IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anderson Midgets
9/4/09, 1:34 AM   #71
Re: Anderson Midgets
v8j

their was a lot of players in the fight the dirt was people showing their ass nothing was changed

9/4/09, 2:03 AM   #72
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8j View Post
their was a lot of players in the fight the dirt was people showing their ass nothing was changed
Parlez vous Anglais, sil vous plais?

9/4/09, 9:57 AM   #73
indycar45

Both drivers and teams suspended from the regional series for 14 races from what I am hearing...if that is true, this sends a strong message that this crap has no place in racing..go back to your pit, blow off some steam, etc before you start throwing punches..14 races would be pretty much all of the 2010 regional series schedule..Penalty seems to fit the crime.

9/4/09, 10:19 AM   #74
jeast

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect....

9/4/09, 10:37 AM   #75
indycar45

heard it from multiple sources so if incorrect, then there is some bad info floating around. Could be the team aspect is incorrect but have a feeling the driver suspensions are true..

9/4/09, 10:38 AM   #76
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeast View Post
I'm pretty sure this is incorrect....
why????????

9/4/09, 1:51 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycar45 View Post
Both drivers and teams suspended from the regional series for 14 races from what I am hearing...if that is true, this sends a strong message that this crap has no place in racing..go back to your pit, blow off some steam, etc before you start throwing punches..14 races would be pretty much all of the 2010 regional series schedule..Penalty seems to fit the crime.
Hmmm.. sell some tickets with this press if they are stupid enough to suspend them 14 races, this series is flat doomed. Hell it can not even drawl a good car count.

9/4/09, 2:51 PM   #78
psullivan

You have to suspend drivers in any like situation, but particularly in a situation where you have very young drivers present. Any descision made in such situations must be handled in accordance with what you think is right, regardless of the drivers or teams involved - hence the viability of the series is irrelevant to the matter at hand. It is not dumb - dumb officiating decisions occur when you fail to do the right thing because of your self interest.
Last edited by psullivan; 9/4/09 at 2:53 PM.

9/4/09, 2:51 PM   #79
indycar45

767....so you are advocating fathers and their sons and daughters just getting into a flat out brawl in the pits AFTER the race because of a racing incident...with fans roaming around to see this.. and getting a slap on the wrist? I see. yep..that will sure bring the fans back Yes this series has struggled with car counts, as have all series this year, but if you let what went on in the pits go unpunished, then you are sending the message to all competitors that this is OK..and from what I saw on Sunday, they are all lucky the cops didn't haul the whole bunch of them off to jail. 14 races sounds fine to me.
Last edited by indycar45; 9/4/09 at 3:02 PM.

9/4/09, 3:31 PM   #80
jeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
why????????
Alison was suspended for 4 races...not 14.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anderson Midgets