IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell
11/5/07, 10:28 PM   #71
Re: Sammy Swindell
robfix

I was at the race on Thursday and Saturday nights. On Thursday, Kevin just ran over Rip Williams. Kevin was exciting to watch on Thursday in the main, splitting cars in the middle and pulling big time slid jobs. I don't think he really cared who was in the way. It was also obvious from what I saw on Saturday that Kevin just ran into Clayton. Clayton was not happy and walked down the front straighaway to have some words with Kevin. He didn't make it to the car and was tackled/hit by Sammy I assume. I don't understand why USAC fined Clayton when he didn't hit anyone, he was the one tackled to the ground.

I went into the pits after the race and Clayton was pretty calm about the entire situation. Over in Kevin's pits, he was laughing and joking with Stenhouse and didn't seem too concerned about the evenings events. There were fans standing around and Kevin didn't even acknowledge them. Bacon on the other hand was standing signing autographs and handing out picture cards. Bacon was very friendly with everyone.

11/5/07, 10:45 PM   #72
Rex W.

I can't belive at 9:50 on a Monday nite there are 70 people reading this garbage

11/5/07, 10:53 PM   #73
tailtank

I just watched the video from Saturday night. You people just love to hate someone like Kevin. I saw Jessie Hockett try the same move (Kevin tried to put on Clayton) not once but twice. First he tried Kevin and second he tried Bacon. The only difference he didn't make contact with either. He slid up there trying to put a slide job on them both. Kevin had the momentum to clear Hockett. Hockett looked like he saw he wasn't going to make the slidejob and lifted to let Bacon go.

So essentially it looked like Kevin had a slide job go wrong and got into Clayton. How many slidejobs have you seen go just about the way that one went? Plenty. You guys keep beating the Rip Williams and the Ballou incident to death. Like it or not you love to hate lil' Swindell. I hope he moves up and on so next year you guys can beat someone else to death. I just wonder who it will be?

I was PM'd on another board from someone who was there and told a USAC offical tried to stop Clayton but Clayton side-stepped the official and kept moving toward Swindell's car. That's when Sammy tackled him to keep him from getting to Kevin which the offical tried to do first.

Say what you want, rip me for what I interpreted, so what I think you guys just love to hate someone and this years it's been Kevin. Any takers on who it will be next year?

And for the comment on Bacon Vs. Swindell there really isn't much of one IMO. Kevin has been up front several more times than Bacon. Yes Bacon is ahead in the sprint points but Swindell either broke or crashed while running up front. He may have been on the ragged edge, but isn't that what a lot of people pay to see? Maybe, maybe not.

11/5/07, 11:10 PM   #74
Hawker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Are you the Hawker from the other board?
The one and only...

11/5/07, 11:27 PM   #75
Jimmydiesel

Yes,and what would have happened if the tire had shredded and gone in the car? Very dangerous situation.

11/5/07, 11:33 PM   #76
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

What was Sammy doing on the track at all?Last time I checked he isn't with the KKR TEAM.Maybe he should have been in the Pits working on the car he was tearing up all weekend:idea:Or working on his dismount skills:rolling:I'm sure Ballou would give him some tips!

What a great 3 nights of racing!I felt bad for casey It looked like he was coming to a stop the last 3 or 4 laps in one and two.But he had good runs all three nights.

11/6/07, 1:15 AM   #77
racechic66

Thoughts......

Kevin Swindell has been out of control all year..... and from the the view of the pits Sammy was out of control all year as well... Asked to stay away from his own childs race team??? Is there a problem somewhere???:idea:

I don't care who I offend here.....If you put your child in an adult sport then he/she should be held responsible for their own actions... and Kevin needed someone to talk to him come'on the kid is going to hurt someone badly or himself.

By the way it takes a REAL MAN to creap up on someone from behind... boy thats manly huh? For real what was Daron really going to do Kevin was still in his car with full gear on..hello that would have been pretty silly of Daron huh....

I feel sorry for Brady Bacon and his family for putting up with all the drama all year from this Swindell clan. I am sure that this played havic on his racing..

Kevin needed to be called out finally..at the end of the year..:respect: a little to late... WHAT I want to see is Sammy go pull this SH*T in the big leagues (NASCAR) if he doesn't ruin his sons career first.

By the way I hear Sammy watches WWF :rolling::rolling: maybe thats where he gets his moves from..... Last thought... If the kid is not old enough to defend himself for his own actions then get him off the race track.. he doesn't deserve to be there.

P.S Take this and run with it...:angry-smiley-007:

11/6/07, 1:51 AM   #78
zeroracer

Man do i ever miss the good ole days when it was, if a driver had a problem they talked and if talking didnt solve the problem, they threw hands and someone got an ass kickin and it was over, and whoever lost learned a lesson.

11/6/07, 2:24 AM   #79
nostinkinwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyF46 View Post
You make a heap of sense. Plus, Kevin has an outlaw win. Can't think of a single USAC guy racing today that can say that. LOLOLOL:checkered:

let the whinings begin!!!!!:greenflag:
Erin Crocker has an Outlaw win. Do you really wanna stand on that. Call me when a bra and panties takes home a USAC sprint trophy......:kookoo2:

11/6/07, 2:42 AM   #80
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Cindi, I totally agree with you. In response to whoever thought that the people who are concerned about Kevin's actions do so because they were just looking for a reason to bad mouth him, I must disagree. I first saw Kevin race 2 or 3 years ago in mini-sprints at East Bay. He had a bad week and therefore started the last night's feature in 27th place. In one of the more memorable drives I have seen (I started going to races in 1960) he won. I instantly became a Kevin Swindell fan. I followed his many successes through NSSN and the Internet and was so glad to see him come to USAC. Do slide jobs go bad? Of course. Do drivers get into other drivers accidentally? Of course. Unfortunately, I have watched Kevin do this time and time and time again over this season. There comes a point in time when you can't excuse a driver anymore. You have to recognize that they are a dirty driver who has no respect for his fellow drivers. Unfortunate, but true.

Frank Daigh

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell