IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DOT at Lawernceburg?
9/8/08, 8:27 PM   #61
Re: DOT at Lawernceburg?
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Cecil,

Could that Iron Skillet possibly be at New Paris instead of New Point, IN? There is one located at the Indiana/Ohio border on US40 near Richmond, IN.
I have heard that Ohio is one of the worst states to drive through because of the potential for receiving a ticket. I watch my P's and Q's very carefully when driving in the Buckeye state. So far it has worked.
Ron, Cecil is correct. there is one at the New Point exit on I-74.

I've only been pulled over once this year. Keith Wendel has witnessed at least one of my pullovers, it being here in Columbus. It's an annoyance. But I survived it.

Chuck, a huge 10-4 on that. :thumb

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

9/8/08, 8:33 PM   #62
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Ron, Cecil is correct. there is one at the New Point exit on I-74.

I've only been pulled over once this year. Keith Wendel has witnessed at least one of my pullovers, it being here in Columbus. It's an annoyance. But I survived it.

Chuck, a huge 10-4 on that. :thumb

Cecil. THe reason Bikers can ride without helmets is because about 6 million bikers lobbied to keep their freedom to kill themselves. The insurance companies getting involved are a good and bad thing. Their behind the whole no Deadly Weapons on these premisis decales on every buisness ect. But you see what happens when nobody has a gun. The whacko comes in and has free reign. IMHO they have as much blood on their hands as they try to avoid.

Chuck

9/8/08, 9:48 PM   #63
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
And since the topic is about the government and Lawrenceburg, it was pointed out to me Saturday that one of the 50/50 girls looks like Sarah Palin. Anyone here think that Cheri can field dress a moose?
Dunno what she can do with a "moose", but Cherie can do anything she wants with this "fish", in a field or most anywhere else. :wink:wink

9/8/08, 9:50 PM   #64
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Told ya they were Incouragable up there under the A

9/8/08, 11:32 PM   #65
bigmojo5

This has all been very interesting.

One point that's not been mentioned is that maybe, just maybe, some of these police officers have not only worked check points, traffic stops, race tracks and county fairs, but also the traffic accidents with serious injury or death where if someone had used a seatbelt it could have made a dramatic difference. As a newspaper reporter and photographer for 22 years, I have. It's nothing pretty.

For the most part, police officers do their job, follow their orders from their superiors on enforcement and do their best to protect and serve. On rare occasions, individual police officers abuse their power. There's an occasional bad egg in every profession.

On the targeted enforcement, complaining about the police officers carrying out their instructions will not change anything. Lobbying your elected officials -- like the mayor, county council, state legislators and state senators -- just could make a difference. After all, it was people complaining to them about druggies, drunk drivers and people without seatbelts that prompted them to enact the legislation authorizing the actions.

Few elected officials have the balls to tell the federal government to keep their federal grant money for fear of appearing soft on crime and costing themselves votes in November. One who did was Sheriff George Ballard in Gibson County, Indiana. The good sheriff conducted one of those traffic stops and heard so many complaints from the people who put him in office that he announced in the Princeton paper that he would not do it again, and would notify the appropriate state and federal officials to keep their money. For those unfamiliar, Princeton is just up the road from Haubstadt.

Finally, I am certain Dave Rudisell appreciates all of this pubicity about nazi cops searching cars at the races. I hope it does not discourage people from attending his big race this weekend.

One final thing, to the person who tried to pay a fine in pennies, your elected officials in Washington passed a law four or five years ago that allows someone to refuse payment of a debt with a large quantity of coins. Personally, I think that's wrong, but no one asked me. Maybe you should have tried dollar coins. That's still a lot of weight to deal with.
So, what did you do with all of your pennies? Donate them to the Ronald McDonald House.

Jim Morrison, who is smart enough to buckle up after stopping at the ATM a quarter mile from my destination.
Last edited by bigmojo5; 9/9/08 at 8:14 AM. Reason: Clarity

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DOT at Lawernceburg?