Larson said how cold it was.

On the PPV, I can understand people being mad, but from past experience I know many times the issues I had was with my computer connection, and not always the PPV. I know if I purchase PPV, there a good chance to have issues, the two race tracks I don't really fear this is for chilli bowl (does get choppy, but could be my internet) and Knoxville.

For those in know which is not me, almost anything can be hacked on the internet, but you do risk viruses, etc. But I've been in the past to watch races from AU and NZ.

Anyway, sounds like the racing was awesome last night, but alot of down time in track prep, which is pretty typical of ventura. The mains are almost always awesome, but its damn cold and the track needs some/alot of care during the night. not everyone's cup of tea, but I sure do enjoy the mains. But knowing this ahead of time, I could not attend turkey night this year in person but plan to next year. FYI, if you purchase PPV for a sprint car event, I always expect a few issues. If I can attend the race in person, I ALWAYS TRY TO ATTEND and avoid frustration of internet connections.
Last edited by JDFAST; 11/25/16 at 6:00 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jjones752
11/25/16, 6:09 PM   #78
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I have to ask, if your that close, why wouldn't you go?
If you'd of read a previous post, He's scheduled for surgery and does not want to risk being in public for fear of catching a flu or something that would delay the surgery.

11/25/16, 9:10 PM   #79
JDFAST

I got my flu shot, not real paranoid about getting sick,but didn't think sitting for 5 plus hours in the damp cold ocean breeze was the wisest thing to do, plus my 80 plus mom not a fan of cold, but she was going to give it a go, but I figured it might of run just as long. Anyway, we had a great night, in a 70 plus room watching stuff on the puter connected to tv but sure damn hope I get to go in person next year.

but maybe Ventura should run sprints on one night, and than just midgets the next night, and start earlier. Track prep through the night is always a big issuie at ventura especially with sprint cars. The promoter has tried many times to bring in better dirt and change the shape of the track. Sure cool seeing the action from the Saturday Night Thunder in the 90's but you he does a hell of a job with what he has, but many of the local sprint car teams choose not to race at ventura much if at all, besides ********/purse, the track conditions when you run 5 support classes is not conducive to a great night of racing, but Jim always gets the track right for the main, and in the end, I guess that's what counts most.

My wish list if Spridge is reading, run the Ovals one week later for 2018 (17 already set in stone), and than the next week have the midgets run their normal Turkey Night GP, Friday run USAC 360 race, and finally on Saturday have a full USAC Sprint carNational Race. I know ******** would play a role with turkey night and even the Ovals. What would midwest fans think of this and/or teams. Race fans could come to the ovals, vacation around LA for a few days, than watch all the action at Ventura. The midwest teams and drivers would have an extra week to make/spend in the LA area.

The only thing, u might need shorts for Perris one week, and the next week clothes for the artic at Ventura. Anyway, it was a fun way to close the season in so cal this year with all the midwest stars, I will say it doesn't happen very often, the CRA boys/car won the big sprint car race this year, congrats to Damion and the Alexander's race team

tks to all the teams, promoters, organizations, video, etc, etc for making the last few weeks of racing the best of the year, well done PAS, Ventura, Kazarians, Naylor, USAC (and west coast usac)

ps what do the midwest fans think of new home for Turkey Night, Ventura Raceway. If pas and ventura were back to back, you think it would be better for midwest teams/fans?
Last edited by JDFAST; 11/25/16 at 9:14 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > pay per view