IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?
7/14/09, 3:37 PM   #61
Re: Bp?
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

[QUOTE=SUPERDUKE;118523]

your right! Like salt wathers never made a usac sprint car feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Denny zimmerman jerry karl eldon rasmussen john mahler janet & lynn bill simpson do you think just because you make indy your a great driver? Tell guys like rollie beale billy casella scrath daniels chuck gurney charley masters tommy astone tell them that there zero's cause the did not get a chance at indy!!!!!!! So you can kiss my You stupid jerk![COLOR="Black"]

QUOTE]

Foyt, Mario, Unser, Rutherford, Johncock, Gary B, Dickson, Vogler, Sheldon Kinser, Bigelow, Rice, Kenyon, Snider, Mosley, Ruby, McCluskey, Pancho, Saldana….didn’t seem to have a problem getting rides. I can keep going if you’d like. Maybe if you weren’t such a dickwad somebody would have hired you to drive once. Ever think maybe you were the problem and not the owners? If you haven’t changed in all of these years, then I can see why you were left on the sidelines.

BTW - I never said anybody is a zero if they didn't make Indy. In your case, you're a zero regardless.

7/14/09, 3:53 PM   #62
Vukie

[QUOTE=openwheelKT;118578][QUOTE=SUPERDUKE;118523]

your right! Like salt wathers never made a usac sprint car feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Denny zimmerman jerry karl eldon rasmussen john mahler janet & lynn bill simpson do you think just because you make indy your a great driver? Tell guys like rollie beale billy casella scrath daniels chuck gurney charley masters tommy astone tell them that there zero's cause the did not get a chance at indy!!!!!!! So you can kiss my You stupid jerk![COLOR="Black"]

Salt Walther made 3 USAC Sprint features in 1970.

7/14/09, 3:54 PM   #63
Seadog

[QUOTE=Vukie;118580][QUOTE=openwheelKT;118578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post

I think I remember Salt making a feature at Winchester, but I'm trusting my memory and that's a bad thing. I recall John Mahler being there too, but not sure that he made a feature start.
Last edited by Seadog; 7/14/09 at 3:56 PM.

7/14/09, 4:02 PM   #64
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post

Foyt, Mario, Unser, Rutherford, Johncock, Gary B, Dickson, Vogler, Sheldon Kinser, Bigelow, Rice, Kenyon, Snider, Mosley, Ruby, McCluskey, Pancho, Saldana….didn’t seem to have a problem getting rides. I can keep going if you’d like. Maybe if you weren’t such a dickwad somebody would have hired you to drive once. Ever think maybe you were the problem and not the owners? If you haven’t changed in all of these years, then I can see why you were left on the sidelines.

BTW - I never said anybody is a zero if they didn't make Indy. In your case, you're a zero regardless.
Add Bubby Jones, Jan Opperman, Jimmy Caruthers, Tom Sneva, Billy Vukovich,

7/14/09, 5:08 PM   #65
SUPERDUKE
Banned

[QUOTE=openwheelKT;118578]
Quote:

QUOTE]

I WAS HIRE YOU *******! AND JOHN MAHLER PAID DON MERGAR FROM CINCY $25000 TO DRIVE THE CAR!!!!!!! WHO DID YOU RIDE WITH ******* JERK

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vukie View Post
add bubby jones, jan opperman, jimmy caruthers, tom sneva, billy vukovich,
and on and on and i got to raced with all the great drivers!!!!!!!!!!!! How bout you?

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Seadog;118581][QUOTE=Vukie;118580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
I think I remember Salt making a feature at Winchester, but I'm trusting my memory and that's a bad thing. I recall John Mahler being there too, but not sure that he made a feature start.
WOW GARY B GOT INTO JOHN MAHLER'S REAR ENGINE EAGLE CAR AND WITH NO PRACTICE TT 3RD THE SAME CAR MAHLER NEVER MADE A SHOW IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Vukie;118580][QUOTE=openwheelKT;118578]
Quote:

TELL ME WHERE AND WHERE DID HE FINNISH?
Last edited by SUPERDUKE; 7/14/09 at 5:09 PM.

7/14/09, 6:15 PM   #66
racerdog45

http://www.champcarstats.com/drivers/CookDuke.htm

Duke's Indycar stats.......

5 attempts, all in 1981 except one in 1982, one on pavement, appears that one is when USAC/CART split and USAC filled the field with front engine dirt champ cars.

In 5 attempts 2 starts, 1 DNQ and 2 DNS too slow...

I can't find anything else Indy type related and can find nothing where Duke was ever even entered at Indy or any other races but I could be wrong...... maybe someone else can find better info because I think that site just goes back to "Champcar" days although I couldn't find anything in all my Indy reference books either.

7/14/09, 6:26 PM   #67
Vukie

Salt Walther - 04/25/70 Reading, PA - 12th, driving the Walther # 51
Salt Walther - 48th in USAC National Sprint Point Standings - 3 feature starts

If it's wrong, blame USAC. That's what was printed back in the day.

Source USAC Media Guide and Record Manuel 1970

Salt Walther also finished [correct spelling] 14th and 12th in the 1971 USAC Silver Crown races at Springfield and DuQuoin.

Salt wasn't a top driver, that I agree with, but he did start USAC Sprint features and Silver Crown races. These days the tax payers of Ohio pay David's rent.
Last edited by Vukie; 7/14/09 at 6:34 PM.

7/14/09, 6:30 PM   #68
RBurns17

Quote:

[/COLOR]Well i ask where was bp during isw and these ******** are now telling how bad i was If ******* could fly this site would be a airport!!!!!!!!!!! Try sticking to the post i know its hard for most here!!!!!!!! Like its a spelling bee! I don't dislike bp just having fun! And you jerks jump in with both feet! It shows how stupid some of you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn sure isn't a grammar rodeo.

7/14/09, 6:31 PM   #69
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
This outta be good!!!!!!!
And hits keep comming !!! Anything the DUKE is involved in on here NEVER and I mean NEVER lets me down !!!

7/14/09, 6:53 PM   #70
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
http://www.champcarstats.com/drivers/CookDuke.htm

Duke's Indycar stats.......

5 attempts, all in 1981 except one in 1982, one on pavement, appears that one is when USAC/CART split and USAC filled the field with front engine dirt champ cars.

In 5 attempts 2 starts, 1 DNQ and 2 DNS too slow...

I can't find anything else Indy type related and can find nothing where Duke was ever even entered at Indy or any other races but I could be wrong...... maybe someone else can find better info because I think that site just goes back to "Champcar" days although I couldn't find anything in all my Indy reference books either.
In 1981 USAC gave points to three of the Silver Crown races from that year, Springfield, DuQuoin and the Hoosier 100, that counted toward the USAC National Championship [aka Gold Crown]. The 500 and the Pocono race were the other races that were part of the Gold Crown from that year.

The Pocono race didn't have enough cars so USAC started several dirt cars in the race, Foyt won the rain shorted race and Mark Alderson had the best overall for the dirt cars, a 11th place.

Duke blew up on lap 6 and placed 28th : Salt was 26th.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?